Patch General discussion

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
My word, it's funny how you seemingly ignore the posts where I genuinely give answers that try and help people.

I'm 'attacking' him for snidely raising the Michael Carberry issue when it has been known BEFORE the patch was even released that you would need to re-start career mode to rectify this issue. He has a history of not reading posts before complaining about things, so it is hardly surprising.

The 'childish' comment was in regards to making the insinuation that the patch made things worse - had nothing to do with the comments on backwards compatability.

You don't need to be making assumptions when the answers are in plain fishing sight.

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
My word, it's funny how you seemingly ignore the posts where I genuinely give answers that try and help people.

I'm 'attacking' him for snidely raising the Michael Carberry issue when it has been known BEFORE the patch was even released that you would need to re-start career mode to rectify this issue. He has a history of not reading posts before complaining about things, so it is hardly surprising.

The 'childish' comment was in regards to making the insinuation that the patch made things worse - had nothing to do with the comments on backwards compatability.

You don't need to be making assumptions when the answers are in plain fishing sight.

You do realise he probably doesn't watch this forum every second right? Considering the threads are into hundreds of pages most of the time, do you really expect everyone is completely aware of every reported bug?

If he feels that the patch made things worse, he's entitled to the opinion, it's important that the consumers' opinion reaches Big Ant here. For that matter it's worth pointing out that there are still issue with run outs being given for players clearly not attempting runs or dancing out of their wicket, with it largely being an animation issue.

As for "ignoring your points", I'm pretty sure you missed anything about piracy in the past, simply stating what they said with no context, logic or reason. To be fair for one post I missed one of yours, but at the same time you never tried to discuss the issue that piracy has been repeatedly been shown to be a distribution issue, not a price one, so please avoid getting on your high horse about that one.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Again, the "hundreds of pages" argument. It's not hundreds of pages if you only focus on the posts that matter (i.e. the page I linked above).

He's entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. My opinion is that his evaluation of the patch based on limited first hand experience, is childish. I'm not supressing opinion. I'm just sick of the same people posting shit on here, making complaints about the game, when the specific things they are complaining about have already been discussed at length, addressed by Big Ant multiple times, or even addressed in the 1st Patch. I'm just as entitled to complain about the shitty post quality, as they are to complain about things in the game.

And as for your irrelevant piracy comment, I didn't partake in that discussion because I showed you the post that specifically detailed the reasons for the PC delay. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

Alberts

International Coach
Again, the "hundreds of pages" argument. It's not hundreds of pages if you only focus on the posts that matter (i.e. the page I linked above).

He's entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. My opinion is that his evaluation of the patch based on limited first hand experience, is childish. I'm not supressing opinion. I'm just sick of the same people posting shit on here, making complaints about the game, when the specific things they are complaining about have already been discussed at length, addressed by Big Ant multiple times, or even addressed in the 1st Patch. I'm just as entitled to complain about the shitty post quality, as they are to complain about things in the game.

And as for your irrelevant piracy comment, I didn't partake in that discussion because I showed you the post that specifically detailed the reasons for the PC delay. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

The page you lined above is absolutely spammed by people trying to get answers. Are you seriously suggesting that any new poster, having yet to receive your glorious initiation rights should literally stalk Ross to get the low down on the game? Here is what it is said by Ross on said link:

Ross: Game is region free, works on NTSC
Ross: have you seen my welcome message on the top right of this page?
"Welcome
I really don't get on here in the visitor section - post publicly or PM me and I will certainly read all messages. "
- Please ask questions in a thread.

How 'bout dat second page:

Ross: ...[Nothing, Ross isn't featured]

Okay, okay, but page 3 is a highlight:

Ross: ...[Not here either]

Okay, but he's not there either, but... oh that's right, this is your argument to defend.

