Aiming at the damn stumps

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Anyone else sometimes find in career mode that your bowler totally loses his radar? Allegedly if you nail the "up" movement and keep it centered your delivery is supposed to be aimed at middle stump but I've just had a 4 day game where in both innings everything I bowled moved/went wide of the stumps. It didn't matter if I tried bowling seam, out swing, in swing, cross seam (I went all round the houses!) because nothing went straight.

I've got a lot of my wickets bowled and lbw so far so unsprisingly I only ended up with 1 lonesome wicket in the 2nd innings.

Irritating.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's a bit more complex than that. The line of the ball is affected by a lot of things, angle you're coming in at, the conditions, the pitch, bowler skill and whether or not you're actually getting your input right. If you're not getting it on middle stump with the line you're using, change the line you're trying to bowl.

I think EA Sports only know how to make good cricket games.

That's why their last one was bang average, outdated on release and over 7 years old...

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Seemed to be just that one game (fingers crossed) because I've just had a 40 0ver game where they were actually going where I intended a bit more.

Ren

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...for a stock ball, on a flat pitch, in still conditions, with no seam movement, from the stock position on the crease...

+1 this.

Straight up on the right stick with a hint of in swing can easily end up well outside leg. Just practice 1 delivery repeatedly until you work out where you need to end up on the right stick for that ball, then adjust to the conditions during the first few overs you bowl in a match.

Users who are viewing this thread