10th Match: England vs New Zealand at Jo'Burg

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ryder can wicket-keep if needed.

Lot of good that will do now. :laugh

England are due a loss three wins in a row is just about unheard of for them. I reckon we still have a good chance even with a very average team. Should be a good game, not sure if I should stay up or wake up for it.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Dam it's not the early game like the one against SL was.
They should just make all of ours day games so we can watch them easier.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Lot of good that will do now. :laugh

England are due a loss three wins in a row is just about unheard of for them. I reckon we still have a good chance even with a very average team. Should be a good game, not sure if I should stay up or wake up for it.

Just saying it makes the inclusion of Hopkins even more bizzare. We could of called him up if McCullum was to get injured.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Go New Zealand (so we can beat them in the Semi Final again like always :p)

If we win we may not be playing you though...

And the Hopkins decision was a rather strange one, we could do what England did and used Morgan as a backup keeper, except with Ryder...

nz0003

International Cricketer
1. McCullum
2. Guptill
3. Vettori
4. Taylor
5. Elliot
6. Broom
7. Franklin
8. Mills
9. Diremanti
10. Butler
11. Bond

IMO. Vettori is good enough to score a century atm, plus he puts a price on his wicket.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
just out of interest, what would england need to be beat by to go through second? I make it about 30 runs. (if nz bat first) but I'm rubbish at working out NRRs.

surely that comes into it a bit? they must have a preference as to which ground they play their semi-final, Jo'burg and the Centurion have played completely differently.

and then there's the aussies to think about.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
1. McCullum
2. Guptill
3. Vettori
4. Taylor
5. Elliot
6. Broom
7. Franklin
8. Mills
9. Diremanti
10. Butler
11. Bond

IMO. Vettori is good enough to score a century atm, plus he puts a price on his wicket.

I was thinking the exact same thing, about putting Vettori up the order. I was thinking maybe five not all the way up to three.

Your line up is very bowler dominated with 6 ten over bowlers plus one part timer. I would have redmond/hopkins in there instead of diamanti.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
1. McCullum
2. Guptill
3. Vettori
4. Taylor
5. Elliot
6. Broom
7. Franklin
8. Mills
9. Diremanti
10. Butler
11. Bond

Vettori to open maybe, like he did in the 2003 WC :D Can't see him moving that far up though, maybe five at best. I would like to see it though, his batting is fantastic at the moment.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I was thinking the exact same thing, about putting Vettori up the order. I was thinking maybe five not all the way up to three.

Your line up is very bowler dominated with 6 ten over bowlers plus one part timer. I would have redmond/hopkins in there instead of diamanti.

Hopkins ain't any better than Diamanti IMO. Diamanti can hit the ball, Hopkins is just ████.

irottev

School Cricketer
I hope Butler is 100%. That would really help. I'd rather Hopkins than Diremanti. They're both rubbish. If Diremanti plays, chances are he'll bowl and that will be expensive.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I hope Butler is 100%. That would really help. I'd rather Hopkins than Diremanti. They're both rubbish. If Diremanti plays, chances are he'll bowl and that will be expensive.

That's why I would rather Diamanti be included in the playing XI over Hopkins. They're as bad as each other with that bat, although a case could be made that Diamanti is a better batsmen to have lower in the order. But if someone like Butler has a off day Diamanti can fill in and bowl 5-6 over's. He's probably a better fieldsmen also.

And besides, we've been slagging him of for months. He'll probably come out and whack a quick 50.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I would generally support England over NZ, but since NZ win can knock out Sri Lanka, so go NZ!!

Although their chances have gone down because of Ryder and Tuffey's loss. I think Tuffey's loss is going to hurt them more.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Going to be tough for the Kiwis to win this one with Ryder and Tuffey out. McCullum will need to step out of his shell which doesn't look likely.

Users who are viewing this thread