30-3 Aug 3rd Test, Edgbaston

August

7-11 4th Test, Headingley

15-16 v Kent, Canterbury

20-24 5th Test, The Oval

28 ODI v Scotland, Edinburgh

30 Twenty20 international, Old Trafford

September

1 Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n)

4 1st ODI, The Oval

6 2nd ODI, Lord's

9 3rd ODI, Rose Bowl (d/n)

12 4th ODI, Lord's

15 5th ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n)

17 6th ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n)

20 7th ODI, Riverside

Australians at Hove? I will be there. I know it's a year off, but there will be a big build up and I'm not expecting, nor really wanting an in depth discussion about it now, because there is a lot of discussion to play. But we can talk about the fixtures. Before, I have stated my dislike for a 7 match ODI series, it's overkill.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I did think that a 7 ODi series would be very dull, but the England-India one was fantastic. Every match was entertaining in it's own way, and it was a close series. Hopefully the one between us and the Aussies will be as entertaining, although i expect us to get trounced.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There isn't much rest between the ODI's. That isn't good. There are a couple of back to back Test matches as well. And I thought the first Test was always held at Lord's.

D

Deleted member 11215

Only First test of the summer is held at Lord i believe. Looks like a Case of Overkill, tell me how they'll fit in the proposed EPL into this schedule, i dont think they will. The aussies are spending a total of 4 months in england which i think is ridiculous. The ODI format is in decline and 7 match series isnt the way the stop the rot i assure you. People have proven they like they're cricket short and sweet if possible so why not 3 or 5 match ODI series.

lancashire666

International Coach
gutted old trafford didnt get a ODI, we knew that they wouldnt get a test match, but can people not remember 2005, every day sold out and 20,000 people locked out of the ground on the 5th day! i got to the ground at 8am and still didnt get in the lines were so big at that time! 20,000 people locked out!!! sould of gotten a ODI at least!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I would of thought 5 ODI's would be more than enough but obviously not. Suprised to see the ECB haven't put in a third team for a tri-series as last time Australia was upset by Bangladesh.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
June

24-27 v Sussex, Hove Australia

July

1-4 v England Lions, Worcester Australia

8-12 1st Test, Cardiff Australia

16-20 2nd Test, Lord's Australia

24-26 v Northants, Northampton Australia

30-3 Aug 3rd Test, Edgbaston Australia

August

7-11 4th Test, Headingley Australia

15-16 v Kent, Canterbury Australia

20-24 5th Test, The Oval Australia

28 ODI v Scotland, Edinburgh Australia

30 Twenty20 international, Old Trafford Australia

September

1 Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n) Australia

4 1st ODI, The Oval Australia

6 2nd ODI, Lord's Australia

9 3rd ODI, Rose Bowl (d/n) Australia

12 4th ODI, Lord's Australia

15 5th ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n) Australia

17 6th ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n) Australia

20 7th ODI, Riverside Australia

Winners in bold.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Fair enough, Sussex have a chance :p Seriously though we can't get near them, we might win some matches but if we don't start building some serious form (and by this I mean beating the saffas this summer) we'll be in for another beating.

Sureshot

Executive member
It'll be a clean slate. First Ashes with no Warne or McGrath in a long time, they had a huge psychological impact on our players, let alone the devastation they caused by their ability.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I think even this time aussies will beat england in both ODIs and tests and may be in the T20 as well... but i think england might have chances because they got good bowlers like sidebottom, anderson and panesar... and their batting line up is no bad!

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
I think it will be a much tighter series than the last time. With the auzzie team getting older, and many good players replacing not so good older England players, plus home advantage. It will be interesting to see who will win. Saying that it could all change after the first ball, (As demonstrated in the past) so I personally can't wait for it to begin

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think despite the greats leaving the Aussies will prevail the winners of the Test matches. For the One-days I can't say anything except it's 50-50. The T20 should be very entertaining indeed.

Last edited:

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
I'm very excited about the first test of this series being at the Swalec Stadium (as they now like to call Sophia Gardens in Cardiff). It's the start of a new era and it should be a fascinating Ashes series, and one that England will have a chance in.
Just hoping for Simon Jones to keep playing well and get a recall for England in time for a "home" test for him in Cardiff.
I'll be there, for sure! :D

Users who are viewing this thread