Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa (Nov 16 - Feb 17)

What an absolute joke of a squad. Besides JJ

I disagree. I think it could be stronger but each player has a reason to be there.

Farhaan Behardien - Did well in the T20 Challenge but shouldn't be captain
Theunis de Bruyn- Very talented
Reeza Hendricks- Quota but he hasn't done badly in previous T20s
Imran Tahir- Best limitied overs bowler in the world, fight me.
Heino Kuhn- Run machine
David Miller- If he bats high up the order he'll be good.
Mangaliso Mosehle- Waste of time but quota.
Lungi Ngidi- Talented, deserves a chance
Wayne Parnell- I mean, you know, he bats now
Dane Paterson- I really like him, on his day he'll tear apart any top order.
Aaron Phangiso- He's black.
Andile Phehlukwayo- He's young and black
Jon-Jon Smuts- Did well in the T20 Challenge.

It's obvious that T20s are now going to be used to fill the quota requirement, if they drop Bavuma they have to find a way to get the black requirement in. De Lange and Viljoen should probably be there and if you want a leader you could argue Albie Morkel as well but it's not terrible.

I hope they get absolutely masaccred. I can't support a team that fields quotas. Does my head in. But I hope the players that deserve a place do really well. I cannot stand Phelukwayo. I've played against him and he's just not my cup of tea.

Yea there's nothing worse then watching someone be picked because of his colour. I think Phelukwayo is ridiculously overrated. Watched him last year and thought that he shouldn't be in the Dolphins side and now he's here playing for SA. I would have liked to see something like this vs Sri Lanka:

Kuhn
JJ Smuts
De Bruyn
Miller
van den Bergh
Behardien
Pretorious
Bjorn Fortuin/Tahir/Shamsi
De Lange
Viljoen
Paterson

Duminy retains his place for the next two series. I guess Bavuma will be dropped for AB.

Amla averages 269 whenever Parnell is in the team.

Sri Lanka BOOM !!!!

Last edited:
Anyone see the match? :p

I just can't beleve it.

Great win by the SL youngsters.

SA announced ODI squad. ABD is back ! Sri Lanka yet to announce.

Just curious, are there any players in the South African domestic scene with 'world-class' potential? The current team is ridiculously poor, would get battered by most under 19 sides. The South African management makes even their Australian counterpart look half-competent.

And less said about Sri Lanka, the better. They're going to be a nothing side like West Indies, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh for the foreseeable future unless they can miraculously find another Sangakkara or Muralidharan.

Upul Thranga is playing an innings of a lifetime. 109 so far with 7 sixes and 9 fours.
Never seen him play so aggressively always known as defensive player and played second fiddle with Jayasuriya (2005-2008) and later with Dilshan (2009-11)
Sri Lanka have a very good chance of upsetting South Africa today.

Users who are viewing this thread