PCPL Pre-Season Match Thread

Amigos 499 & 197/3d Grace All-Stars 339 & 141/3 Amigos draw with Grace All-Stars Man of the match: Sarvesh Mudkavi Hypothetical points: Amigos: 15 (Draw: 5, Batting: 5, Bowling: 5) Grace All-Stars (Draw: 5, Batting: 3, Bowling: 3)

My performance in the game was not upto the level but was satisfactory. My performance were based only on first innings of the match. With bat scored 52 out of 90 balls which is pretty good in test. With the ball was able to pick 2 wickets with an economy of 4 and in the second innings had a economy of 3 which is pretty decent performance. Overall Satisfied.

[HASHTAG]#GoAmigo[/HASHTAG]

PHOENIX AMIGOS 267/4 50.0 overs THE DEMONS 272/3 45.4 overs The Demons won by 7 wickets (with 26 balls remaining) Man of the match: Chris Johnson (The Demons)

Sunibir Das did a good job by winning the toss and to choosing to bat. Nothing much to say about the batsman's performances except Ali and Shakti Makwana all others played a good innings but the only problem was the run rate. All the batsman's had a decent strike rate, which was not enough to score a big total but Amigos managed to post 267 in 50 overs.Sarvesh Mudkavi carried is form to ODI as well and gave a good innings and was well supported by the captain. Navin Gandhi coming in the depth did a good job. Demons bowlers were not up to the expectations.

Chasing a decent target of 268 Demon's batsman's played a steady innings in the start, at one stage it looked like Amigos were about brag in Demon's team thread but the situation totally got reversed when Chris Johnson stepped in and blasted the bowlers for 72 from just 29 deliveries. An incredible innings. If Chris continues this form Demon's will be unstoppable.

My performance in the game was satisfactory. Scored a 33 not out with 135+ strike rate, Moving me up the order could have helped the team post a little challenging total but I would say Chris would have scored that to anyways. With the ball picked one wicket but was little costly, with such a attack from Chris what can you expect. Overall Good.

Home team: The Demons
Away team: Grace All Stars
Format: First Class
Star players: 2

[*] :bat: Umair Nazim :c: (FUTURE AUS CAPTAIN TOO :p)
  • :bat: Matthew Hayden
  • :bat: Matt Coldhill
  • :ar: Raghu Ultra^
  • :ar: Chris Johnson^
  • :ar: Müller Schwanstegger^
  • :ar: Luuk van den Broek^
  • :wkb: TS Challagolla
  • :bwl: PR Chiyyodu^
  • :bwl: Muttiah Muralitharan^
  • :bwl: Sathish Kumar^
Players not playing : MS NAMA/MaD/Tambe

Home team: The Demons
Away team: PCPL Free Agents XI
Format: First Class
Star players: 2

[*] :bat: Umair Nazim :c: (FUTURE AUS CAPTAIN TOO :p)
  • :bat: Matthew Hayden
  • :bat: MS Nama
  • :ar: Raghu Ultra^
  • :ar: Chris Johnson^
  • :ar: Müller Schwanstegger^
  • :ar: Luuk van den Broek^
  • :wkb: TS Challagolla
  • :bwl: PR Chiyyodu^
  • :bwl: Muttiah Muralitharan^
  • :bwl: MaD ^
Players not playing : Matt Coldhill/Sathish Kumar/Tambe

@The Author

PCPL FREE AGENTS XI 222 49.0 overs PHOENIX AMIGOS 223/5 32.0 overs Phoenix Amigos won by 5 wickets (with 108 balls remaining) Man of the match: Navin Gandhi (Phoenix Amigos)

First ODI win for us, Let it be a practice match but it is special. Happy that I was one of the key players for this Victory. Even though I was judged as Man of the Match, I really believe that this victory was a pure team effort. Our bowlers did a great job restraining the opponents the opponents to just 222. I was able to pick wickets and contained the opponents and all other bowlers were able to pick wickets and they were also equally economical.

Chasing a easy target Openers failed miserably for us but our captain Sunibir das took up the responsibility and played a wonderful innings and was well supported by Jack Peter and myself. I am happy with my performance with the bat as well has I score runs with a aggressive strike rate. Overall Very Happy with the performance.

