Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Thieves

Club Captain
Can we take guard as per different stumps in the new patch? I think I saw a pic of Dutch doing it.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Dutch...is it now possible to check your stance in ProCam? Fantastic if you can...but does it help you understand where your feet are in relation to the stumps. I bat exclusively in ProCam but often can't work out what guard I'm taking once I've wandered around the crease. Also, are those cracks generally representative of deteriorating pitch conditions or do the individual cracks interact with the ball to create variation...i.e. is hitting a crack a thing.

Really enjoying your updates and reactions. Thanks.

FollowOn

Club Captain
Common if you can give us variable pitches please give separate bowling attributes for swing and seam also with variable amount of movement.

If realism is the way to go then please ensure that not all bowlers can swing and seam it both ways. And so the spinners.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah mate, I’ll code it now x

Ha ha - brilliant.

But tbf the OP makes a good point - it is uber encouraging seeing the shot attributes having that effect on the batsmen, and seeing similar from the bowlers is important too. that feeling of e.g. spinner a: he doesn't have much of a wrong-un, spinner b: it's a weapon, he turns it both ways etc.

from the very first match in dbc14 i've been banging on about variation in opponent, and if we're on the path to that it's awesome.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ha ha - brilliant.

But tbf the OP makes a good point - it is uber encouraging seeing the shot attributes having that effect on the batsmen, and seeing similar from the bowlers is important too. that feeling of e.g. spinner a: he doesn't have much of a wrong-un, spinner b: it's a weapon, he turns it both ways etc.

from the very first match in dbc14 i've been banging on about variation in opponent, and if we're on the path to that it's awesome.

All attributes in general are having an effect.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ha ha - brilliant.

Yeah I thought it was a reasonable point, and not worthy of a sarcastic response. I've no idea where we got it from, but all these sliders given to us in the academy have given us the illusion that they might actually one day do something. :eek:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeah I thought it was a reasonable point, and not worthy of a sarcastic response. I've no idea where we got it from, but all these sliders given to us in the academy have given us the illusion that they might actually one day do something. :eek:

It’s the consistent way they are written... ensure/do this/do that/ surely it easy to.

Things will be tweaked. Stuff won’t be added.

I can’t repeat this any more than I have. At the moment attributes are working, It seems as if people choose just to ignore it.

D

Dutch

@Dutch...is it now possible to check your stance in ProCam? Fantastic if you can...but does it help you understand where your feet are in relation to the stumps. I bat exclusively in ProCam but often can't work out what guard I'm taking once I've wandered around the crease. Also, are those cracks generally representative of deteriorating pitch conditions or do the individual cracks interact with the ball to create variation...i.e. is hitting a crack a thing.

Really enjoying your updates and reactions. Thanks.
Its rudimentary at the mo but hopefully it will get better: if pitch characteristics do really come in to play you'll be wanting to check that pitch out as well as you look down and around...my hope is that there can be a looking down incorporated into procam so that you can play the ball at your feet if needs be. So you can check your guard and your feet positon in pro mode or any mode but you cant look around....yet...and you cant look down whilst playing the ball....yet.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The issue i have and maybe it’s a trait of these kind of forums.

I have a lot of time for people who put a point across, suggest a tweak and discuss’s it.

Then there is a load of people, who say nothing, rock up and just state what they want. Add this. Do this. Ensure this etc.

The game will never have everything that everyone wants. Impossible.

But so far, just talking gameplay, we already have:

Better AI fields

Far Far FAR reduced last ball smash.

Mentalities that are now so noticeable and have an impact on the game.

Attributes that work

Pitch Wear back in the game and pitches changing in the way they act over the course of a match.

Better AI pacing...

It’s going ok...

Let’s face it, they could easily not patch it.

Wouldn’t be the first company to just leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread