Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Think it'd be good if player names got mentioned a bit more in commentary - they barely get said at all. Probably not possible to fix now though. Also be good to know who fielders are when they're involved in the action - mention of name in commentary or just their name shown on screen somewhere - don't think there's currently option for that ?

Think it'd be good if player names got mentioned a bit more in commentary - they barely get said at all. Probably not possible to fix now though. Also be good to know who fielders are when they're involved in the action - mention of name in commentary or just their name shown on screen somewhere - don't think there's currently option for that ?

Are they not there? What have I been doing; this would in effect be useful, good point. It was there in DBC14???

No Runrate and Require Runrate is there on screen , Need DBC 14 game good feature in DBC 17 ,

So Good Camera Angle and Runrate on screen

Yeah some good tv overlays of graphs. Worm. Manhattan etc. And of course req run rate, other teams total (target) and balls remaining should be on the screen 100% of the time as part of the default hud.

The career mode desperately needs a proper statistics module similar to the last game. Here the player should be able to see their full career statistics for first class cricket, list A, t20, odi, tests etc etc. Career mode feels empty without this.

The physical attributes of the player (eg strength, speed etc) seem to remain unchanged throughout the career. I have been playing for 3 seasons now and my players strength is only 24 despite being heavy in build. This would probably have an impact on game play.

Overall still a decent game, so thank you, but these omissions and all the bugs in general leave you wanting a lot more (especially given the expectations).

I know it would be hard to do but I think it would be excellent if you had a guest occasionally pop into the commentary box like warne, Botham, tuffers, boycott or Blowers, just for a few overs so not extensive commentary. I know it would add to expense etc but wouldn't be as monotonous as the dull that is on dbc17, commentary seems a step back from Dbc14.

I was playing the 16 team KO competition and noticed once you choose the teams you cant select who plays who as the matches are randomized. i don't mind if they are randomized but allow us the option to choose what we want? Something i did in DBC14 was play the same tournament first round with Associates Vs Non Associates but in DBC17 you cant do that unless i have missed something. i hope they could bring those features into DBC17 which was present in DBC14. Please can you make it clear who is the Home and Away teams? it shows the controller but no team name in the above competition mentioned.

Non gameplay issue is in DBC14 when the ball hit the Scoreboard and boards you could hear the sound of the ball hitting them lol but in DBC17 its gone.

The career mode desperately needs a proper statistics module similar to the last game. Here the player should be able to see their full career statistics for first class cricket, list A, t20, odi, tests etc etc. Career mode feels empty without this.

The physical attributes of the player (eg strength, speed etc) seem to remain unchanged throughout the career. I have been playing for 3 seasons now and my players strength is only 24 despite being heavy in build. This would probably have an impact on game play.

Overall still a decent game, so thank you, but these omissions and all the bugs in general leave you wanting a lot more (especially given the expectations).

I read somewhere that there's a bug where your player doesn't get the skills/attributes added and you have to simulate one game (per season) for the accrued skills/attributes to be added to your player's skills/attributes.

I read somewhere that there's a bug where your player doesn't get the skills/attributes added and you have to simulate one game (per season) for the accrued skills/attributes to be added to your player's skills/attributes.

Correct. It's a workaround at the moment that BigAnt suggested. It is something that will therefore in all probability be fixed for the next patch.

@BigAntStudios
I noticed the camera in net training is different than in the actual game. You can see in the screenshot below the angle, zoom, height is perfect in this camera (batting far). If possible and if time permits please include this in the next patch
2017-01-08 09_37_07-Online 10 overs - last ball finish - part 2 - YouTube.png
2017-01-08 09_35_46-SHAREfactory™_201701071445_ - YouTube.png
2017-01-08 09_35_46-SHAREfactory™_201701071445_ - YouTube.png

@BigAntStudios
I noticed the camera in net training is different than in the actual game. You can see in the screenshot below the angle, zoom, height is perfect in this camera (batting far). If possible and if time permits please include this in the next patch View attachment 179554 View attachment 179555 View attachment 179555

100% and it acts much differently in motion as well, its just personnel preference for me but I feel the nets camera is much better. I do realise that this is mostly due to the machine not moving compared to the bowler running up.

Another small thing, not important.

When you take a run for an easy single and then don't press any buttons the runners should jog past the crease, just as they did in 14.

Looks a little silly when they just put the bat in the crease and are prepared for another run when it would never be on. I see the animation already in there when you cancel a run so I'm not too worried that this will be missed, not the end of the world if it does.

Cheers.

@BigAntStudios
I noticed the camera in net training is different than in the actual game. You can see in the screenshot below the angle, zoom, height is perfect in this camera (batting far). If possible and if time permits please include this in the next patch View attachment 179554 View attachment 179555 View attachment 179555

Yes. I think both the far and close batting cameras in the nets are better than the ones on the field. For me, they make batting more intuitive and immersive.

Last edited:
How they Missed , Run Rate , Required Run Rate in The Match While Playing , Every Time you have to check Manhattan Graph , It Need to Include

Users who are viewing this thread