Cannot connect to lan

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
As you can guess, i am on anther computer at the moment.

The problem is I have just formatted my hard drive and backed up all I thought I needed to. However, now i try to connect to my router (through a wire) I cannot, and the local area connection icon does not even appear in the network connections folder. The device is under other devices in the device manager I think, and is said to be a network controller. There is a problem with it it says. It says that there is no driver. The trouble is that I cannot get the driver through the Windows wizard as the internet is down, and I cannot find the drivers on the 3com website.

I would appreciate some help, thanks ;)

if your pc came with a motherboard cd use that it should fix it.

As you can guess, i am on anther computer at the moment.

The problem is I have just formatted my hard drive and backed up all I thought I needed to. However, now i try to connect to my router (through a wire) I cannot, and the local area connection icon does not even appear in the network connections folder. The device is under other devices in the device manager I think, and is said to be a network controller. There is a problem with it it says. It says that there is no driver. The trouble is that I cannot get the driver through the Windows wizard as the internet is down, and I cannot find the drivers on the 3com website.

I would appreciate some help, thanks ;)

Google and download Everest Home edition, install it on your machine. Check the exact make and model of the Network card by running Everest. Post it here.

I have downloaded Everest and then tried to look for the network card but I cannot find it, but there is a network adapter under unknown devices, here is a screenshot with the info about it:

You are looking at the wrong place. Click on PCI/PNP network too if you can't see it under Windows network.
untitledjd1.png

Thanks for all you help so far sid. Here is the screenshot you requested:

Don't worry about it Sid actually, it took me a while, but I got it working. I just had to download the PRO2KXP with the driver and it worked...thanks you very much for your help...reps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread