Academy Version 0.0.70 Discussion

Did you time your shots bit early by any chance? In DBC 14 the cover drives went straighter if you timed the shots early. I'm hoping in DBC 17 there's a real "360 degree" in that you can play the shot in every direction (throughout 360 degree arc), and that you can hit a perfectly timed cover drive in an arc ranging from widish mid off to point depending on the direction of the Right Stick. Don't want the shot direction to be limited to one specific direction, i.e. a perfectly timed cover drive going through extra cover every time.

I wish my computer was up to recording... i hit in a lot of the areas people say you can't. Including the between point / cover point area and really well through midwicket. Yesterday i the same innings i hit probably the best looking shots i have ever had first through mid wicket and then straight between bowler and deep mid-off

Some of them are hard / rare, and agree lot of shots seem to go in the same sort of area (i wish i could hit wide of extra cover more regularly) but there IS a 360 or near to in DBC. Just needs maybe bringing out a touch more

Hi guys, great new update. Issues I'm noticing are as follows @BigAntStudios @MattW

- I by mistake reset my one player's stats and when I re did them, instead of an overall rating of 79, it went down to 65. To proof check, I did this to another player with a rating of 74, I entered the exact same skill points that had been there and he went down to a 63. I also noticed that the latter player's bowling and batting was rated 49 and 54 respectively despite having an average skill on each at about 65-70. Probably not serious just thought I would make it known.

Also the overlay position is not available anymore. Was a very useful tool.

actually, i very rarely go against @Dutch opinion-wise, especially when it comes to bashing the "i-wanters", but i think in this instance you have been a little unfairly jumped on since you did acknowledge the addition was superb and just said you hoped the other styles could be added in future... this is actually a pretty good way to make a request.

i think you can probably thank @aabretz and his ilk for making people have a hair trigger in this particular thread though, because if you look at his now obviously deleted vile post that Dutch quoted here and realise that was originally the first damn reply in this thread, you can see why people get fed up of "give us more more more" posts.
you not very bright are you if you have to re bring it up after it was dealt with. Now on topic yea not a bad update for a freebie few little bugs.
Fps went from 60 to 156-160 but dont expect that when you buy the full game it prob be back to 60.

Dude all i was doing was just giving a suggestion
To accept it or not its upto BA
I dont think ive spoken anything wrong[DOUBLEPOST=1472822881][/DOUBLEPOST]
U shouldnt ask that dude

To the ignorant fool who doesn't understands what the concept of this academy beta is, there will be a huge DLC in Dec 2016 which will add all the features that you want plus more

Please come back in Dec 2017

Thanks for the update :) Hair is looking much nicer now!

New hair colours are nice, and face tattoos can allow for Chanderpaul-esque eye tape.
I also thought that this custom tattoo feature could have potential beyond just tattoos, I quickly threw this together after seeing your post;

Untitled-1.jpg

This could maybe even be used for other facial features like scars/moles in places not covered by the existing preset ones, perhaps other uses too.

I don't know if it's just me doing something wrong but the new logo positioning system seems very sensitive. The slightest tap of a key seems to send a logo a long way so accurate positioning is difficult.

Am I missing a mouse option or a fine-tune key somewhere?
a future update will certainly sort this - it is certainly too sensitive right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1472866000][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, all but two of my created teams have disappeared.

They didn't have any players in them yet but I was using them to design kits and all those are now lost.
Can you send us your Save files please - we will check it out.

Really like the last second camera change in this update , perhaps in future we can have the last second switch to broadcast camera as well ,

just tried the update...really enjoying it. A few things though (minor):

1. esp in pro mode, once you hit the ball, your back hand leaves the bat. is there a way to keep both hands on the bat? minor i know but if feels more realistic.
2. in pro mode, can you please STOP the little jiggle just before the ball is released? with the way the camera is focused, the bowler/bowling machine is not in the centre of the screen (which is fine), however about 1-2 secs before the ball is bowled, there is some movement of the camera. Thats very disconcerting I find. One of the keys of good batting is keeping your head still. Otherwise, its all good. Am enjoying it.
3. is there a way that we can remove the colour on the ball once its bowled? ie. the blue/gree/red/yellow? I know what its for but it doesn't really help me judging the ball when I'm already given a helping hand through the colours...now instead of trying to judge where the ball is going to land, I'm just looking for colours which is a bit silly. Its still required obviously (esp when your camera is back) but it would be nice to have the option.
4. i can never get the bowling machine to bowl wide of off stump. It would be great to be able to specify bowling areas to target (which you can do with a bowling machine) ie. bouncers, wide of off stump, good line/length, yorkers, etc etc. I really don't get a chance to practice my offside shots because most of the balls are either just outside off or middle/leg.

Thanks guys, love your work!

*edit*
oh and I saw what you did there (the batsman now takes his time getting up after blocking....I love how you guys actually read what we write and implement it..not everything, but a lot of stuff..way to go BA!)

the follow through of the square drive does not feel right also Blackfoot cut and Blackfoot drive feels like you are playing 110k bowler perhaps the shot animation is too slow for them

Can you send me your save files please.

sure, thanks for looking into this. Also havnt run into the error so far in the next few tries, but my players is locked out!

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.zip
    926.3 KB · Views: 118
How can we restore our created teams and specially all the kits

Hi mike...there is problem with the leave and pad leave animation at the moment...can you reverse it back please...thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread