Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Lets hope the graphics are naff as I am trying to run this on a 2 year old 13 inch Sony Vaio laptop..

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Are you saying you won't be following the Ashes? :eek:

I'd love to but it's like 1.30 am til 8.30 am so not exactly great timing. Perhaps on the weekend I'll manage to get in a session after I stumble home drunk from the hockey.

The cricket boards don't want me to though. The ABC and BBC online radio streams are region-blocked to just local listeners. Disgusting behaviour, to be honest, and detrimental to the spread of cricket. No video coverage either, aside for illegal streams. You can pay to watch it online, but only in Australia. What a ----.

Luckily I have a website tunein.com which has radio stations from all over the world.

bestfriendh

Club Captain
One more review from steam discussions:

"Ryan McGrath has Ashes Cricket 2013 9 minutes ago
Too true just bought the game, Biggest piece of ???? I have ever played. "Realistic Gameplay" My ??? more like teleport around the field and not know wtf is happening gameplay."

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I downloaded this with the intent of reviewing it.

Now I don't want to review it, because it is THAT bad.

The appearance is well behind the times, and it is obvious that this was rushed through. They should NOT have released this game.

Imagine blocking the ball in front of your feet. What happens next is that the wicketkeeper can't find the ball, so he dances around constantly trying to find it. Meanwhile, the batsmen is walking forward, but not going anywhere. It's like he is walking on an invisible treadmill. I can't understand how to describe just how bad this game is.

The fielding looks clumsy. And when the fielder throws it to the wicketkeeper, the wicketkeeper will then pretend to dislodge the bails (as wicketkeepers often do), but he will do it EVEN IF HE IS 5 METERS AWAY FROM THE STUMPS. It is like he is trying to dislodge invisible bails from invisible stumps. Ridiculous.

Thick edges didn't even make a sound when I batted. There was just no audio despite a huge deflection off the bat.

That's enough of a review for now. I'll leave it to the others to fill in the rest. Bumble Lloyd should be ashamed to have his name associated with such a disaster. Mark Nicholas is the other commentator.

Summary:

Ross, you can release DB14 now with supreme confidence.

bestfriendh

Club Captain
If the game is so bad, is there a way for you guys to complain or ask for a refund? Based on the initial reactions looks like this shouldn't have been released at all.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Where is 79C when you need him! Can't wait for his review :lol

30 to 40 minutes away and I can't wait to review this crap, I will not be nice if it's as bad as steam forum is saying.:facepalm

PS :lol back to you.

z33

School Cricketer
The game is also leaked on file sharing sites lol. Biggest waste of time

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OMG horrible horrible game shity animations, not able to play with key board is this even finished I dont know horrible graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread