Any Americans playing DBC?

weekendroady

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wondering how many statesiders have the PS4/XB1 copy of the game? I placed a pre-order with a UK seller on ebay and got it only 3-4 days after everyone else in UK had access to it. It's replaced FIFA and NHL as my go-to game ever since.

What's funny is I couldn't tell you much about the sport a few months ago (though maybe more than 99% of the U.S. population) - but I've been watching a lot of the World Cup and feel extremely comfortable with most of the rules of the game. Looking at it now, I wish I took the time to figure out cricket a long time ago, but access to the sport is extremely limited (if nonexistent) in the states. U.S. fans and players tend to be ex-pats from other cricketing nations (I know of a British guy who set up a really nice field in North Carolina that I still need to visit in-season). People born here pretty much have no introduction to the sport - it's a shame really. Being a baseball fan forever, I picked up cricket instantly, I actually see baseball being a much more difficult sport to learn for the uninitiated.

Anyway, just wanted to see who else is out there from the U.S. and/or Canada with the game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
great choice of domestic county!

am sure there are a few us-based players on here - a lot as you mention being ex-pats. whether on ps4 I don't know

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Ex pat with PS4 here:wave

Don't have the game yet as I don't want to fiddle with non U.S. stores and I want digital.

Hoping remote play works out and it makes the vita worth the $ spent on it for me.

weekendroady

School Cricketer
great choice of domestic county!

With good reason! My girlfriend's family is originally from the area (up until her grandfather moved to Canada as a child). We spent a few days in and around Gloucester and even took in some cricket matches (just local leagues). They are my career mode team too.

Ex pat with PS4 here:wave

Don't have the game yet as I don't want to fiddle with non U.S. stores and I want digital.

Hoping remote play works out and it makes the vita worth the $ spent on it for me.

Remote play really does work well. It's the first PS4 game I've played that actually "knows" you are playing on Vita. When you go to the control screen, it has a picture of the controls mapped on a Vita, and they work really well. Only complaint, for me, is the details are a bit small on that screen, and I feel a bit less comfortable batting aggressively (though I did work a century on some 140+ balls playing only on Vita)

A few years ago I met some members of the Compton Cricket Club while they were in Sydney. Cracking bunch of lads. I wonder if any of them have got into DBC yet?

Yes the Compton team is a really cool story. They have a bunch of fields in the L.A. area, the most in the U.S. I believe. We still have only one honest to goodness cricket stadium, though (in Florida), I'd love to go down there for a legitimate match one day!

bestfriendh

Club Captain
Expat with PS3 game here. @weekendroady I see you are from the DC area. There are summer/Fall recreational cricket leagues in nearby Loudon County(Virginia) and Howard County(MD) which might interest you, in-case you wanted to try playing for a team as well.

weekendroady

School Cricketer
Expat with PS3 game here. @weekendroady I see you are from the DC area. There are summer/Fall recreational cricket leagues in nearby Loudon County(Virginia) and Howard County(MD) which might interest you, in-case you wanted to try playing for a team as well.

Thanks for the tip! Actually participating in some live cricket matches has been on my mind. I've never actually handled a cricket ball or bat but I'm up for trying! I know there are some local Indian ex-pats who play at a park 5 min from my house as well.

Uncle00Jesse

School Cricketer
Hey guys, New Yorker here in a cricket forum :)

I'll tell you what, my friends think I'm insane because I've become obsessed with cricket in the last few weeks. I'm a die hard baseball fan (go Yankees!) and didn't give cricket a second thought like 99.999% of every other American. I work with a lot of guys overseas in India and one day they were talking about the world cup and I randomly got intrigued. I downloaded the ICC world cup app on my phone and started lurking around. Fast forward 3 weeks and I'm obsessed. I know all the ins and outs, rules, teams etc. It's taken over my last couple weeks of entertainment time. I'm currently supporting India in the world cup and my favorite player is Suresh Raina.

I bought DBC for PS4 on Amazon a week ago. Yes, I'm a sucker and paid the premium price of $70 even though its a $60 game, but I NEEDED to have it. It's a fantastic game, although I've been spoiled by the presentation of MLB The Show for the last few years. DBC is about as bare bones in the presentation department as you can get but the gameplay is very good. I'm struggling with batting quite a bit but I refuse to lower the difficulty below pro. I had my first half-century today on pro vs NZ and it was a rush man. I later got destroyed by McCullum and company...

Call me a cricket fan for life. I just wish it was more popular in the states but it never will be, just like soccer.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I'll tell you what, my friends think I'm insane because I've become obsessed with cricket in the last few weeks. I'm a die hard baseball fan (go Yankees!) and didn't give cricket a second thought like 99.999% of every other American. I work with a lot of guys overseas in India and one day they were talking about the world cup and I randomly got intrigued. I downloaded the ICC world cup app on my phone and started lurking around. Fast forward 3 weeks and I'm obsessed. I know all the ins and outs, rules, teams etc. It's taken over my last couple weeks of entertainment time. I'm currently supporting India in the world cup and my favorite player is Suresh Raina.

I bought DBC for PS4 on Amazon a week ago. Yes, I'm a sucker and paid the premium price of $70 even though its a $60 game, but I NEEDED to have it. It's a fantastic game, although I've been spoiled by the presentation of MLB The Show for the last few years. DBC is about as bare bones in the presentation department as you can get but the gameplay is very good. I'm struggling with batting quite a bit but I refuse to lower the difficulty below pro. I had my first half-century today on pro vs NZ and it was a rush man. I later got destroyed by McCullum and company...

Call me a cricket fan for life. I just wish it was more popular in the states but it never will be, just like soccer.

Welcome to the dark side and if you find out what I paid for my copy of the game (PS3), you'll simply shake your head in disbelief :)

Hernandez

School Cricketer
Yes! I think the folks at Big Ant need to realize something. DBC is probably the biggest thing to happen to cricket in a long time, seriously. I knew NOTHING about the game of cricket but then I saw the World Cup and got interested. Got hooked, and the game has made me an addict!
I love baseball and American football but cricket has become my favorite sport all of a sudden and DBC has to do with it. It's like FIFA, but for cricket.
As soccer continues to explode in the States, FIFA is becoming the game of choice over Madden (American football video game).
Now, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm currently in the middle of seeing all 60 highlights for each IPL game in 2014 to catch up. I'm really excited for county cricket but the time difference might be a killer. The t20 Blast on Fridays has me excited though!
A few weeks ago, cricket was the most foreign thing to me. The screen was full of numbers that didn't make sense (you mean 5.5 isn't five-and-a-half overs?) and people yelling Jose (howzat).
Just need to support a county now ;-)

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Are we at the point where big ant tell TruBlu to stick it and release it themselves yet? :lol

Granted h1z1 has been monpolizing my time but still, this is pretty sad.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I would slag you off for being the fan of the most overrated baseball team in history but the best of the post is good so i'll let you off

@Hernandez the only correct County choice is Sussex, although they broadcast literally two county championship games a year and one of them is always Yorkshire-Lancashire so don't expect to see whatever team you pick in Whites on TV any time soon. The T20 Blast and whatever the one day competition is called this year get much more coverage and are generally fun, although the latter is going to be played during the Ashes so you'll not get to see a great deal of it.

Users who are viewing this thread