Allardyce for U19 !!!

Bilal91

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
so he didn't get a bat...but congrats to him and you for getting him in the team...

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Well, he did play today. Got 11 off 6 balls. It was a low scoring match though and since we needed 104 or something to win, it isn' too bad. Hopefully he's got more to come.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well took off 1/10 of that total in no time. If you guys bat first he should get a decent hit out.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Yes, but I do acknowledge that a lot of the bowlers, especially the Aussies are very good too. Plus, I thought there were a lot of better batsmen in the England team, but Allardyce batted at no.5 and no.3 in the two games which I think shows that he's valued in the team.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Allardyce has fired for the U19 !! He was involved in a crucial third wicket partnership of 134 runs and scored a steady 64 off 90 balls. An excellent partnership given that England were chasing only 204.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, that strike rate is still more than 70. This has been somewhat of a relief to me since I was unsure of whether Allardyce was true U19 material or not. I hope he continues this. The only problem with him playing well is fitness, he is now on "lively" and I'm quite sure it'll nearly be "energetic" by Friday.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Beh, what was Allardyce doing, sleeping?? :p
Well, he scored a fifty against the Lankan U-19 bowlers, but can he do it against Folkes, Eli, Tuckett, Rudi and Crouch?? :p

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
aussie1st said:
You'll be able to rest him after the Friday game so I would expect him to be fine.
What do you mean rest him after Friday's game? He's going to get 4 nets on Monday and then might play on Tuesday and Wednesday!

fatal.error

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
Beh, what was Allardyce doing, sleeping?? :p
Well, he scored a fifty against the Lankan U-19 bowlers, but can he do it against Folkes, Eli, Tuckett, Rudi and Crouch?? :p

Yikes.

fatal.error

Club Cricketer
Wasim Rasool scored a century against Newzealand.

I dont believe it was my lad holding the innings, but it all went useless.

Users who are viewing this thread