Attributes

ricky87

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been trying to think of various attributes that would give the game and hopefully TTC as well a lot of depth and structure. Please add it here if you think of something that you feel would make an important attribute or a sub division to the main attribute.

The attributes I have come up with so far are:
1. Batting ? will include skill or points for various strokes, example; 6 out of 10 for a cover drive and 9 out of 10 for a pull... skill against the fast/swing /spin bowlers.
2. Bowling- will include skill against the right/left handed batsmen, skill in bowling various type of deliveries
3. Fielding- catching, so you would not want to place someone who has 5/10 in catching at the slips or a catching position.
4. Speed- would include running between the wickets, and while fielding the faster guys would ideally be sent to the outfield.
5. Stamina- players with more stamina can play longer innings while playing fewer bad shots and giving chances and bowlers can bowl those extra overs without losing much of their accuracy.
6. Strength- Capable of hitting longer sixes and more powerful shots and bowlers capable of bowling faster than others, would also include the throwing arm power of a fielder.
7. Temperament ? Aggressive, Defensive and Moderate... An aggressive batsman is likely to get more fours and sixes but is also more prone to getting out. Similarly, an aggressive bowler could get me more wickets but at a higher average.
8. Focus - Suggesting concentration levels of a player.

Injuries also dude.:D
So shane watson would get more injuries than say siddle.

in AC09 batsmen that could run fast between wickets could be ranked higher than a solid number 4-5 batsmen due to there speed! This meant that a fast bowler that could not bat, end up with enough batting skill to b an allrounder! Running speed should definetly be a seperate skill.

Number 7 in this threads first post was a good idea because It would seperate players like Luke Pomerbach, Chris Gayle and Alex Hales from players like Ed Cowan, Michael Clarke and Andrew Strauss.:yes:):D

i like your ideas cause such a attribute system would clearly add a lot of tactical depth to the game

Thanks Kaos.
Timing - I figure that timing would have to be a separate attribute from batting as well so while every new batsman would have to play himself in by playing a few defensive shots and a leaving some deliveries alone before his timing starts hitting peak and fluctuates around other attributes, not every batsman would have a 9 out 10 for timing so a number 8 batsman would normally be not much of a danger like in real life Cricket since even at his best his timing and batting skills would be limited.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread