Draft: Selection: Impossible

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Good news for Yash - I saw this as I'm packing up for uni. I'll pick when home tonight, so he has about six more hours

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
1710151367657.png

:aus: :ar: David Hussey

D-Huss perhaps didn't capitalise on his opportunities at limited overs international level, but there's no doubting two things - he is a handy part time bowler, and more importantly, his first class record basically matches his brother's in averages (if not longevity). Mike Hussey probably doesn't make an all-time Test XI but he did average 52 in the format. I would quite like that in my team.

Hussey will come in at six. While his bowling option is useful, it's probably the least so of the seven I'll end up with if everything goes to plan.

1. :aus: :bat: Michael di Venuto
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate
6. :aus: :ar: David Hussey
9. :nzf: :bwl: Adam Milne

@Welwyn (@Yash. to catch up too)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ben Stokes comes into my team, to carry the team home in close finishes.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another addition to the bowling attack will be the greatest of Sri Lanka's all time pace battery-

1710260689226.png

Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas is the second Lankan and the second one with more than 3 names in my team, rounding up my bowling attack and assisting Wasim Akram in that pace lineup. He was a more than able batsman too, averaging 24 with the bat and 29 with the ball in tests.

5. :aus: :bat: Allan Border :c:
7. :saf: :wk: Quinton de Kock
8. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
9. :sri: :bwl: Chaminda Vaas
10. :sri: :bwl: Rangana Herath

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
1710326177106.png
:aus: :bat: MATTHEW HAYDEN

I can honestly say I am shocked to find that Matthew Hayden is still available. Very few Test opening batters have been as good at defining matches as Hayden was: he scored 30 centuries in his 103 Test matches, and converted more than half of his 50+ scores into centuries - and one of them into a then-World Record 380. But as good as Hayden's overall numbers were, they belie just how absurdly excellent he was during an eight-year purple patch that began with his recall to the Australian team in March 2000. In that period, he averaged 56.20 with the bat across 87 Test matches, scoring a century once every three matches. In that time, he averaged over 40 and scored centuries against every opponent but one: Bangladesh was his kryptonite, specifically something about Mashrafe Mortaza's bowling that Hayden found tricky early in his innings. However, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that that was his only batting weakness.

2. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
3. :wi: :bat: Brian Lara
7. :eng: :wk: Bob Taylor
9. :wi: :bwl: Courtney Walsh
10. :aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath

1710326307113.png

@pillowprocter

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
View attachment 291933
:aus: :bat: MATTHEW HAYDEN

I can honestly say I am shocked to find that Matthew Hayden is still available. Very few Test opening batters have been as good at defining matches as Hayden was: he scored 30 centuries in his 103 Test matches, and converted more than half of his 50+ scores into centuries - and one of them into a then-World Record 380. But as good as Hayden's overall numbers were, they belie just how absurdly excellent he was during an eight-year purple patch that began with his recall to the Australian team in March 2000. In that period, he averaged 56.20 with the bat across 87 Test matches, scoring a century once every three matches. In that time, he averaged over 40 and scored centuries against every opponent but one: Bangladesh was his kryptonite, specifically something about Mashrafe Mortaza's bowling that Hayden found tricky early in his innings. However, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that that was his only batting weakness.

2. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
3. :wi: :bat: Brian Lara
7. :eng: :wk: Bob Taylor
9. :wi: :bwl: Courtney Walsh
10. :aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath

View attachment 291936

@pillowprocter
Would have been my next pick

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
There's also evidence to suggest he underperformed...
1710328766000.png

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
The woman with the 5th most dismissals in WTests, 8th highest innings by a captain and the joint most consecutive ducks in Women's tests, Alyssa Healy is my next pick. I intend to play her as a batter unless I don't get my planned keeper.

healy180701.jpg

1. :ind: :bat: Chetan Chauhan
5. :aus: :bat: Alyssa Healy
7. :bar: :bwl: Malcolm Marshall
8. :aus: :bwl: Shane Warne
9. :aus: :bwl: Mitchell Starc

Note these batting positions will almost 100% be changed some picks in, I haven't planned any further picks yet.

@CerealKiller for a double pick now

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The great South African leg-spin bowling all-rounder Aubrey Faulkner adds some spin stocks to my XI, while Kapil Dev continues to add both pace bowling and batting depth

CerealKiller's XI
:aus: Don Bradman :bat:
:wi: Clyde Walcott :wkb:
:saf: Aubrey Faulkner :ar:
:pak: Imran Khan :ar: :c:
:saf: Shaun Pollock :ar:
:ind: Kapil Dev :ar:

Back to @pillowprocter

Users who are viewing this thread