PHOENIX AMIGOS 263/4 50.0 overs EUROPEAN XI 207/8 50.0 overs Phoenix Amigos won by 56 runs Man of the match: Ali Bubere (Phoenix Amigos)

Another walk in the park win for us. Top Orders batsman did a great job in maintaining a neutral run rate. Ali was brilliant with the bat and was supported by literally all the batsman's who followed him. Again the only problem is the Run rate. In ODI a good target is something around 300+ and we hope to achieve that in near future. With the ball it was easy to confuse the opponents and make them fall. What is the bets way to confuse a batsman other than a power pack spin attack. ? Mohammad Tauqir and myself just gave 56 runs in 20 overs. Untouchables 666 and Nandu Chelackal were able to easily pick the wickets of confused batsman's and EUROPEAN XI fell 56 runs short of the target. Overall Happy and a good team performance.

This is it. We performed really well. Good batting by Sarvesh. I have a doubt;
Sarvesh who is hardly active scores double tons and players like me,ali,Gilchrist struggle to get runs on the board. Why is that?

I think the reason is the current ratings are based on pre-activness (Before the league started) and I think Sarvesh was pretty active those times so his ratings must be high than the others as of now. --- This was the explanation I gave myself seeing Sarvesh batting. But I too got doubt because of this

Chris Johnson smashed 72 off just 29 deliveries.

This guy is not that active. He was in the last pool in auction, he has just posted 40 post according his account (I assume messages means post in account page) I think an explanation form the staff side will be appreciated, I hope everyone other than Monkeys will be having this doubt so it will be good to get a response from the staff (Staff alone) to clear the tension in the air. :cheers

Lineup for the first class game we have against Slipperpool

Blitzberg Steel
Nick Agger
Aditya Jha :bwl:
Abhishek Vasudevan :bwl:
Waqas Latif :bwl:
Varun Rustagi :wk:
Svenke Ulberg :bwl:
Ern Shylock :bwl:
Kai Winch :bwl:
Rick Adams :bwl:
Alexander McKenzie :bwl: :c:

Not Playing: All three star players, because we aren't allowed!

@The Author

This guy is not that active. He was in the last pool in auction, he has just posted 40 post according his account (I assume messages means post in account page) I think an explanation form the staff side will be appreciated, I hope everyone other than Monkeys will be having this doubt so it will be good to get a response from the staff (Staff alone) to clear the tension in the air. :cheers

...perhaps they just got very lucky? Any cricket fan should know that you you can't use single games to judge a players quality entirely - think of all the times that frankly average players have looked incredible in occasional games.

and i personally hope that the activity bonus judges more than post quantity

e: wait, why did I open the bowling against the European XI? Perhaps one day cricket has dramatically changed since the world cup but getting a leg spinner to open the bowling just seems odd

Last edited:
^ @The Author Our line up for this match against the Nine Dragons is on the first page of this thread, post #8 just in case you missed it :)

European XI vs Amigos

:bat:Sarvesh Mudkavi
:bat:Ali Bubere
:bat:Sunibir Das

:wkb:Jack Peter:c:
:ar:Navin Gandhi
:ar:Murray Goodwin
:bat:Shakti Makwana
:bwl:Mohammad Tauqeer
:bwl:Vaibhav Tewatia
:bwl:Untouchables 666
:bwl:Nandu Chelakal
@The Author team lineup has already been posted.

Lineup for Amigos against Grace All Stars XI @VC the slogger

Sunibir Das :c:
Simranjit Singh
Ali Bubere
Murray Goodwin
Zack Mastodon :bwl:
Jack Peter :wk:
Navin Gandhi :bwl:
Mohammad Tauqeer :bwl:
Untouchables 666 :bwl:
Vaibhav Tewatia :bwl:
Nandu Chelackal :bwl:

Amazing game! We needed the top order to perform and that's exactly what happened. Bowlers did great as well; Abhishek, McKenzie and Shylock in particular.

Well Played demons... Chris surprised every one with bat, even cricsim had no answer to that... he also good in bowl...

Amigos vs Hugging MuffinsT20
Ali Bubere :bwl:
Jack Peter :wk:
Sunibir Das
Zack Mastodon
Navin Gandhi :bwl:
Murray Goodwin
Shakti Makwana
Mohammed Tauqir :bwl:
Untouchables 666 :bwl:
Vaibhav Tewatia :bwl:
Nqndu Chelackal:bwl: