Ashes Cricket General Discussion

So No mate you cant sellect from domestic teams and game modes are prity much the same as DBC17. But going forward, it would be supperb if you can add the management elements to the game as well. Like in international cricket captains. Not so sure how practical that will be !

I may just stick to DB17 then if all I'm getting is slightly easier batting and Ashes faces, thank you.

A small question to everyone here. How much do one premeditate a shot while batting against quick bowlers on Hard/veteran level?

I do it almost 7/10 times, it sometimes look ugly when I premeditate based on field and miss it completely

A small question to everyone here. How much do one premeditate a shot while batting against quick bowlers on Hard/veteran level?

I do it almost 7/10 times, it sometimes look ugly when I premeditate based on field and miss it completely

I only really do it in T20 when I know where the gaps are and need runs. And then it's nearly always square of the wicket. The game is very OP when playing square in my opinion, with so many easy runs and boundaries between point and third man. If I need runs, I'll look for anything between middle stump and wider and try and carve it in that direction. Otherwise it's a flick off the pads in the opposite direction.

In a test match, I'm happy to just watch the ball and play it as required.

yes currently you HAVE to pre-meditate to get an IDEAL IDEAL timing, but this has been remedied in the coming patch

The problem with this is that game determines the quality of your shot in what it sees as the ideal timing window: thus forcing you to input as the ball is leaving the bowlers hand rather than after the ball pitches: this has now been remedied.

The single most important and
Exciting thing for me in the upcoming patch.

Adding to that.
If somehow ,
Timing+ shot selection can b made more hard if an when
" batsman premeditate and Move in the crease before the bowler balls" , will balance out the things further.

Last edited:
Yes, and probability of it going for a maximum goes up when you are well settled, something that was missing earlier on, as you could clobber it for a maximum even when fresh at the crease. And in addition, you have some lovely flat sixes to drool over! :clap
That sounds really encouraging.
I have a few queries if you can answer. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

1. How is AI field placement in the latest build? Any noticeable improvements?
2. How is it batting against spinners? Its fairly easy to play spinners atm. I miss the dbc 14 spinners. Any chances they are/have worked on it.
3. How is AI chasing in 2nd innings test matches? Atm its pretty ridiculous with AI chasing 400+ scores with ease (while simulating). Maybe its because the confidence gets carried over. Does confidence still carry over to the 2nd innings?
4. How are backfoot shots? Are they as effective as front foot shots?
5. Any progress on the career mode bug wherein Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic?

Users who are viewing this thread