AI in Video Games

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So my friends are saying that AI doesn't exist in video games. I used the example of DBC and how the batsmen react to where the ball is bowled and the circumstances (well they're supposed to). They are saying that it's programmed and that if it had AI it could play AB shots by going on the internet and getting videos of it and implementing it in games. So is AI in video games?

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Video games do have AI. What your friends have told you is just a higher level of it. And even if they were capable of going on the net and adapting such moves from videos, it's only going to be because they are programmed to do so. Which means they have code to automatically generate code by simply analyzing a video.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So my friends are saying that AI doesn't exist in video games. I used the example of DBC and how the batsmen react to where the ball is bowled and the circumstances (well they're supposed to). They are saying that it's programmed and that if it had AI it could play AB shots by going on the internet and getting videos of it and implementing it in games. So is AI in video games?
your friends don't know anything all video games have AI.

Users who are viewing this thread