Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Guys is it a tricky task to make AI play genuine shots every time? AI has been playing a hell lot of that squeeze animation shot to offside which I call the dig out shot...Instead AI could play leg glance, to mid wicket , or even straight drive in a game which has so many damn good looking animations..Making them play around the ground would be great and that is something I really would like to see..

Sometimes it makes me think AI plays for the field we set , at least attracted to the zones we have fielders in...Playing continuously you kind of have a feeling what AI is about to play when you bowl a certain delivery..There always seems to be some "Go-to" shot for AI in BA cricket games and now in this that shot is their shot to get out of any situation and any ball..
Views on this...

Guys is it a tricky task to make AI play genuine shots every time? AI has been playing a hell lot of that squeeze animation shot to offside which I call the dig out shot...Instead AI could play leg glance, to mid wicket , or even straight drive in a game which has so many damn good looking animations..Making them play around the ground would be great and that is something I really would like to see..

Sometimes it makes me think AI plays for the field we set , at least attracted to the zones we have fielders in...Playing continuously you kind of have a feeling what AI is about to play when you bowl a certain delivery..There always seems to be some "Go-to" shot for AI in BA cricket games and now in this that shot is their shot to get out of any situation and any ball..
Views on this...
Me... Off topic... ? Thank you my Canadian brother.

I think they play a percentage game and have scored against me very well but I have set traps and got them out but this isn't Cricket captain. The only other parameter is the fact I am not a seasoned gamer but many are. Having seen many gameplay videos from those that are better then I feel the AI is selective but not totally suicidal but then maybe they do play to win and the program is more selective. I have closed them down though by rotating the field and bring up fielders.

Just for the record I am not a radical feminist, not a chance.

I think they play a percentage game and have scored against me very well but I have set traps and got them out but this isn't Cricket captain. The only other parameter is the fact I am not a seasoned gamer but many are. Having seen many gameplay videos from those that are better then I feel the AI is selective but not totally suicidal but then maybe they do play to win and the program is more selective. I have closed them down though by rotating the field and bring up fielders.
They score well off me too but my question is that whether implementing all those amazing looking animations into the AI difficult, its not something new put into the game rather just make use of the resources available..I dont know what issue such things causes but wouldnt an AI playing natural shots just for the delivery bowled be better that squeezing runs to keep scorecard real?!?! Its usually the humans who dont get all the AI shots in previous games and now the sides have changed and we are able to play all around but AI not so much..

Give them a full deliver on off stump angling in they would rather slog you over mid off region than play a classic straight drive..The feel of getting owned is there with the runs they score but the way they score it is unusual atleast to me for sure...Give them a wider short ball they would purposely under edge one falling short to slips regardless..Instead if they play either a leave if conservative batsman or slog it over the slips to third man region for a boundary I would be happy..

See the videos below for example..Taken while playing career..

The standard of AI in this regard is bit poor IMO...

I am not sure of the level of patching that would go to bowling in regards to edges off swing and seam in a very natural way which was there in the game when console released..It has faded overtime with patches like every other game..I get that issues sorted out brings out some new thing to be taken care of but a natural playing AI with shots all around with the wonderful animations they have done with their new technological advancement of mo cap is something that I want to see...

They score well off me too but my question is that whether implementing all those amazing looking animations into the AI difficult, its not something new put into the game rather just make use of the resources available..I dont know what issue such things causes but wouldnt an AI playing natural shots just for the delivery bowled be better that squeezing runs to keep scorecard real?!?! Its usually the humans who dont get all the AI shots in previous games and now the sides have changed and we are able to play all around but AI not so much..

Give them a full deliver on off stump angling in they would rather slog you over mid off region than play a classic straight drive..The feel of getting owned is there with the runs they score but the way they score it is unusual atleast to me for sure...Give them a wider short ball they would purposely under edge one falling short to slips regardless..Instead if they play either a leave if conservative batsman or slog it over the slips to third man region for a boundary I would be happy..

I am not sure of the level of patching that would go to bowling in regards to edges off swing and seam in a very natural way which was there in the game when console released..It has faded overtime with patches like every other game..I get that issues sorted out brings out some new thing to be taken care of but a natural playing AI with shots all around with the wonderful animations they have done with their new technological advancement of mo cap is something that I want to see...
Do you have any links to those videos when it was released, interested to see how it was playing back then

Do you have any links to those videos when it was released, interested to see how it was playing back then

The patches sadly have seen the AI regress. It's frustrating. Even more so as it was the one update we didn't get to test.

Browse videos in youtube when the game released on console..It was pure excitement at that time just watching those streams..[DOUBLEPOST=1514399726][/DOUBLEPOST]
The patches sadly have seen the AI regress. It's frustrating. Even more so as it was the one update we didn't get to test.
That is an issue..Hope they can somehow revert back to it with the changes made..Only going forward we should be able to see what can be done regarding this..

Browse videos in youtube when the game released on console..It was pure excitement at that time just watching those streams..[DOUBLEPOST=1514399726][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is an issue..Hope they can somehow revert back to it with the changes made..Only going forward we should be able to see what can be done regarding this..
Yea, just watched few minutes AI playing grounded cut shot which is not very often to see right now, I wonder if easy six hitting was there from beginning.. Although can see AI exploring more parts of the ground back then.

Yea, just watched few minutes AI playing grounded cut shot which is not very often to see right now, I wonder if easy six hitting was there from beginning.. Although can see AI exploring more parts of the ground back then.
Yeah that's the thing...Just watching the stream made me eager to play the game soon..It had everything we want in a cricket game..The balance back then was really good..
But now seeing so much through the bat stuff of shots , edges etc..

Just try to get best and my downloaded kits have all gone , dumb question I know trying to get kits back , domestic leagues etc
Thank for any help
Graham

Michael Slater just said "Kok was punished in that over"... almost spit Pepsi on my monitor.

He was talking about C. Kok, a generated bowler on my Club level opponent in Career mode.

Users who are viewing this thread