India's tour of Australia - January 2016

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I would have had Rahane in the side if it was a tournament held overseas. But to me, Rahane is another Dravid. On subcontinental pitches, players who are less technically solid than him bring more value because they are flashier than him and can get the tempo going. To be honest, Shikhar has not done badly in the past few games. A hundred, a 50 and a pretty good knock (by T20 standards) today makes him prime contender to stay in the team. And on Indian pitches with his left hand variety, he is an easy pick over Rahane. Dhoni has been recently talking about this "different players for different formats". Nothing wrong in Rahane focusing on tests and playing the occaional ODI's and T20's for India when we tour overseas.

If you seriously think Rahane is anther Dravid then you clearly haven't seen Rahane play much. He has the ability to score runs quickly. However, he needs to bat at a position which is best suited for him in limited overs format which is opening. He has the ability to anchor the inning and can also go after the bowling. Again, he won't go after the bowling like Dhawan does but he will provide better start more consistently than Dhawan. Dhawan can win matches on his day but I haven't seen him do that in any T20 matches. Not even at IPL or International T20.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What say guys, why so silent? What would be our probable XI? Will Dhoni play Bhajji ?

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Dhoni is the most selfish captain ever seen.
India won the trophy.
He should give chance to the rest guy.
But he want more winning percentage record before retiring. He plays for himself, Not for team India. Yuvi didn't got a chance to bat too.
He promote himself to 4/5 hit 1 2 boundaries.
And his strike rate goes up. That's it. His stats done. Who cares about the rest.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni is the most selfish captain ever seen.
India won the trophy.
He should give chance to the rest guy.
But he want more winning percentage record before retiring. He plays for himself, Not for team India. Yuvi didn't got a chance to bat too.
He promote himself to 4/5 hit 1 2 boundaries.
And his strike rate goes up. That's it. His stats done. Who cares about the rest.
So Smith played till 5th match in ODIs , He isnt selfish. He was playing for team.

From your logic every captain should just leave the team if they won the series.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Well, there's no point in experimenting as long as team obtain results. Experiments are made when you can't win. Even I'm dying to see Yuvi and Pandya bat, but I think it's gonna be a bit longer since our top order has been capable of scoring big. In the end team wins, that's all matters.

Well swung, Nehra !!

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
So Smith played till 5th match in ODIs , He isnt selfish. He was playing for team.

From your logic every captain should just leave the team if they won the series.
All players get chance to play under his captaincy.
Well who cares.. Future of Indian cricket in wrong hand.
and typical Indian supporter who support dhoni when he won a match.
And abuse him when loss a series.

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
All players get chance to bat under his captaincy.
Future of Indian Cricket? . Its very safe in the hands of Virat Kohli.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
All players get chance to bat under his captaincy.

Wake Up ! This is international cricket not a street cricket where everyone should bat for atleast 1 over.
So I won't hope that Everyone gets out on 0 to see Yuvi bat.

Check Yourself before making any remarks on typical Indian supporter.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Wake Up ! This is international cricket not a street cricket where everyone should bat for atleast 1 over.
So I won't hope that Everyone gets out on 0 to see Yuvi bat.
:facepalm my bad. Actually i said everyone get chance to play for Australia. No one warmed the bench.
And in T20 they are giving more chance to youngsters.
Australia treating india like India did against Zimbabwe.
Experimenting new players just like warmup before World T20.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni is selfish ? Let me just say something before I write this. I don't hate or like Dhoni. I am neutral.
But to say Dhoni is selfish, is absurd. If he wanted his stats to go up, he wouldn't have come in the end overs and tried to hit for boundaries when clearly there are more chances of getting out and his average going down. He doesn't care about his stats. Just because he promoted himself above yuvi, doesn't mean he plays for himself and not for India. He had played in Australian soil before and it's easy for him to score than yuvi or raina.
The way you say again and again that Dhoni cares for his stats is foolishness. He is a finisher. He comes in the end and swings his bat to get quick runs and doesn't care whether he gets out or no. He is clearly damaging his average which is more important than the strike rate you have been talking about. He is a team player.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Dhoni averages 51.25 in ODIs and 33.29 in T20Is. Also he's the only skipper to win all three major competitions in limited overs cricket, as well as he had led the test side to no.1. What do you think could be a more better career in statistics manner?[DOUBLEPOST=1454231193][/DOUBLEPOST]Meanwhile kandum adds are back!! :p

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Ssshhh No more discussions against me.
All dhoni supporters good luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1454231361][/DOUBLEPOST]I dont want to get banned for him

Users who are viewing this thread