Ashes Cricket General Discussion

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would be nice to know this. I imagine so after last time although this time I will not be preordering. I will be waiting to see the fall out.

Let's face it... if you are on this forum, you're going to get the game :)

kulch

Club Captain
Since I'm mostly a career mode player I'll give my hopes for some new features in the next game. Other than obvious things like "fix stats" and "fix having to choose your lineup 5 times in a row for one match" (yes this happened to me) of course.

-Ability to change teams. Preferably with a system where you're offered money contracts at the start of each new season. The money doesn't have to have any effect on gameplay but it would be cool to decide if you're going to pick your favourite team, the one that would give you the best chance of winning, or just try to make the most cash. Maybe having a running counter of "money earned in career" just for fun.

-Fatigue/injury mechanic. I know some people wouldn't like this so probably allow people to turn it off and I also wouldn't want it to be so harsh you get injured all the time. But it would be a neat thing for me to have to manage your playing time a bit rather than just playing in every game in every league.

-Fielding "moments" where you have to drop in from simulating to take a catch/enact a run-out. Currently I avoid playing pure batsmen because that's half the match where you're basically watching the scoreboard as it simulates. I'd love to play a WK to take some screamers and enact some stumpings.

-Ability to hit the gym with our career points so we don't get completely gassed after bowling 5 overs. :p

-Skills/fitness degrade if you don't put points in them constantly, eg. a bowling all-rounder who focuses purely on his bowling for a few weeks will see his batting skills degrade or a star batsman who doesn't work on his fitness will become lazy and slow in the field ;). Again not too harsh to start with but maybe later on in the career skills degrade faster to simulate an aging player losing their touch.

Great post. Career mode needs some injection. With the cash contracts u could perhaps buy equipment at a cricket shop. U start off using a club kit bag with the heaviest worst gear and you unlock and earn equipment as you progress. Lighter bat's for increased timing windows yet sacrifice power and vice versa for Meatier bat's. Shoes (running speed). Sunglasses. Lighter Pads/equipment which increase running between wickets speed or buy training sessions with legendary batsmen/bowlers/fielders which boost xp in various aspects.
Proper xp injection reward for good performances on top of the current DBC structure
Xp loss for ducks and poor performances
More ways to earn xp more variety than the grind of DBC17
This is what the game is missing.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Great post. Career mode needs some injection. With the cash contracts u could perhaps buy equipment at a cricket shop. U start off using a club kit bag with the heaviest worst gear and you unlock and earn equipment as you progress. Lighter bat's for increased timing windows yet sacrifice power and vice versa for Meatier bat's. Shoes (running speed). Sunglasses. Lighter Pads/equipment which increase running between wickets speed or buy training sessions with legendary batsmen/bowlers/fielders which boost xp in various aspects.
Proper xp injection reward for good performances on top of the current DBC structure
Xp loss for ducks and poor performances
More ways to earn xp more variety than the grind of DBC17
This is what the game is missing.

Missing? I would have thought improving the AI would be more important than cosmetic upgrades.

kulch

Club Captain
Missing? I would have thought improving the AI would be more important than cosmetic upgrades.
I assume the Ai is fine if we are onto mo cap. Or do you disagree on that too?
Of course improving the AI is important but simultaneously career mode needs improving too

angad

Chairman of Consent
It's very doubtful we will ever do an Academy release on consoles, the process is too costly and cumbersome to update.

Doesn't make sense too...it's way easier to create players on the pc I believe than on a console.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's very doubtful we will ever do an Academy release on consoles, the process is too costly and cumbersome to update.
I agree, plus way easier and less costlier to roll out updates on Steam. While I'm sure these companies(Sony, Microsoft) take too long to approve the updates itself.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Im assuming you mean pre game launch? the game itself will have an academy on console like DBC right? ;)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I assume the Ai is fine if we are onto mo cap. Or do you disagree on that too?
Of course improving the AI is important but simultaneously career mode needs improving too

Yeh I'll disagree on that too. AI being fine and mo cap are completely unrelated so I have no idea what you're talking about

Users who are viewing this thread