this is the biggest issue off the game .. batsman not going back ... O.o

2017-11-19 (5).png

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I've been playing on Legend, Hard batting have noticed a few things

1. Playing Advanced Shots are not as smoother as they used to be in DBC 17
  2. It is really difficult for you to time slower, short balls.
  3. It would be really great if we can play front foot lofted pull and cut shots(saying this again)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have ashes on both consoles x1 & ps4 and stats issues are in both even after latest patches :( or someone from dev need to update hows earned stats and user stats get updated.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Loving the game after completing my first Test. Absolutely fantastic experience for the most part, the AI and game balance seems much improved overall. I do some have minor gripes left:

Leaving

• The options for leaving seem vastly reduced. There's basically one leave where the batsman steps forward, save for a contextual case where they duck.
  • There's no option to pad up, etc., leading to problems.
  • The lack of other leaving options makes it hard to play conservatively against spinners.

Returning to the crease

• The most notable issue here is with leaving or playing and missing a front foot shot against a spinner, as you'll just get stumped; this can be mitigated by moving your position back a bit before the shot though.
  • The way players return in general looks a bit odd, they don't try and get a bat back with any urgency, rather they sprint back into their crease.
  • A bit of tuning here could make the game look and play a lot better in this specific regard.
AI

• They tend to turn down singles a bit too often after hitting it to a fielder in the outfield, I have only played a Test with a quick outfield though, so it's possible they were just being conservative.
  • Chasing 508 with about 5 sessions the AI just kind of plodded along at 3 an over; not really an issue, but I would have probably gone into my shell at that point and played for a draw, they seemingly played like it was day 2; that said, maybe they thought they should push me, then try and chase around ~200 in the last two sessions, the pitch was still pretty good.

Unorthodox shots

• Loving the options here, but they all look a bit "rushed"; not in the sense of effort in making them, but rather like they start on fast forward; the change of stance seems quite sudden.
  • Maybe this could be helped with a premeditated modifier like with advancing down the wicket.

Pitch Wear

• Footmarks, etc. didn't develop, the pitch looked pristine on day 5 still; it played like they had however.
  • Whilst cracks etc. developed, they went missing on the first ball of most overs, after field changes and in replays for a ball.
  • I can't be sure, but it seems that both of these issues were visual, I got a picked with the ball coming off a crack while it was invisible... I think.
Misc.

• Celebrations looked a bit stilted here and there, it might look better for them to go straight into the winning animation taking the last wicket, etc.
  • Rain delays could possible use a more obvious animation.
  • I would love to have an options to have the time up on the HUD somewhere rather than needing to pause to see it.

Loving the multiple control choices, and the bowling is a joy yet again. Even with the above issues this is easily my favourite cricket game ever. BigAnt deserve all the success they get from this release, and then tenfold on top.

Edit: Note, this is on PS4, and the match was played between the release patch and 1.05. I had an incident with a wicket being given LBW and the player remaining, but this bug was resolved with 1.05. I'm still amazed by a patch on a Saturday, absolute superstars there in Melbourne.

atimlin

Club Cricketer
Loving the game after completing my first Test. Absolutely fantastic experience for the most part, the AI and game balance seems much improved overall. I do some have minor gripes left:

Leaving

• The options for leaving seem vastly reduced. There's basically one leave where the batsman steps forward, save for a contextual case where they duck.
  • There's no option to pad up, etc., leading to problems.
  • The lack of other leaving options makes it hard to play conservatively against spinners.

Returning to the crease

• The most notable issue here is with leaving or playing and missing a front foot shot against a spinner, as you'll just get stumped; this can be mitigated by moving your position back a bit before the shot though.
  • The way players return in general looks a bit odd, they don't try and get a bat back with any urgency, rather they sprint back into their crease.
  • A bit of tuning here could make the game look and play a lot better in this specific regard.
AI

• They tend to turn down singles a bit too often after hitting it to a fielder in the outfield, I have only played a Test with a quick outfield though, so it's possible they were just being conservative.
  • Chasing 508 with about 5 sessions the AI just kind of plodded along at 3 an over; not really an issue, but I would have probably gone into my shell at that point and played for a draw, they seemingly played like it was day 2; that said, maybe they thought they should push me, then try and chase around ~200 in the last two sessions, the pitch was still pretty good.

Unorthodox shots

• Loving the options here, but they all look a bit "rushed"; not in the sense of effort in making them, but rather like they start on fast forward; the change of stance seems quite sudden.
  • Maybe this could be helped with a premeditated modifier like with advancing down the wicket.

Pitch Wear

• Footmarks, etc. didn't develop, the pitch looked pristine on day 5 still; it played like they had however.
  • Whilst cracks etc. developed, they went missing on the first ball of most overs, after field changes and in replays for a ball.
  • I can't be sure, but it seems that both of these issues were visual, I got a picked with the ball coming off a crack while it was invisible... I think.
Misc.

• Celebrations looked a bit stilted here and there, it might look better for them to go straight into the winning animation taking the last wicket, etc.
  • Rain delays could possible use a more obvious animation.
  • I would love to have an options to have the time up on the HUD somewhere rather than needing to pause to see it.

Loving the multiple control choices, and the bowling is a joy yet again. Even with the above issues this is easily my favourite cricket game ever. BigAnt deserve all the success they get from this release, and then tenfold on top.

Edit: Note, this is on PS4, and the match was played between the release patch and 1.05. I had an incident with a wicket being given LBW and the player remaining, but this bug was resolved with 1.05. I'm still amazed by a patch on a Saturday, absolute superstars there in Melbourne.

Great post and agree with many of your points. I guess they had to resolve the phantom dismissal bug as soon as possible as it was a potential game breaker.

Does the AI utilise different field placements in higher difficulties? I found that on Pro they seemed to cycle through the same three placements. I remember in DBC 14 it was very hard to find space in the higher difficulties as the AI made it hard to score runs.

My other question relates to the different difficulty settings. What is the difference between the difficulty option in the main menu (pro, vet, legend etc) and the batting difficulty that you select when selecting a team? I would love someone to clarify this.

Users who are viewing this thread