India's tour of Australia - January 2016

How many of you liked the Watson's face when Jadeja took his wicket ? :p Priceless.

Australia just giving a chance to India so that they can hold a trophy. They don't want them to go back to india crying.

Another good win for India! I am sorta surprised to see our run in T20's. I thought we wouldn't do well enough, but now we look like serious prime contenders for the World T20 trophy that will take place in a few months. As someone else said here, if our spinners can do this well in Australian pitches, back home in India pitches should be even more conducive to them. India to me are favorites right now for the World T20. The squad is more or less picked except for maybe a spot here and there.

Yuvi not getting a chance is not a big concern. As he showed with his wicket today, his spin can be mighty useful in Indian conditions for the World T20. And on his day (disclaimer: 'on his day'), he can tear apart any bowling attack to shreds. To me, I wouldn't worry for Yuvraj's place in the World T20 squad. He should be a certainty. I am more concerned about Rahane's spot in T20. I would rather have Manish Pandey in the T20 squad replacing Rahane. I know it's tough on Rahane, but Manish with his recent hundred should be on a confidence high and he is more suited to T20 than Rahane, with his flashier strokeplay. And with the tournament in India, I dont see the need for Rahane's dour defence abilities as the ball is not going to swing/seam in India.

To me, I wouldn't worry for Yuvraj's place in the World T20 squad. He should be a certainty. I am more concerned about Rahane's spot in T20. I would rather have Manish Pandey in the T20 squad replacing Rahane. I know it's tough on Rahane, but Manish with his recent hundred should be on a confidence high and he is more suited to T20 than Rahane, with his flashier strokeplay. And with the tournament in India, I dont see the need for Rahane's dour defence abilities as the ball is not going to swing/seam in India.

Yuvraj is not certain for World T20 squad. He needs to bat well to be certain of a place in the side. He hasn't got a chance yet but whenever he does, he needs to do well in order to stay in the team. To me, he also had a bit of luck because I thought he would get easily found out on these Australian pitches but he hasn't got a chance to bat. Now all the matches will be played in Sub-continent so he definitely has advantage but he still needs to score runs for a guaranteed spot.

LOL @ dropping Rahane. For me, Rahane has to open with Rohit. Shikhar had a good game today but he hasn't done anything in T20 format at international level and not even in IPL. Rahane has been a proven performer at IPL level and has done well as an opener. I would rather have him over Shikhar Dhawan.

Yuvraj is not certain for World T20 squad. He needs to bat well to be certain of a place in the side. He hasn't got a chance yet but whenever he does, he needs to do well in order to stay in the team. To me, he also had a bit of luck because I thought he would get easily found out on these Australian pitches but he hasn't got a chance to bat. Now all the matches will be played in Sub-continent so he definitely has advantage but he still needs to score runs for a guaranteed spot.

LOL @ dropping Rahane. For me, Rahane has to open with Rohit. Shikhar had a good game today but he hasn't done anything in T20 format at international level and not even in IPL. Rahane has been a proven performer at IPL level and has done well as an opener. I would rather have him over Shikhar Dhawan.

I would have had Rahane in the side if it was a tournament held overseas. But to me, Rahane is another Dravid. On subcontinental pitches, players who are less technically solid than him bring more value because they are flashier than him and can get the tempo going. To be honest, Shikhar has not done badly in the past few games. A hundred, a 50 and a pretty good knock (by T20 standards) today makes him prime contender to stay in the team. And on Indian pitches with his left hand variety, he is an easy pick over Rahane. Dhoni has been recently talking about this "different players for different formats". Nothing wrong in Rahane focusing on tests and playing the occaional ODI's and T20's for India when we tour overseas.

One guy who has totally vanished out of limited overs equation would be Vijay, he is someone who can fire rapidly as well as totter around if required!

just came across this
Virat Kholi Pakistani fan, Umar Draz arrested for hosting the Indian tricolour
Umar Draz faces 10 years in prison: But from where did Kohli's Pakistani fan get an Indian Flag? - Firstpost

what can i say..... i understand the neighbors getting angry and stuff even jailing him, but 10 years for this :facepalm

I understand its all a sport, but there are some realities that must be understood here, and one of them is that you can't fly an Indian flag on your rooftop in Pakistan, and vice versa. I don't think something like this would be looked upon too kindly in India if something like this were to happen.

However as you said, 10 years is too much. They have made their point, now let the guy go.

I don't think something like this would be looked upon too kindly in India if something like this were to happen.
It happens here too but No body gets jailed for 10 years. Pathetic .

I remember one incident when some Kashmiri guys studying in Sharda University cheered when Pakistan won against Ind. They got beaten :p but 10 years is too much.

I remember one incident when some Kashmiri guys studying in Sharda University cheered when Pakistan won against Ind. They got beaten :p but 10 years is too much.

Cheering is a different thing, in my locality some people do support Pak but we don't see a :pak: flag on their roof tops.

Cheering is okay, even hoisting flags would be okay as long as its not Pakistani flags. I was in Kolkata for a visit during 2010 FIFA WC, and there were gigantic Argentina and Brazil flags in colonies, and no one thought anything about it.

Its just the nature of relations between Ind-Pak that you can't hoist an Ind flag in your house in Pak and vice versa. It almost starts to border on treason if someone does so.

However the larger point is that I am not surprised that Pak didnt take too kindly to it, and naturally if it had happened in India it would have not been looked upon too kindly either. But to actually go through with trial and that too where the max sentence is 10 yrs, is a bit too much. Yes they have made their point, and forget about the whole and let the guy go.

Last edited:
A Canadian and an Irish Cricketer (both Uncapped) hve entered themselves in the IPL auction. Would like them to get picked ... unlikely though. Remember Ten Doeschate playing and it was good to see an Associate nation's cricketer play.

Users who are viewing this thread