AI can't take catches.....

Waxx123

School Cricketer
So today I played about 6 matches in career mode. AI successfully took 7 catches and dropped 14. I am playing on veteran mode. Bowling:hard, batting:hard. so P(AI taking catches in my game is|career mode) = 7/21. Thats not right. Can't be right? this is got to be broken....BTW for testing purpose fielding was set to fully assisted.

EDIT: PC version.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Exactly as above - I played a couple of casual international games last night and all the catches were taken, including an absolute stunner in the slips that I would have screenshotted if the game hadn't then crashed, haha! The player ratings really do make a big difference, I think. I've definitely been able to feel it in the batting and fielding so far. Haven't bowled much yet.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI successfully took 7 catches and dropped 14
How do you drop 14??? Are you sure you counted properly?

Nevertheless, dropped catches are common in club cricket in this game.

Waxx123

School Cricketer
How do you drop 14??? Are you sure you counted properly?

Nevertheless, dropped catches are common in club cricket in this game.

in the span of 6-7 matches yea. Both my team and opposing team dropped catches.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
in the span of 6-7 matches yea. Both my team and opposing team dropped catches.
Hmm... I don't think it's much of an issue for other players.

Sure I play on pro and I see like 2-3 dropped catches which is not a lot (Casual match)

In career mode I've barely seen the AI drop catches.

Waxx123

School Cricketer
IMO yeah its mostly the club level players that drop catches like crazy. Catching is much better in international level. But I just played 3 more matches club level. And the dropped to miss ration was much better. I think it was somewhere around 9/12. So maybe I was seeing some extreme cases earlier. From observation i noticed one handed catches are dropped more. But I have seen the AI drop some "sitters" too.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah they do, best is to change the field and replace him in some non catching position...An angry faced captain changing his position would be cool.. :lol

gogabutt

Club Captain
At veteran level, non of the catches should have been droped. I have noticed the AI fielders inside the circle typically drop more catches than boundary fielders. Occasionally, a fielder takes a catch but nothing happens, slip fielders take flying one hand catches lolz. Wicket keeper dives like a goal keeper and frequently let go the ball for byes four. You can take a single on almost every ball or make 4 or even 5 runs by running as the filders r slow to respond and when they respond, the ball does not hit the stumps. Also, you can keep hitting 4s and 6s on the same field position but AI does not even bother to place a fielder there.

The AI fielding is a huge disappointment in DBC17 and one of the biggest areas that need masive improvements. I hope this will be fixed thru patches.

Users who are viewing this thread