MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Unless it's a misleading name, Random - no chance of rain is already doing the exact same thing we are asking for, since it should be selecting any weather (clear, cloudy, overcast etc) as long as the rain % is zero. All we are asking for is the same constrained selector, but on cloudy, or overcast etc. (if that's not what it does, how is it different to "fine" or whatever the non-random choice is called)
The no chance of rain isn't because there's a subset of specific 'no rain' days that it picks from, it just overrides the rain chance in the forecast to 0, while otherwise using the exact same system.

D

Dutch

(Am I helping guys? I feel like I'm helping...)
Well you are in the same sense as Noahs wife was helping when she decided it would be handy to drill for oil on K deck or that Niel Armstrongs mum thought his helmet would be a great place to stow his pet goldfish so that he wouldnt feel lonely on the moon...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The no chance of rain isn't because there's a subset of specific 'no rain' days that it picks from, it just overrides the rain chance in the forecast to 0, while otherwise using the exact same system.

Is a select from where clause really beyond the wit of man?

grkrama

National Board President
I would say it all depends on what is simple for them now

as in a few months ago it would have been adding a whole new module or retweaking a whole fielding system etc

but now they would be looking at simple variable or code changes than say dummying a system and overriding it with a simpler new system.

The weather system though sounds cool on paper seems to have over-complicated things.

though like blocker says if its just copy pasting a subset of weather conditions most likely to give clouds in a database section can it be sourced to the beta community to do that and send it back if its lot of mundane work for you guys.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

In my dream game which I would finance if I my Planet Cricket pay cheque didnt keep bouncing, there would be a slider bases system for weather variables, pitch variables and physics variables which allowed the end user to determine every aspect of gameplay to a minute degree... In flightsim I can fly a 747 following real life procedures and real life weather and radio procedures.....

ChaoticReality

Club Cricketer
Don't know if this is a bug or not, but one of my batsmen didn't run at all on a queued third run. At the end of the second run, one batsman grounded his bat and then turned and ran the third as expected but the other just slid his bat in and then stayed in his crease. This obviously resulted in both batsmen ending up at the same end, and only then did the non-runner attempt the run, at which point the WK nailed the stumps at the other end with a direct hit and the batter was easily run out by most of the length of the pitch.

Has anyone else experienced this?

grkrama

National Board President

or can you guys see what actually aids in getting edges on cloudy days and try to get the game to say closer [not the same but better] to that value for normal days as it seems edges or bowling rewards seem too less on normal days compared to cloudy.

Would i be right in saying the actual problem is more about edges than getting more cloudy days itself ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
or can you guys see what actually aids in getting edges on cloudy days and try to get the game to say closer [not the same but better] to that value for normal days as it seems edges or bowling rewards seem too less on normal days compared to cloudy.

Would i be right in saying the actual problem is more about edges than getting more cloudy days itself ?

the edges exacerbate it, but the simple fact is weather is a huge part of long-form cricket and it sucks not to be given control over it...
secondly the "realworlddata"TM is just way off - in England, in summer, there is cloud even if it's not overcast, even if it's not rainy. clear blue skies are the exception, but not in the game. taking the 5 sunniest days we've had in the last 40 years and using them as your "English summer" season is perverse.

it's clear that either the data or the selection criteria is biased because the weather is too good, and that's ignoring xb1/ps4 where the system is just broken.

I may be missing something, but nothing in Matt's explanation seems to clarify why they can't simply select cloudy weather, or overcast weather, or rainy weather etc. etc. if they have such a subset in their "realworlddata"TM. they obviously already have a query to select weather within certain parameters, extend the parameters to give us choice (or obviously, say - yes we could have done that but unfortunately we aren't doing any more updates now)... it's bizarre to have this discussion that boils down to "our weather system selects weather, so it's not possible for us to let you select weather"

grkrama

National Board President
ok so matt would have been better off just saying no more updates guys? or we will see if we can crunch it in :p

ya its one of those things that should have certainly been part of user control. I can understand the system for career, everywhere else should have fallen under user criteria.

on an interesting note @MattW how do you guys make it rain for pirate copies can that be useful in this?

if you can put a subset to make it rain or whatever is going there cant that be given as an option or the one in pirate copy is just a cosmetic one.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Moving away from weather... I was very bored earlier and played an online 5/5 vs some random.

One over he packed the leg side and down the ground, and bowled full down the leg side. Now I've no problem with his strategy, but it was annoying that the game wouldn't let me step inside the line to claim the rightful wide... I tried pushing both sticks to the right but the game just contorted/warped my player into an ineffective shot. When I started straighter, my opponent cleverly bowled straighter and got me LBW.

Absolutely no problem with the opponents tactics, it was very smart, but the game left me with no option to counter it. In real life, I'd have stepped inside the line and got the wides and forced him to change his approach.

grkrama

National Board President
Also another thing noted in online co op seems every six behind wicket [anything behind square gully and deep backward point i think, six of late cuts or behind leg shots ] seems to be given as four for both player and AI.

got a rare scoop for six was given as four.

2015-07-27_00012.jpg

nigelmaz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
the edges exacerbate it, but the simple fact is weather is a huge part of long-form cricket and it sucks not to be given control over it...
secondly the "realworlddata"TM is just way off - in England, in summer, there is cloud even if it's not overcast, even if it's not rainy. clear blue skies are the exception, but not in the game. taking the 5 sunniest days we've had in the last 40 years and using them as your "English summer" season is perverse.

it's clear that either the data or the selection criteria is biased because the weather is too good, and that's ignoring xb1/ps4 where the system is just broken.

I may be missing something, but nothing in Matt's explanation seems to clarify why they can't simply select cloudy weather, or overcast weather, or rainy weather etc. etc. if they have such a subset in their "realworlddata"TM. they obviously already have a query to select weather within certain parameters, extend the parameters to give us choice (or obviously, say - yes we could have done that but unfortunately we aren't doing any more updates now)... it's bizarre to have this discussion that boils down to "our weather system selects weather, so it's not possible for us to let you select weather"

Have you experienced an overcast cloudy day at all on the PC Version?

I asked MattW about the xb1/ps4 version and they are looking into it. The Xbox360 version was fine.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
New Update 1.20.1 is now live for all users.

Update notes as follows:
  • Increased shot power on light defensive trigger shots.
  • Resolved online co-op save and resume flow issues.
  • Resolved camera issues when hitting ball behind batsman in close camera.
  • Increased minimum bowling speed for spinners.
  • Add more power to lofted sweep shots to allow for sixes when timed perfectly.
  • Removed collision from non-striker batsman.

gunit123

County Cricketer
New Update 1.20.1 is now live for all users.

• Increased minimum bowling speed for spinners.

Will this help batsman against players online who bowl well below the 6m mark where the ball basically bounces twice before it reaches you?

Users who are viewing this thread