Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not even 100 lead.. Well.. IND stormed back in. On to Batters... Heavy work still to be done

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I sincerely under estimated Umesh's utilisation other than a slogger in this match
Umesh does very well in Indian conditions especially when it starts to reverse. He and Shami are alike in that aspect.

6-12 in the last 45 mins. Can India take advantage of this momentum and bat sensibly?

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Umesh Yadav is highly underutilised by the Indian National Team over the years. Another talent wasted due to erratic decisions of the team management.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Umesh does very well in Indian conditions especially when it starts to reverse. He and Shami are alike in that aspect.

6-12 in the last 45 mins. Can India take advantage of this momentum and bat sensibly?

Just saw the stats, he has 100 wickets in India ,just behind Srinath and Zaheer. Huge achievement.

I also agree that he has been a victim of petty politics bad has been grossly underutilized by the team.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
If Aus had racked up 300 I'd say the game was out of India's reach, but honestly they've given themselves a shot at a comeback here.

B

Bigby Wolf

Umesh Yadav is highly underutilised by the Indian National Team over the years. Another talent wasted due to erratic decisions of the team management.
Not exactly true.

He faired pretty poorly in the overseas chances he had previously gotten.

He has been great in the Indian conditions especially with hia ability to reverse swing and hit the hard hitting lengths .

But elsewhere he struggled miserably as a bowler Perth 2018 was once such case.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
The AUS mindset from past 2 tests has plagued IND batters now. They're giving away their advantage. 258 is bare minimum IND need to make a match out of it.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
AUS spinners deserves praise for their consistency. Khawaja might not have survived to make that gem of an innings if IND would have done that. Interesting phase this is

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Superb innings from stupid Kohli

Bevab

Staff Member
Kohli’s lacking the patience to build and play a long test innings. The only way to get that back is to play at a lower level (Ranji or County) or else feast on a home series against a much weaker side. Given that almost every international test side now has at least a couple of really good bowlers I’m not sure how feasible the latter is and I’m pretty sure that’s what India have been banking on in all their arrogance.

He needs to be dropped and asked to play domestic FC cricket to recalibrate his game. I have faith that he’ll be capable of a Sourav or Dravid-esque swan-song if he is given the time to go back to the basics and correct the errors. The Indian international side is not the place to do it though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kohli is very poor vs spin. I second the calls for him to be dropped and perhaps sent back to domestic to hone his skills. The demi-God status seems to have gotten to him lately.

Bevab

Staff Member
Kohli is very poor vs spin. I second the calls for him to be dropped and perhaps sent back to domestic to hone his skills. The demi-God status seems to have gotten to him lately.

I just think he’s lacking the focus. After his mental break he focused on a plan for T20Is and came back there strongly with it. Since that he’s done the same for ODIs and looks like he’s back to form there too. For tests it’s clear that his current idea of wanting to be technically perfect whilst eliminating all mistakes isn’t working out. It’s leading him into a shell with a result of him either getting dismissed in a ridiculous manner because he couldn’t adapt to a certain delivery or being dismissed by that unplayable ball. I for one believe he needs to start accepting errors and playing in a more ‘dirty’ manner to progress his innings.

B

Bigby Wolf

Kohli’s lacking the patience to build and play a long test innings. The only way to get that back is to play at a lower level (Ranji or County) or else feast on a home series against a much weaker side. Given that almost every international test side now has at least a couple of really good bowlers I’m not sure how feasible the latter is and I’m pretty sure that’s what India have been banking on in all their arrogance.

He needs to be dropped and asked to play domestic FC cricket to recalibrate his game. I have faith that he’ll be capable of a Sourav or Dravid-esque swan-song if he is given the time to go back to the basics and correct the errors. The Indian international side is not the place to do it though.
Especially with the 2.5 days square turners.

Users who are viewing this thread