Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Attachments

• 20170117193848_1.jpg
    20170117193848_1.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 217
Sounds like your monitor does not support 1080p resolution properly. If it's an option, try 1440x900 which exactly half your monitors resolution so should work better.

It's a MacBook Pro. Running Windows on Bootcamp. I'll anyway have to get a monitor for editing work but I'll try what you said. Thanks.

Is the "Get Best" option meant to download the logos as well as the everything else? When I try everything updates such as the kits/players etc but the team logo's/emblems stay the same. I can manually go in after and search and find the correct logo to assign, but I have to do this on an individual team basis.

Is this how it is supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

Does anyone know if stat tracking is now in game?
It's greatly improved.

Competition stats look like they're only single season, but they're much expanded to include run rate, 100's, best bowling, etc.

Player career stats are similar except they span the whole career for each of the formats.

Not perfect, but a major upgrade from the PS4 version. BA have done a great job so far.

That used to do my head in no end, it was clearly hard coded to do so on most occasions, incredibly annoying.

I too would be interested to know if this is fixed.
I think it's still there, but seems to be less obvious from my first few games.

From the few club T20 games I played I noticed that the 4th to 6th ball of each over there would usually be an unusual boundary. It's actually much better - there seems to be less predictability. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if my small sample size is reflective.

Has anyone been able to get their player attributes to go up? I've simmed games twice and they're still much lower than my overall
I've noticed that as well. I tried simulating a game, exiting the game and using my controller upside down but nothing seemed to increase the attributes. It's one of only two bugs I've found so far - the other being the preset field settings don't work properly.

It's greatly improved.

Competition stats look like they're only single season, but they're much expanded to include run rate, 100's, best bowling, etc.

Player career stats are similar except they span the whole career for each of the formats.

Not perfect, but a major upgrade from the PS4 version. BA have done a great job so far.
So if you complete a casual match with your created team, and you finish the match and go to the Academy to look at a few of your team members stats, are they updated?

Has the following issues been fixed in steam/pc version?

Batting
1. Drive from point to cover region
2. Glance/flick to fine leg
3. Cut to fine third man
4. Cut against spinners (as wicketkeeper always catches the ball)
5. Straight drive against spinners (as they always field the ball)
6. Backfoot drives
7. Batsman dragging the bat before the crease while running between wickets
8. Current and required run rate?
9. Batsman timing meter feedback?
10. Pull shot to full deliveries intead of glance

Bowling
1. Can spinners ball wider as currently they tend to ball too straight no matter how hard u try
2. Can we set field for all batsman just like in dbc 14
3. Easier way to navigate pre set fields just like in dbc 14.. right now its too cumbersome

AI fielding
1. Right now its too easy to take singles of every ball. The fielders are too slow. Has it been fixed?
2. Does the wicketkeeper quickly dislodges the bails?
3. The AI many a times drops very simple catches even at veteran and legend difficulty. Has it been fixed?
4. The AI field placement? Currently they are too attacking i feel
5. Diving?

Career mode
1. Do we have detailed career player stats separate screen just like in dbc 14?
2. Duplicate players issue?
3. Dynamic line up just picks the best rated players. Has this been fixed?
4. International selection problem? Eg. England
5. Simulate match to increase stats issue?
6. Not out doesnt count

General
1. Can we play in custom created grounds without lag/stutter?
2. Change line up issue in casual match
3. Camera angles
4. Commentary in general

I know its a long list but would be great if we could know what all is fixed.

@grkrama @wealey88 @Dutch

Last edited:
Has the following issues been fixed in steam/pc version?

Batting
1. Drive from point to cover region (YES)
2. Glance/flick to fine leg (YES)
3. Cut to fine third man
4. Cut against spinners (as wicketkeeper always catches the ball)
5. Straight drive against spinners (as they always field the ball)
6. Backfoot drives
7. Batsman dragging the bat before the crease while running between wickets
8. Current and required run rate? (YES)
9. Batsman timing meter feedback?
10. Pull shot to full deliveries intead of glance

Bowling
1. Can spinners ball wider as currently they tend to ball too straight no matter how hard u try (I never had this problem to begin with) (YES)
2. Can we set field for all batsman just like in dbc 14 (YES)
3. Easier way to navigate pre set fields just like in dbc 14.. right now its too cumbersome (Quicker to field menu press select on controller)

AI fielding
1. Right now its too easy to take singles of every ball. The fielders are too slow. Has it been fixed? (Fixed a little)
2. Does the wicketkeeper quickly dislodges the bails? (quicker yes but batsmen reaction to getting back seemingly better then on console atm)
3. The AI many a times drops very simple catches even at veteran and legend difficulty. Has it been fixed?
4. The AI field placement? Currently they are too attacking i feel (They do some weird stuff in a test 1st ball agressive to new bat then all i do is Defend 1 ball and they go out defensive)
5. Diving? (catching yes, Not near the rope like in dbc14)

Career mode
1. Do we have detailed career player stats separate screen just like in dbc 14?
2. Duplicate players issue?
3. Dynamic line up just picks the best rated players. Has this been fixed?
4. International selection problem? Eg. England
5. Simulate match to increase stats issue?
6. Not out doesnt count

General
1. Can we play in custom created grounds without lag/stutter? (YES)
2. Change line up issue in casual match
3. Camera angles
4. Commentary in general

I know its a long list but would be great if we could know what all is fixed.

Done what i feel after playing ^ I left blank what i'm not sure about.

how do you reset the academy (pc version) ?

My Documents -> My Games ~> Don Bradman Cricket 17

If you delete the right files, it should reset. Something like Academy and Decals from memory, though there are some others which have your list of stadiums and so on. Interestingly, I just decided to delete the whole folder to start from scratch and the game still remembered a few obscure settings like my training ground player from the demo, haha! I just started over for the full game though - seemed easier to make sure everything was right from the get go.

I am confused about difficulty settings. After match selection I get two options for bowling and batting settings at the level easy, medium and hard and then before the match I get another difficult settings standard DBC ones, amateur, pro, veteran and legend. What's the difference ?

I am confused about difficulty settings. After match selection I get two options for bowling and batting settings at the level easy, medium and hard and then before the match I get another difficult settings standard DBC ones, amateur, pro, veteran and legend. What's the difference ?

I had a similar question, i.e. does the batting/bowling difficulty (Easy/Medium/Hard etc.) vary based on the AI difficulty level (Pro/Veteran/Legend). In other words if I select 'Medium' as the batting difficulty and 'Pro' as the AI difficulty, will my batting experience (i.e., timing) be different if the AI difficulty level is 'Legend' but batting difficulty remains 'Medium'?

Also the stadiums are messed up, doesn't show of correct countries

Users who are viewing this thread