Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Installation complete! The xbox version of the game will go live on Nov 15th at 11pm in US.
I hope you are messing around cos how come they can release it on Xbox before the due date and not release for Ps4 ?!? I am here in Illinois so let's see what you have up your sleeve!

I hope you are messing around cos how come they can release it on Xbox before the due date and not release for Ps4 ?!? I am here in Illinois so let's see what you have up your sleeve!
There is a difference between downloading and actually getting to play. He already mentioned its on pre-downloaded and the actual game will be available on 15th at 11 PM. So no he does not have anything up his sleeves you are overthinking.

Reactions: DAP
Perhaps they didn’t own the license at that point, which would completely negate the unsubstantiated money grab assumption
So you are confirming that there was a money grab once the licensing became available, gotcha.

Looking at the price, I don’t think it’s a money grab. All this about license, mo cap ideas would have surfaced after DBC17 release. So they would have to planned up the idea about this in their next iteration. For Australian company, What better time to release a cricket game than Ashes in Australia when there is hype around the contest. Mind you next Ashes in Australia is in 2020 i guess.
All this happens to release the game close their previous release.

It's almost like the 2017/18 Ashes was pre-planned before DBC 17 was in development. After the dismal effort of RLL4 on top of the very poor effort of DBC 17 I'm very intrigued in how this Ashes game will be received and how it's sales will be although not dumb enough to purchase it; this game is make or break for them IMO

So you are confirming that there was a money grab once the licensing became available, gotcha.

It's almost like the 2017/18 Ashes was pre-planned before DBC 17 was in development. After the dismal effort of RLL4 on top of the very poor effort of DBC 17 I'm very intrigued in how this Ashes game will be received and how it's sales will be although not dumb enough to purchase it; this game is make or break for them IMO

Any evidence? Probably best to not post about something you have no idea about.

How come there was a crappy, half-arsed DBC 17 released last year and an Ashes game released this year? Surely the extra year would have been more beneficial to make one quality game? Although that does ignore the obvious money grab

What's half-arsed about the game?

EDIT: What makes you think that?

Compiled videos uploaded by Harry Weale
Quality Good Enough To View On Phone

Reactions: DAP
Not sure I'd call DBC17 "half-arsed", BA don't seem the type to do low-effort cash grabs like that, but something did go very wrong with it and mistakes were made (i.e. releasing with some of the glaring bugs); I'm sure even fans of the game can admit that.

DBC14 was the better game in almost every aspect IMO, especially on PC with easier texture mods (better looking results than academy logo sharing). I had a lot of fun with DBC14, but 17 just never had anything to capture my attention and make me want to play it over other games... Steam shows 172 hours in DBC14 and just 18 in DBC17.

Not sure I'd call DBC17 "half-arsed", BA don't seem the type to do low-effort cash grabs like that, but something did go very wrong with it and mistakes were made (i.e. releasing with some of the glaring bugs); I'm sure even fans of the game can admit that.

DBC14 was the better game in almost every aspect IMO, especially on PC with easier texture mods (better looking results than academy logo sharing). I had a lot of fun with DBC14, but 17 just never had anything to capture my attention and make me want to play it over other games... Steam shows 172 hours in DBC14 and just 18 in DBC17.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, they added so much stuff between DBC14 and DBC17 that it wasn't really a surprise that certain things ended up going a bit wrong. So it's not so much that it was half-arsed but that all their arse went into adding the new stuff while other aspects suffered a bit. :p

Should I mention how I already have more than both of those combined in Ashes? ;) :yes

Users who are viewing this thread