Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

paulW

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i really hope the next edition of the game has big changes in the weather and pitch areas. On grassy wickets you shouldn't be able to score 150/0 in the first session of a test match. You should have to really work hard for your runs. I feel the weather has no impact on the game or pitch and I think if the weather is overcast and humid the ball should really swing and it should seam around heaps on a grassy wicket making the toss all more important. How many times do you see a test match in the UK where teams are really confused on weather to bat or ball first it's great and it makes for an interesting test match. I really hope they get this right in the next edition and I hope they bring back the edges Aswell and it will be a great game not just a good game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Vanuata have been put into bat by PNG so I ll have to tell you later once I bowl![DOUBLEPOST=1461758602][/DOUBLEPOST]
Vanuata have been put into bat by PNG so I ll have to tell you later once I bowl!

2 great matches we have for this trial: Vanuatu v PNG and England Worst vs Dame Edna's XI (first tour match of my attempt to win a 4-ball overs ashes contest v 1993 Aus)

ja3skYJ.jpg

A sample edge catch from flying keeper:
2Vq9v9L.jpg

I was grateful Blakey went for it cuz it looks like Wardy was crapping himself at first slip!

D

Dutch

Just put a screamer down at second slip: batsman goes for an expansive drive off a ball that shaped away, outside edge that flew to second slip and I just couldn't react quickly enough....watched it about 10 times on the replay....booooootiful....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave you are using the red ball in a two innings game right? I'm doing 40 over games with the white ball......

yes, red ball. although i have white ball games coming up later in the tour.[DOUBLEPOST=1461762703][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just put a screamer down at second slip: batsman goes for an expansive drive off a ball that shaped away, outside edge that flew to second slip and I just couldn't react quickly enough....watched it about 10 times on the replay....booooootiful....

as the actress said to the bishop - "show us your length"...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave something I noticed from your pitch maps is that you had practically any hitting around the 3.5M mark. It's a difficult length to hit, but I found it to be the optimum length on hard wickets.

Tbh I've found the opposite, and back of a length gets the edges.

I'm playing on Veteran, and most of my play in the last 2 or 3 weeks has not been with reduced skills.

I'm finding bowling a good length most of the time with a few fuller and regular back of a length "effort" cutters and seamers has been very successful in getting all types of wickets plus edges that get wickets and drop short or fly for runs. It seems to be the back of a length effort ones that get most edges.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Tbh I've found the opposite, and back of a length gets the edges.

I'm playing on Veteran, and most of my play in the last 2 or 3 weeks has not been with reduced skills.

I'm finding bowling a good length most of the time with a few fuller and regular back of a length "effort" cutters and seamers has been very successful in getting all types of wickets plus edges that get wickets and drop short or fly for runs. It seems to be the back of a length effort ones that get most edges.

When you say back of the length what is that on the ticker? Short?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Just another question guys. Are there any extensive tutorials for modding in this game? I don't understand the process so to speak...I want to make kits but I'm not sure what route to take. Do you still edit the kits with your own design through PS or do we just add the team logos and then choose colors and designs through the academy? I'm asking as I got a .dds plug-in for my PS and all the kits I opened are just weird bright designs that aren't even on the kit or don't show on the kit (for example I opened up someones Sri Lanka kit and it was bright red with patterns on it which isn't what the upload was).

Also all the kits have the same file names, does each team not have unique file name for their kit like the EA games or am I missing something?

jomo

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
how to apply mods on xbox360???

Users who are viewing this thread