On his opinion your opinion though, he stated a clear problem with the game you can't deny, and you attack his character, I fail to see how you can claim the high moral ground here. You're just attacking him for pointing out issues. I'm all for defending the fine work Big Ant have done, but you're just attacking honest supporters of this young serious for no reason, please calm yourself.

As for the piracy debate, I was offering a discussion, you just offered a quote, surely when a question is asked there should be more discussion, but apparently not. Apparently that's enough for you, and that's fine, but I still feel that Big Ant missed a trick by not using a PC release as a beta phase to get patches quickly and efficiently to the hardcore element to get all issues sorted by a console release, but we can differ on that without you resorting to personal attacks, I hope.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think it's best not to make assumptions about what posters "should have read" but if people are going to ask a question they should try to find the answer first. Therefore trying to make important information easily findable is something we probably need to do better.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
The epitome of honest support - "Terrible game. Full of bugs. Who else agrees?"

Sorry, I still assume people would use a skerrick of iniative before posting.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Snowy, have to say you are taking this internet forum thingy way too seriously. So what if folks complain multiple times or report issues already stated earlier? It serves a purpose in the sense Big Ant folks know whch issues to prioritize since bunch of folks are complaining about them.

Alberts

International Coach
I think it's best not to make assumptions about what posters "should have read" but if people are going to ask a question they should try to find the answer first. Therefore trying to make important information easily findable is something we probably need to do better.

Exactly. The issue is we need a post by Big Ant to specify exactly what they've taken on board. Maybe a no strings attached post which details what they are looking into is needed. To say that another way, we need to allow them to post what they've seen on here as a list, without slamming them for not fixing every point in each patch. That all said, it might be hard to do in any reasonable manner.

An admit or moderator on here could probably keep such a list (with no link to Big Ant of course), but many wouldn't view it the same way.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Snowy, have to say you are taking this internet forum thingy way too seriously. So what if folks complain multiple times or report issues already stated earlier? It serves a purpose in the sense Big Ant folks know whch issues to prioritize since bunch of folks are complaining about them.

The only point I addressed was something that had already been bloody fixed.

Alberts

International Coach

Who cares what threads he posted. It is an honest issue, and he mightn't be stalking Ross to such an extent. It's an actual issue, and so far all you offered is "why isn't he following Ross' every post". Just leave it mate, I get that you're easily frustrated, but surely if he's just posting issues you don't have to go at him with teeth showing.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

The point of Lordrolo's original post was to get a reaction. His criticism wasn't at all constructive, and how could it have been because he posted after playing the game for a very short time. He stated that he was selling the game on eBay, yet, he still owns it, so it can't be as bad as he originally made out.
His last post is only intended to get another reaction, so I wouldn't bother with it or him.
Just sell the game.

msplash9

Club Captain

Planet cricket either need make this guy a moderator in this forum or please make him understand that every one cannot read each every posts in the forum, especially because of increased activity after the game release

Its really annoying to see him ridiculing other users for no reason most of the time

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't think that's fair. Snowy is very helpful to masses of members; he is also skilled at challenging opinions that could be construed as ill-informed. ;)
Personally I prefer members not to ridicule or be ridiculed by anyone but if that's the price of the excellent help he gives then I'm okay with paying it occasionally.

Franna1017

School Cricketer
I have to agree with Snowy. You can't give feedback of the game after the patch,if you haven't really played the game with all the new features of the patch... His opinion/feedback is outdated.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
The point of Lordrolo's original post was to get a reaction. His criticism wasn't at all constructive, and how could it have been because he posted after playing the game for a very short time. He stated that he was selling the game on eBay, yet, he still owns it, so it can't be as bad as he originally made out.
His last post is only intended to get another reaction, so I wouldn't bother with it or him.
Just sell the game.

You hit the nail on the head right there Zombie he will not sell it, there is no cricket game out there near Bigant first try, sure it has more problems than we hoped for but Bigant are listening as a good company should. PS I am still loving the game but sometimes i want to cut the DVD in two.:yes

Users who are viewing this thread