Draft: Selection: Impossible

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I want an explanation
I'm that case, let me tell you that Dravid is one of the most classical Test Cricketers of All Time. He is a brand ambassador of the OG Test Cricket playing style. One the the greatest batsmen of his generation. One of the most loved cricketer as well. A true gentleman of the game.

Even his stats are stagerring, he is the fourth highest Test run getter of All-Time amassing more than 13000 runs at an average of 52 with 36 centuries and in total he had 99 instances where he got 50 runs or more in an innings.

They also call him 'The Wall' for a reason, he stood there on the crease being obstinate and in abstinence
1708884500270.png

He has also carried the bat vs England, a rare feet for an Indian, especially when his traditional position in the team was at number 3.
1708883240921.png

The guy has exceptional record outside Asia as well averaging about 68 in England which is considered one of the most difficult condition for a top-order batsmen to play on.
1708883573623.png

Bowlers in their prime used to fear him. Not because they got smashed by him or he took them to cleaners. He stood there as a Wall and made those bowlers exhaust themselves. Here is what the most lethal bowler in the world during his time used to say about him,
1708882965362.png

I hope this explanation suffices...

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bigby Wolf's - Dad Army XI

My next pick is Sir Geoffrey Boycott

images

I tell you well lads Roobish , absolute Roobish this lad picking up drafts that too Dad's Amry.

My grandma is better than half of these players picked in the drafts.

Stats after 40+ 14 matches 999 runs 3 hundreds at an average of 38.42.

@CerealKiller

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
So, I need a bowler or two in this team. I'm not super enamoured with the options (Clint McKay and John Hastings having one cap is annoying) but I have at least one option that I think is worth taking this early:
1709038735833.png

:nzf: :bwl: Adam Milne

Injuries have disrupted Milne's career - but fortunately we don't need to worry about injuries here. More health would assist in improving his domestic FC stats more than anything else. What he is is a brilliant fast bowler with an array of skills including pace, control and bounce. Those medical problems are a main reason why he's eligible for my team, but another thing that doesn't help him out is the fact that he's been behind Southee, Boult, Henry, Jamieson, Wagner and Ferguson for his whole career at the longest form.

Milne can hold a bat. I think he'll probably come in at 9, given I have a spinner lined up for 10 and probably can't get away with three frontliners plus allrounders. So tentatively:
1. :aus: :bat: Michael di Venuto
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate

9. :nzf: :bwl: Adam Milne

@pillowprocter is next

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
368384.jpg

:afg::bat: Shahidullah Kamal
Yeah, I know that Afghanistan domestic stats don't really equal to high quality but it is tough to find decent players with the requirement I have to fulfill. In 28 FC matches, Shahidullah has scored 2312 runs (46 innings) at an average of 53.76 which includes 8 hundreds and 10 fifties. The 25-year old hasn't found much success in his little international career and also scored a duck in his only test inning (match) but I feel he has much more to offer and his 49 in Asian Games final is perhaps just the beginning of something more.

No Career Runs XI:
:aus: :bat: Ken Meuleman
04. :afg: :bat: Shahidullah
08. :ind: :wk: Vijay Rajindernath
11. :eng: :bwl: Arthur Mold

@Aislabie your turn

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Time to complete my new ball pairing.

1709029011657.png
:wi: :bwl: COURTNEY WALSH

Tall, fast and limitlessly durable, Courtney Walsh formed one half of a feared new ball duo with Curtly Ambrose. In my team, he joins up with Glenn McGrath, giving me a new ball pair whose combined tally comes to 1,082 wickets at 22.98. 519 of those wickets belong to Walsh, who will be an absolute cornerstone of my bowling attack. In a team where I'm not likely to have any all-rounders, having someone able to bowl such long spells is absolutely invaluable.

3. :wi: :bat: Brian Lara
7. :eng: :wk: Bob Taylor
9. :wi: :bwl: Courtney Walsh
10. :aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath

1709029418040.png

@Till Valhalla

Bevab

Staff Member
368384.jpg

:afg::bat: Shahidullah Kamal
Yeah, I know that Afghanistan domestic stats don't really equal to high quality but it is tough to find decent players with the requirement I have to fulfill. In 28 FC matches, Shahidullah has scored 2312 runs (46 innings) at an average of 53.76 which includes 8 hundreds and 10 fifties. The 25-year old hasn't found much success in his little international career and also scored a duck in his only test inning (match) but I feel he has much more to offer and his 49 in Asian Games final is perhaps just the beginning of something more.

No Career Runs XI:
:aus: :bat: Ken Meuleman
04. :afg: :bat: Shahidullah
08. :ind: :wk: Vijay Rajindernath
11. :eng: :bwl: Arthur Mold

@Aislabie your turn

Cricket Captain legend.

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Close childhood friend of George Headley, Clarence Passailaigue

From cricinfo: who scored 183 on his first-class debut for Jamaica against MCC in 1929-30. His second match was his Test debut, also at Sabina Park, in the final Test where he made 44 and 2 not out, and he was unfortunate not to be picked for the tour of Australia in 1930-31. Indeed, it was rather odd that he never played for West Indies again. The remainder of his first-class career was spasmodic, with ten matches in the next eight years, all in either Jamaica or Trinidad. In 1931-32, he hammered a career-best 261 not out against Lord Tennyson's tourists, adding a world-record 487 for the sixth wicket with Headley.

:wi: :bat: Charles Passailaigue
:saf: :wkb: Heinrich Klaasen
:aus: :ar: Michael Neser
:eng: :bwl: Dick Tyldesle

@Yash. have the next

Users who are viewing this thread