Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Perfectly satisfied with the game , have faced only one crash yet in over 2 hours of gameplay , cum stats missing is a bummer though.[DOUBLEPOST=1484718488][/DOUBLEPOST]Have they removed the ugly looking half cut drive or whatever it was ? I am getting low profile proper cut instead which is very cool alternative.

Excellent job by the BigAnt. I am having so much fun playing this game (Steam version). Its harder than DBC'14 for sure. I have some questions and/or suggestions.

1) How can I get the real logos? I used "Get Best" but I got generic logos.

2) Commentator bugs are quite frequent. If ball gets caught (jump catch), sometimes the commentator says something like "A glorious shot just before the catch".. There is a similar issue sometimes when you attempt a shot on a wide ball.

3) This is a very minor issue. The scorecard and other in-game layout seems very bland, plain and generic. They could be made a bit more fancy like they are in channels like SkySports and etc.

4) A lot of people probably already reported this bug. Sometimes after a wicket, the screen becomes blurry.

5) Another thing I noticed when bowling with a fast bowler (I think Mohammed Amir), when I bowled a fast delivery the speed of the ball was around 165 kmph. It should not be greater than 161.3 km/h (fastest bowling record).

6) The batsman timing feedback isn't helpful at all. It can only detect early/late timing when its completely obvious so I removed this. Perhaps something like Ashes Cricket2009/Cricket 2007 could be implemented.

7) There could be different settings for crowd. Limited over games in subcontinent countries could be louder.

Ok I got the PC version (Steam) of DBC17 last night - I already owned the ps4 version (PS4 Pro + 4k screen) and decided to post a few differences I picked up as well as setting a few things straight that I've seen on this thread.

1) Logos on PC version looks just as blurry as on Ps4 Pro version - no change
2) Ps4 Pro versions plays @ 1080p (4k screen) - PC versions max resolution is 1440p (4k screen) :(
3) PC version has updated shots for batting.
4) PC version has updated fielding AI.
5) PC version has tweaks to spin bowlers fielding , no more super fielding from spin bowlers as on ps4 version.
6) PC version has tweaks with regards to shot power , normal shots feel more powerful than ps4 version.
7) PC version way more stable with less crashes.
8) PC version has "ULTRA" setting for crowds , can only set it to ultra in the config.ini - in-game setting has "high" as max.
9) PC version has batting running tweaks , batsmen seems to run faster between wickets even-though "speed" stat is set to same value as on ps4.

@Saeglopur you can turn off the scrolling ads by editing the stadium - each stand will have a list of 16 logos, and you choose which one the rotation starts and ends on - so just choose the same one for both.

@Saeglopur you can turn off the scrolling ads by editing the stadium - each stand will have a list of 16 logos, and you choose which one the rotation starts and ends on - so just choose the same one for both.

Thanks, but I don't think I can be bothered to go through editing every stand of every stadium for every team, haha! It's not that much of an issue, but it's a bit like someone moving by the sightscreen for me. I've only played in the practice mode so far though so I don't know what it's like in a match. I'd just prefer if it didn't scroll when I'm trying to play my shot, haha! I can live with it though.

Well, I caved and bought the game. I figure, I only need to eat maximum three or four times for the rest of this month! No biggie.

Thank you to that. Did you intentionally not play fine of square either side? I mean you never played any late cut to third man or fine leg glance.

Every time I've tried to cut it late I've got caught so I've stopped playing the shot

Edit - also the gaps in the field were in front of the batsman so I played mainly drives rather than hitting it straight to the fielder

Last edited:
I hope it's doesn't cost a bomb like console variants & also hope there is the option of broadcast camera viewing.
Yeah, surely the game will have bugs,(which game doesn't) but Bigantstudios shall patch it up time to time. Looking forward to buying it on steam.
Big Ant indeed have now given the option of all camera viewing in the career mode in the PC version which is wonderful. Makes the whole outlook of the game more superb......

Could one of the PC players let us know whether the duplicate players issue has been remedied in the PC version? I'm looking forward to this being fixed?

Bug description (detail): I got the achievement "blocker" and the next ball i lost my wicket. Then the steam achievement window kept appearing after every delivery.

Ya blocker's a pestering achievement :p, the key is you need to get 25 defense shot block in a match and then it vanishes. I took a match do just that and have been blocker pop up free.

I tried a few stadiums in the training ground practice last night and was still getting the famous Chicken adboard among the created ones, haha! Personally, I don't really care about things like that much though. If anything I find the changing logos distracting. Not sure if there's a way to turn the scrolling off though. I'll try and have a look.
Damn it! Was hoping they had fixed it. I don't like them changing either, all the stadiums I've made have the adboard fixed to one sponsor so they don't change. That's why this issue is frustrating. I have set up my adboards strategically such as in Aussie commonwealth bank is above the sightscreen where it is more visible (than ones square if the pitch) as it's a major sponsor or in Eden Park where asb shows up on both the big stands as it does in real life. Just frustrating that a great tool they've added to dbc 17 does not function properly and we still get the generic sponsors showing up among the real ones[DOUBLEPOST=1484732511][/DOUBLEPOST]
And then the adboard you select for it to stay on in the stadium creator is a completely different sponsor that the one that shows up in game :(

Is anyone else having problems editing line-ups in the downloaded teams? For example, I tried changing the England Test batting order, just to experiment, from @SnowyCasanova 's upload, but I'd choose where I wanted to move someone to, press confirm, and nothing would happen. I tried a few times and eventually gave up. Then I went on to @Llewelynf 's India team and tried to change Kohli to ODI captain (as he now is) - I press the appropriate button to do so, but there's no response whatsoever. Is this something that needs to go in the bug thread or is it something to do with the uploads themselves? Sorry if it's been mentioned...

@Giraffe - It works today! Maybe it was just a problem about trying to do it when the teams had only just been downloaded, and it needed a reboot to be able to edit them or something. All done now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread