Story Asia Cup 2006

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2006?

• Total voters

ashu2411

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all guys I am back with my next story.

This time the battle returns to Asia to fight for the presitigious Asia Cup 2006. This will be the first Asia Cup since 2004 where Sri Lanka defeated India by 25 runs in the final to become Asian Champions.

After two years Asia Cup is back as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have confirmed their participations. The series will soon begin after india returns from West indies and Sri lanka returns from England and will be fit in their schedules.

Due to shortage of grounds in EA Sports Cricket 2005 game, various nations wil host the cup. Pakistan and India will host all of its matches while Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will battle each other in Dhaka.

Last edited:

ashu2411

International Coach
The Indian Team Selection Board will have their meeting today at 5:00 P.M. It will be interesting to see the changes in the Indian team after their bitter loss to West Indies in West indies. However their is little doubt over Rahul Dravid's captaincy.

Much of the discussion is supposed to occur at India medium pace attack which failed to impress in West Indies. The board can decide to recall some of the old experienced players in order to prepare best team for World Cup 2007.

Another interesting decision will be on the inclusion of little master Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin has been out of international cricket since his shoulder surgery many months ago. All of the Indian Cricket fans will be praying for his comeback but we will have to wait and see if he is ready to return.

The selection of Sourav Ganguly can also be considered due to his experience and after poor show by Indian basmen in West Indies.

Therefore, a very important team selection is going in right now and we are definitely expecting to see some shocking results out of it.

Ok some things about story now:
1) I will be playing as India.
2) I will be using Indian Fantasy Kit made by Surendar because i really liked it.
3) I will try to use the latest rosters.

Last edited:

Cricket_60

International Coach
You're last story was excellent Ashu, Hope to see the same from you here :D

ashu2411

International Coach
The Asia Cup fixtures have been announced which is going to be a long series with every team playing against each other two times followed by a mega - final in Dhaka. Here is the fixture:

Ind V Pak @ Faisalabad on July 6
Ban V Sl @ Dhaka on July 8
Pak V Sl @ Kandy on July 10
Ind V Ban @ Kolkata on July 13
Pak V Ban @ Faisalabad on July 15
Ind V Sl @ Kandy on July 18
Ind V Pak @ Kolkata on July 21
Ban V Sl @ Kandy on July 22
Pak V Sl @ Faisalabad on July 24
Ind V Ban @ Dhaka on July 25
Pak V Ban @ Faisalabad on July 27
Ind V Sl @ Kolkata on July 28

Final @ Dhaka on July 30

Last edited:

ashu2411

International Coach
The India team has been named for the Asia Cup. The selection saw very much same team that visited West Indies this summer except one change.

This change is the return of Sachin Tendulkar to the international cricket after clearing his fitness test this morning. There was long talk on whether to let Sachin get some practise in domestic cricket before his return. But, finally it was decided that little master does not need practise and is fully prepared to once again entertain cricket fans all over the world.

Rahul Dravid was once again announced Indian Captain after leading his team to a very good one - day season.

Interestingly no changes has been named in the bowling department after inexperienced Indian medium pace attack struggled in the one day series. Following 15 - man team has been named for the upcoming Asia Cup.

team7af.jpg

Last edited:

ashu2411

International Coach
Indian team today returned from West Indies. Despite being tired of more then 12 hour flight, Rahul Dravid addressed the media to answer their question. Follwoing are some of the questions asked by media:

dravid0et.jpg

Q: Isn't it unfair for players to ask to participate in suc=h a big tournament like asia Cup on such short notice?
Ans: Yeah its definitely not easy for any player to come from a long tour of around 2 months and then coming back straight to play another tournament. but this is international cricket and it is the management decision who surely had everything in mind while finalising the tournament. It always test the mental toughness of our young players which will be very crucial for the team in World Cup.

Q: Sachin Tendulkar is also returning after a long interval. Many people have criticized him over last few months, What do you think of those comments?
Ans. Sachin is an amazing cricketer and we have played a lot of cricket together. Its always great to see him bat I am sure he still has alot to contribute to the team. Moreover, he plays a very important role in our strategy while preparing for the World Cup.

Q: Is the experimentation going to continue in the Indian team for this tournament also?
Ans: Definiltely we will continue to experiment with different combinations until world cup.

Q: Your thoughts on the tournament, your opponents and india's performance.
Ans: Asia Cup is definitely a big tournament and very crucial for our team's future preparations. We are going to face some very good opponents in the series which is definitely a good experience for our young players and will try to test the best out of them when it really matters. India had a great season so far and we will continue to try our best to continue our good form.

Thats it! Wait till tomorrow for the first match of the Asia Cup as it will start with India and Pakistan once again facing each other in Faisalabad.

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Great work so far ashu. I remeber before I joined I really in enjoyed your Sharjah Cup story. Hope it is even better this time! :cheers

ashu2411

International Coach
ZoraxDoom said:
No UAE or Hong Kong? :(
No, because then it will be too many matches for every team and those will be probably one sided too (srry no offence to UAE or Hong Kong). I just thought it will be wastage of time with those team in the cup.

Left_Hander said:
Great work so far ashu. I remeber before I joined I really in enjoyed your Sharjah Cup story. Hope it is even better this time! :cheers
thx buddy.

ashu2411

International Coach
So, here we are at Faisalabad for the first match of the Asia Cup 2006 between arch - rivals India and Pakistan. This is going to be a hell of the match as Pakistan will be looking for revenge of one - day series loss to India in india while India will be looking to once again come on winning track after losing to West Indies. Good atmosphere here as the supporters from both teams are present here in large number.

19fw1.jpg

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hope India shd win!!!
gud luck:cheers to India!!!!
cheers