Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I don't know where to post this so I'll post here, I guess it's sort of a question.

When the bowler is running up I think it would be a great touch if the batsmen "nods" his head a bit, what I mean is sometimes when the batsmen is setting up or whatever you want to call it some batsmen have a little shrug of the shoulder or a little twitch movement just as they prepare to face the delivery. I think that would be super cool!

Can't it be possible that game is under priced due to Piracy. I mean a lot of people would buy the original game itself if it is priced reasonably specially in India and thereby increasing the total revenue for Trickstar. I think India could be the dominant market in terms of revenue if they price it correctly over here!

Lets hope for the best:)

Yawn... not piracy in India again.

People will pirate the game and buy it on roadside sellers even if it sells for a single rupee. /End of story.

if you order is not 25 GBP or more, you will not get free shipping on amazon (except prime members).

but Zavvi & Hut offer free shipping to europe. just saying :)

Doesn't seem to be the case here in the UK - this from Amazon.co.uk:

?14.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery

----------

Game have the same price, so it's not like some retailers are undercutting, this is the standard.

I did have to laugh that Game also listed AC09 at 12.99 for a new PC copy. Hmm...

As I mentioned in the big long thread arguing about piracy and the price of the game in India - as a digital product, the only thing that gives the game its value is the price you set. As a consumer, I'm happy to pay to have the developers supported, I'm not happy to pay to subsidise cut prices in other countries - in this case that country seems to be the UK.

The price thing was a major hit to my confidence in the game. If you have a good product you price it as such. You certainly can't afford to patch the game if you're selling it for nothing - and the bad initial reviews will be already out there.

My previous confidence in the product was because I still think despite flaws IC2010 is the best cricket game on the market, so I know Trickstar can pull it off.

But if you then decide to sell the end product for $20 new, then that to me suggests the only way you think the game will sell is being at a 'why not' price tag, to sit along with the games I've gotten in Steam sales that I never play.

Yeah, quite so. New games just don't generally release for ?14.99 unless the developer is feeling a distinct lack of confidence about their game. This quote doesn't flood me with confidence either:

Visually, Ashes Cricket 2013 at first glance doesn't look dramatically different from the last instalment and with players still bumping into each other in the outfield there's still some bug fixing to be done before it launches.

With experience of making cricket games for more than 20 years there's probably no better team to create a cricket game that can be rightfully named alongside Brian Lara Cricket, but we will wait to get our hands-on before giving it the thumbs up or the raised finger.

The other thing I'm concerned about is games usually have something to show prior to release - often an earlier build that's been playtested. This game has nothing - not even a video! The whole thing stinks of 'rushed Ashes cash in' to me. I was looking forwards to it, but snippets like that, alongside the lack of any footage have thrown a bit of a cold blanket on the whole thing.

While it's double the price of the PC version, the ?30.98 that is being asked for here is the cheapest I've found the PS3 version. That's about ?9 cheaper than the RRP for a new release.

While it's double the price of the PC version, the ?30.98 that is being asked for here is the cheapest I've found the PS3 version. That's about ?9 cheaper than the RRP for a new release.

Yep - seems that across the board, the game is being released suspiciously cheap.

Do you know that the Spartan stickers are backwards, Chief?

The other thing I'm concerned about is games usually have something to show prior to release - often an earlier build that's been playtested. This game has nothing - not even a video! The whole thing stinks of 'rushed Ashes cash in' to me. I was looking forwards to it, but snippets like that, alongside the lack of any footage have thrown a bit of a cold blanket on the whole thing.

I agree. We hear nothing for years about a sequel to IC10, and then just conveniently it gets announced a few months before the double Ashes header. From everything I've read and seen, the whole thing seems a rushed idea to make some quick money from the Ashes euphoria. Fully expect to 505 games and Trickstar to go AWOL again once complaints start pouring in. They've done it before with the broken IC10 online bugs.

I have much bigger hopes from the Big Ant game. Have you checked out the Cricket Academy's player editor? Simply amazing. The developer's keenness to include the community in the game development process and to take on our feedback does wonders for one's confidence. I've yet to see one of the developers of AC13 engage in any form with the PC community.

Why did no-one mention this?

Just kidding :) - Yeah. They'd got reversed for some reason. It's all good.

It's ok chief I bet them kind of bugs will be fixed, just remember to put everything the right way right ok.:p Getting very close to release now, just 17 days you guys must be excited that soon you can have a rest, unless we find the players heads on backwards or something.:p Just joking.;)

Yep - seems that across the board, the game is being released suspiciously cheap.

Seems like 505 Games are leaning towards paid DLCs and micro-transactions ;)

Just Pre ordered the game. Not long now.

Seems like 505 Games are leaning towards paid DLCs and micro-transactions ;)

To be honest mate, if that were the case I would be against it to the point that I wouldn't be working on the project. I'm pretty vocal against cynical use of that (I am assuming you're suggesting the cynical side of it from your tone!).

I do think it's reasonable offering additional, *optional* content at a cost... But there's a big difference between that and exploitative practise, which sadly I see examples of in lots of places (although to be fair fairly rare in console games).

To be honest mate, if that were the case I would be against it to the point that I wouldn't be working on the project. I'm pretty vocal against cynical use of that (I am assuming you're suggesting the cynical side of it from your tone!).

I do think it's reasonable offering additional, *optional* content at a cost... But there's a big difference between that and exploitative practise, which sadly I see examples of in lots of places (although to be fair fairly rare in console games).

It all depends. If I pay USD 60 for a game and then am expected to pay for DLCs I would be pretty upset, but if the game is reasonably priced (say USD 50) then I would pay up to USD 5-10 for DLCs. At the end of the day it's all about the value you place on the product and for me a decent cricket game should be priced same as FIFA or Madden and I am willing to pay that amount (USD 60) either with or without DLCs.

But as you rightly mentioned I would expect the game to function as touted when I purchase it, and wouldn't want to pay for fixes like IC 2010's broken online gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread