Alleged match fixing in the IPL

^ Agree with you on both points. Several people are saying the IPL should end but there's just too much cash flow there for something like that to happen. The BCCI may be many things, but they are not stupid.

I too feel sorry for Asad Rauf. There isn't so much of a confirmation of the media report that Rauf is being investigated. Not even from the Mumbai Police. On what concrete piece of evidence the ICC has based this action is apparently only known to them. I don't see anything concrete about this investigation or the reports related to it in reputable print media. Also, isn't this pretty much coming across as admission of guilt? Has Rauf been gagged? If I was him, I'd be vociferously demanding more information.

Asad Rauf was in the news last year as well for his alleged role in a casting couch scandal. However, this is more serious than it seems and now it seems that Rauf passed on information in international matches as well.

The case is turning quite interesting now.:lol

Asad Rauf flew home yesterday, if the police were serious about him, he would never have been allowed to go home. Smear tactics? If not, then why is it taking so long for any of the story to confirmed? What is going on with the head of the BCCIs nephew? It's just such a sad, typically cricket debacle :noway

Asad Rauf flew home yesterday, if the police were serious about him, he would never have been allowed to go home. Smear tactics? If not, then why is it taking so long for any of the story to confirmed? What is going on with the head of the BCCIs nephew? It's just such a sad, typically cricket debacle :noway

Get use to this, its India, there the justice system is a fallacy!

You are an Indian right? Or no?

IPL, Fixing , BCCI and Politics

Taken from My Zone: IPL, Cricket, Politics and Money

This will be a great black mark on the game of cricket. The most serious problem is the response of the BCCI towards these allegations. Although BCCI criticized RR players who were accused of spot fixing, they kept silent about the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan who is the son in law of current BCCI president. Also BCCI tried to cover up the Gurunath's connection with CSK stating that he is only a enthusiastic fan. It's president should really answer these questions regarding the allegations.

The greatest threat to the cricket is not money but the BCCI. The arrogant manner the current president controls the board is apparent to the whole world. BCCI does not care about the ICC and other cricketing nations. This was evident in the BCCI stand against the UDRS. Only BCCI opposes UDRS and as a result it is not compulsory in cricket matches world wide. Also BCCI intervened to the removal of Tim May form the ICC panel and somehow managed to get that position to one of their own employee. Also the BCCI is beyond the control of Indian government. It have all the money and power to influence the ICC.

I would not be surprised if at the end of the day all the big betters, fixers and bookie owners were some how released due to intelligent cover up stories and due to political influences and some small scale fixers are sentenced for wrong doing. This was evident form the attempts to hide the facts about the connection between Gurunath and CSK.

Anyway I think it's the right time to other cricketing nations to come forward and reduce the power of BCCI in the ICC. And also Indian government should try to regulate the actions of BCCI. Cricketing fans should use their voice against corruption in cricket and try to save the wonderful game of cricket from all evil.

Taken from My Zone: IPL, Cricket, Politics and Money

My location states I am from Hell, if you consider India to be Hell then maybe right if not then NO!

Hello fellow Indian!

And that report is laughable, although it might be true, but even then it's laughable. Why should a player earning so much money need some jewellery? Are they unavailable at Jamaica?

Hello fellow Indian!

And that report is laughable, although it might be true, but even then it's laughable. Why should a player earning so much money need some jewellery? Are they unavailable at Jamaica?

If it makes you sleep in comfort hello also.

Gayle's good buddy Marlon Sammuels was ban for two years for sharing unholy info with bookies in India, wont put this pass Gayle.

Yeah, that's a good point, but Samuels wasn't the superstar Gayle is, he doesn't need the money and the risk involved anyway.

Yeah, that's a good point, but Samuels wasn't the superstar Gayle is, he doesn't need the money and the risk involved anyway.

Gayle is all about the money, any player who puts IPL before country is concerned about making money, Mr. Gayle has in most cases chosen leagues like the IPL over playing test cricket for the WI, making him a perfect candidate for accepting bribes.

Agreed, Gayle is all about the money!

What I'm looking forward to is the outcome of this furore. Will any of the players get life bans or will a few, domestic players be used as scapegoats and rest just swept under the rug?

Sometime during the IPL ,I heard Ravi Shashtri conversing with Micheal Holding. Holding,as we all know is of the view that the IPL is an evil which needs to be curbed. On the other hand, Shashtri,being the BCCI sponsored commentator was putting up quite a fight regarding how the younger players are selected.

According to Shashtri,
1. Every board needs to provide a player with an NOC

This is BS purely cause the Sri Lankan board has got no say in what its players do. They wanted them back, but the BCCI wouldn't budge.

2. Players are only allowed to play in the IPL if they have considerable domestic experience.

Again BS. Pravin Tambe,the 42 yr old leggie from Rajasthan has not played a single first class game. Chandila, was not even a part of any state team when he was selected for the Royals. Yuvzendra Chahal from Mumbai- never heard of him on the domestic circuit.

Why these double standards ?

Also, why does an un-capped player from another country command more in the auction ? At the same time, an Indian un-capped player is subjected to a meagre salary.

Users who are viewing this thread