AI Batting in Chases

lonmar06

School Cricketer
I've been playing this game on PS3 for a few months now and all round I love it. However there is one thing that bugs me so much! Unless I score a 20 ball 100 there is practically no chance of a victory batting second.
Tonight I played 2 T20 games in a row. In the first match my team bowled first and we restricted them to 153/7. We batted and scored 102/1 in our 20 overs. Losing by 50 runs with only 1 wicket down is ridiculous.
Then the next match we bowled first again and they finished with 171/6. Even worse this time we finished the 20 overs with 103/0!!!!! 68 run loss with no wickets lost! WTF????
Also there was another one in which we needed 1 to win from 3 balls after I was caught in the deep and the remaining AI batsmen blocked out each of the three balls!!!
Then in the English 40 over competition earlier today we didn't bowl that well really and conceded 264/4 but the openers batted for a long time and ended up leaving me something ridiculous like 130 needed from 16 or something balls.

What is wrong with this? this isn't the only time this has happened to me. I have noticed right from the start of playing the game that pretty much the only way to win the game bowling first is to bowl the oppontents out for 90 or something ridiculously small.

basilchacko

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I've been playing this game on PS3 for a few months now and all round I love it. However there is one thing that bugs me so much! Unless I score a 20 ball 100 there is practically no chance of a victory batting second.
Tonight I played 2 T20 games in a row. In the first match my team bowled first and we restricted them to 153/7. We batted and scored 102/1 in our 20 overs. Losing by 50 runs with only 1 wicket down is ridiculous.
Then the next match we bowled first again and they finished with 171/6. Even worse this time we finished the 20 overs with 103/0!!!!! 68 run loss with no wickets lost! WTF????
Also there was another one in which we needed 1 to win from 3 balls after I was caught in the deep and the remaining AI batsmen blocked out each of the three balls!!!
Then in the English 40 over competition earlier today we didn't bowl that well really and conceded 264/4 but the openers batted for a long time and ended up leaving me something ridiculous like 130 needed from 16 or something balls.

What is wrong with this? this isn't the only time this has happened to me. I have noticed right from the start of playing the game that pretty much the only way to win the game bowling first is to bowl the oppontents out for 90 or something ridiculously small.[/QUOTwhen i batting first in any matches ,for a example,the team batting first score 190/8 in 20over,the team batting second only score max 120/2 or 3 wickets in 20 over. in another example my opposite team score like 260/8 in 50 over,when i am batting second i score 160/0 in 15 over,when i am out in 15th over,my team always lost match like 200/3 in rest all over.hope u will find a solution. again,thank you so much for best cricket game.

What is wrong with this? this isn't the only time this has happened to me. I have noticed right from the start of playing the game that pretty much the only way to win the game bowling first is to bowl the oppontents out for 90 or something ridiculously small.
i have the same problem too,,when i batting first in any matches ,for a example,the team batting first score 190/8 in 20over,the team batting second only score max 120/2 or 3 wickets in 20 over. in another example my opposite team score like 260/8 in 50 over,when i am batting second i score 160/0 in 15 over,when i am out in 15th over,my team always lost match like 200/3 in rest all over.hope u will find a solution. again,thank you so much for best cricket game.

stephanvos

School Cricketer

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes hoping patch 3 goes some way to sorting this out.
Simulation I think is a big part of any cricket game, I don't always have the time to play a full game.
But at the moment simming is pretty awful.

adikal

Club Captain
Agree completely that the AI batting is disappointing and unrealistic. Once you get the hang of the batting, playing against the AI becomes shockingly easy, even on Legend difficulty, due to its poor batting. We've had several posts and threads on the AI problems but I'm not optimistic about patch 3 fixing this. The reason I say this is because the PC version has been updated regularly and the recent PS4 and XOne versions have most of the latest PC changes, and so far, there seems to be no indication from users that the AI has been fixed. The few reviews of the PS4/Xone version I saw mentioned the weak AI batting as well.

The fact is that cricket is a niche game and those clamoring for good AI within cricket games is an even smaller niche segment. If you look at the feature requests for Patch 3 and future versions, there are sadly (and surprisingly) very few people asking for improved AI (who cares what color kits are available?!). I mean look at the size of this thread. It took a long time for a developer to come around to making a decent cricket game in DBC. Looks like we'll have to wait a while more before the same developer or someone else starts seriously looking at AI within the game.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Agree completely that the AI batting is disappointing and unrealistic. Once you get the hang of the batting, playing against the AI becomes shockingly easy, even on Legend difficulty, due to its poor batting. We've had several posts and threads on the AI problems but I'm not optimistic about patch 3 fixing this. The reason I say this is because the PC version has been updated regularly and the recent PS4 and XOne versions have most of the latest PC changes, and so far, there seems to be no indication from users that the AI has been fixed. The few reviews of the PS4/Xone version I saw mentioned the weak AI batting as well.

The fact is that cricket is a niche game and those clamoring for good AI within cricket games is an even smaller niche segment. If you look at the feature requests for Patch 3 and future versions, there are sadly (and surprisingly) very few people asking for improved AI (who cares what color kits are available?!). I mean look at the size of this thread. It took a long time for a developer to come around to making a decent cricket game in DBC. Looks like we'll have to wait a while more before the same developer or someone else starts seriously looking at AI within the game.

Based on utter nowt......did you actually read the thread?? Every second post is about AI....believe me, BA knows about the AI and is going to do summit about it....

Reactions: Pat

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Based on utter nowt......did you actually read the thread?? Every second post is about AI....believe me, BA knows about the AI and is going to do summit about it....

If they dont do summit about it that will really summit my annoyance for the game...

I saw the chance, grabbed the chance and screwed it up...

Users who are viewing this thread