3rd Umpire :DRS

danman

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
HI
Today I got my first decision over turned by the 3rd umpire when refereed
I went up for an LBW. On ground umpires gives it not out, so I referred it thinking that was close. DRS shows pitching inline, impact inline & hitting middle half way up. Has to be out & yes given

Is everyone else having the same experience with the 3rd umpire, nearly impossible to have decisions overturned
Why are the on field umpires always right, like all the time. Are they robots?

What's your experience???

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Successful reviews in real life top-level cricket aren't really all that common because yes, most of the time the umpires get the decision correct. Because it's their job. And they're good at it.

I've had a few successful ones in game.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know whether it's relevant but while playing on Legend, for a very specific type of dismissal; I often get the umpires wrong using DRS. That is, I was given out LBW while playing a defensive shot and getting a thin nick! :)
One time I found them rectifying the decision while I was bowling. And that was about a run out but truth be told, such situations are extremely rare!

Matt Price

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I don't know whether it's relevant but while playing on Legend, for a very specific type of dismissal; I often get the umpires wrong using DRS. That is, I was given out LBW while playing a defensive shot and getting a thin nick! :)
One time I found them rectifying the decision while I was bowling. And that was about a run out but truth be told, such situations are extremely rare!
I have overturned the umpires decisions a lot of times (mostly LBW) and as a batsman known that I have nicked the ball through to the keeper but I have been lucky and the umpire says no, and technically the umpire is a robot because its on a game

thetruespiderman493

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Whenever I review and the decision should be overturned, the umpire still doesn't change decision.Please help!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Whenever I review and the decision should be overturned, the umpire still doesn't change decision.Please help!
You can't expect the umpire to give the decision in your favour just because you reviewed their decision.

My experience is quite similar to you guys. Onfield umpires do give the right decisions only in the formats where DRS is not available. If DRS option is available for the player then you'll see that umpires often give incorrect decisions and when reviewed, they overturn them.

Most frequently incorrect decisions are given to the delivery which has a thick edge hitting the pads (LBW). When we review their decision then we'll get to see through snicko about the thick edge. So, I always keep the vibration of gamepad enabled so that I know whether the ball hit the pad directly or was guide through thick edge before the umpire gives his decisions so that I can directly review it without waiting for a single seconds.

thetruespiderman493

Club Captain
You can't expect the umpire to give the decision in your favour just because you reviewed their decision.

My experience is quite similar to you guys. Onfield umpires do give the right decisions only in the formats where DRS is not available. If DRS option is available for the player then you'll see that umpires often give incorrect decisions and when reviewed, they overturn them.

Most frequently incorrect decisions are given to the delivery which has a thick edge hitting the pads (LBW). When we review their decision then we'll get to see through snicko about the thick edge. So, I always keep the vibration of gamepad enabled so that I know whether the ball hit the pad directly or was guide through thick edge before the umpire gives his decisions so that I can directly review it without waiting for a single seconds.
No mate that's not what I meant.When the review system clearly shows that the decision should be overturned, the umpire keeps his old decision and doesn't overturn it.Very frustrating.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
No mate that's not what I meant.When the review system clearly shows that the decision should be overturned, the umpire keeps his old decision and doesn't overturn it.Very frustrating.
Can you elaborate the issue?

thetruespiderman493

Club Captain
Well my most recent problem happened a few days ago, when I was playing India I went up for a lbw appeal so I reviewed it.The ball tracker clearly shows it was hitting leg stump, but the umpire doesn't overturn the decision and the batsmen stays at the crease.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well my most recent problem happened a few days ago, when I was playing India I went up for a lbw appeal so I reviewed it.The ball tracker clearly shows it was hitting leg stump, but the umpire doesn't overturn the decision and the batsmen stays at the crease.
It doesn't matter if the ball hits the leg stump or not. The only thing which matters is that whether the ball is having the correct impact and pitching at the right place. If any of these three is false then the decision will not be overturned.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
For a decision to be overturned you need to have ALL 3 indicators in your favour to get an "out", or one to get "not out".

So, to get an "out" decision, you need all three indicators to be red.

To be "not out", you need at least one of the three indicators to be green.

Users who are viewing this thread