Im a PC player, Im waiting for release. Want to clear some doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since I'm a PC player, I have been waiting eagerly for the game to release on steam. In the mean time there are lot questions going inside me, after reading the initial review I'm a bit skeptical about game since it costs 4K INR more than most AAA games out there. Those who have already played the game, I just need your help to clear some of my questions as below :
1.Most of the videos I saw till now, I couldn't see the broadcast type camera movements. In DBC14 fielding camera 1 use give the broadcast like camera, is it the same in DBC 17 ?
2.How is the AI responsiveness? Like in DBC14 in a T20 match the AI would score at a good rate during the PP overs, but as soon as PP ends the AI starts to play defensive cricket and in the death overs AI use to block the ball which is a game breaking deal for me. The AI is never responsive towards growing require rate while chasing and while batting first the AI hardly tries to play big shorts ind death overs. Did they fix this in DBC 17 ?
3. 360 shots hitting ability. DBC 14 was quite good in batting, but still there was a lot of improvement when it came 360 degree shots hitting ability. Is it any better in DBC17 or worse?
4. Competitive matches against AI : Is the AI competitive enough ? In DBC14 even in the highest difficulty settings we could easily restrict the AI to 160 in T20. Never ever AI scored more than 160 against me.

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
1. There seems to be some type of broadcast camera but it is not the same as DBC14. Strangely the one from the Academy demo version released on PC is also missing (at least on the PS4 Console version)
2. Seems same as DBC14 tbh. I've seen them hit a 4 on last ball of test match pretty much always and defend without any regard for scoring rate. AI is punishing however even on lower difficulty. They seem to score faster initially and then slow down a lot. While chasing they don't seem to pay attention to be close to ReqRR
3. a big issue atm. Almost 40-45% of the field seems inaccessible. It appears there's a few cones for batting and shots go in a few degrees here and there in those cones. Those cones only seem to allow partial access to field. It doesn't seem *true* 360 degrees whatsoever. Shot power also seems very strange to me. It also has weird and silly animations (some are really bad) for many shots and only 1 animation per shot regardless of who is playing. So the opener plays the square cut the exact same way to the exact same spot as the 11th guy (or girl :). Some animations are downright frustrating such as walking across the stumps while batting on leg to get bowled. Flicks seem missing along with glances and steer to 3rd man along with proper cover drive and mid wicket drive and several others. Hooks and cuts look bad. Esp the mentioned square cut which is super weird like a tennis volley shot being hit. Cuts always seem to go same place as well and you get out to super wicket keepers leaping 6-10 feet sideways to get your cuts. Looking at the batting wheel in DBC17 it is very clear there's something wrong with the batting range currently. Maybe a patch will fix it.
4. Seems same as point 2. One bad thing I found is my fielding got reset randomly leading me to just up and go with whatever fields it chose and hope for the best.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is there any reason at all that this couldn't have gone in the general discussion thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread