Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As a KEEPER NO !!![DOUBLEPOST=1488018094][/DOUBLEPOST]

GUARANTEE? WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ??

Alright Bro :)

Congrats @Umair2000. I've tasted humble pie before and while it's bitter, I seemed to have developed a taste for it. :lol

On a serious note, like I said before, we Indian fans under-estimated the Aussies big time. A complete performance from them and they hammered us on all fronts. A riveting test series in prospect although I do believe that if India play to their potential, they can still win the series.

Let me just say that the prediction was more to do with my belief in my team mixed with the Aussies getting pasted in Asia. In no way am I bitter about their win. In fact, I'm happy for them. However, I'm still bullish on 3-1.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well we learned our lesson- in order to win was not that we prepare rank turners that turn from day one, but it was decent pitches that the batsmen could score plenty of runs on for the first few days. Credit to Australia, the batted and bowled extremely well, O'Keefe was simply awesome. Smith got the runs, though I heard he gave many chances (I'm yet to see the highlights) But they played very well. I feel Australia had the advantage over India all match, they batted first on the rank turner that was not as its most lethal compared to days 2 and 3. They learned their mistakes from SL, though the young guys did really well, like Renshaw. I think we took Australia lightly which was maybe why the rankturner was made, but our batting was simply atrocious. It was dissapointing to see that when you saw India pliling on 500-600 runs this summer and test matches and we can't get more than 110. India will meed to reassess themselves before the next test, and this win will give Australia a ton of confidence.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well that was unexpected! So we did decently after losing the toss to get them out for 260. Even though we could have got them out earlier but it was still a decent effort from the bowlers. However, losing those 7 wickets for just 11 runs was absolute worst and one of the main reasons of losing this match. Again, not the first time this team has struggled on a turning pitch against ordinary spinners. TBH, it was a surprise to see this rank turner being produced after we have had so many good pitches for the home seasons so far. However, we just simply didn't adapt to the conditions as we should have. It was probably the ideal surface for O'Keefe who turns the ball the least out of 5 spin bowlers that played in this game and he became the type of bowler that Jadeja is for India on the pitches with little turn. He didn't turn it miles but just turned enough to confuse the batsmen with turning ball and bowling sliders in between.

I still don't think Jadeja and Ashwin bowled too badly but it was difficult for them to control the turn as they were turning it miles and consistently beating the outside edge. However, I still feel Ashwin's length could have been a little better. This type of matches are a learning curve for someone like Jayant Yadav who is very early into his test career. He bowled ok but was bowling a boundary ball in all the overs that he bowled which released the pressure.

Also our fielding didn't help the bowlers. We have to field better to put pressure on opposition. Steve Smith batted very well but he should have never reached that mark but our fielding allowed him to do it. Also our use of reviews is absolutely horrible. I know most of these players are not used to with DRS because they haven't been using it for too long but the way they have used it recently is just horrendous. Ashwin and Jadeja basically wants to review everything and Saha's judgement as a wicketkeeper should be much better than what he has shown so far.

Yes, we did not perform as everyone expected us to but the most frustrating thing was that we did not show any fight. The main question that rises now is who will step up when Kohli fails? Hopefully we can bounce back in the next game, I am still backing the boys to do well.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
P.S. Umesh Yadav has been amazing to watch

Have to agree with this. Right from England series, then Bangladesh and now Australia, he seems to be growing in confidence. He and Shami can hunt in pairs and it would be a visual treat for the Indians if that happens. We would have two bowlers who bowl with decent pace and swing it too.

B

Bigby Wolf

P.S. Umesh Yadav has been amazing to watch.
He bowled superbly throughout the home season ,he and Shami were absolutely lethal with the old againsy Nz and England.
Hopefully he peforms like this in the overseas test match in the next 2 years alongside Shami ,Bhuvi and company.Coming to the overseas the test match (espc. the collapse)reminded me as if were playing in England (2014 tour).

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
2 changes I'd make for the next game-

Pandya in for J Yadav and K Yadav in for I Sharma.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
P.S. Umesh Yadav has been amazing to watch.
Yes, I hope he can bring this form going into the champions Trophy. He has been superb this home summer and he will only do better in the future.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
This is the thing I was pointing out before when many people were after me like anything. Making such a turner backfired for India and Aussies came with such strong preparations. Having said that the credit must be given to Australian team rather than blaming for wicket. Australia's self-belief and willingness to give huge surprize to India was commendable and a learning lesson for other teams. Its a benchmark preparation really that how you approach your game inducting the two spinners and kept the pressure on when you are the least least favorite and opposition has been declared a clear winner before the series kicks off.

Smith showed his class yet again by making a century on such a wicket. Excited for the rest of the series. Next match would be a cracker. I can't be sure but India would most likely be making a very flat track for the next game, they have to make a kind a batting wicket where they can pile up immense runs and then later on Ashwin can sweep through the Aussie team. It can be more like India batting vs Australia batting contest then.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I would say 2-2 at the way Australia have played throughout the match. They have the oppurntunity to win in Dharmsala. Hazlewood and Starc will favor the conditions as it is cold up there and the ball will swing. Hopefully the next few tests have proper pitches made, as it will easier for the team to play and hopefully win, as per home advantage.
A little too bullish. It's either 2-1 or 1-1 for me.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia

LOL... Bhuvi is 1000 times better than Pandya both with the bat and ball..
Hope they pick Pandya so that we can score quicker..
And I also want Bhuvi to play.. He is the best bowler India have.. But as always good talents never got proper chance in India..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Absolutely no confidence in Pandya! Yes we need a batsman but not at the cost of ruining our bowling further.

I would pick Mishra for Jayant, and B Kumar for Ishant. Kumar can bat better than Ishant, and Mishra is also no slouch with the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread