Problem: Batting Difficulty

hiatus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So I have become fairly proficient at batting at amateur level. I have only played T10s but I am consistently posting scores in the 80+ range and winning games comfortably. So I decided to try Pro level and so far have played 4 games, and scored 3 runs total!!! I just cannot connect a single shot. I even went to try net practice and same problem, my timing is 85% ideal but not one ball hits the bat. I am so frustrated because amateur has no challenge for me and Pro is too difficult for me to bat. I can bowl fine all day. Wonder if I should just stick to bowling and forget about batting.

The difficulty is totally messed up for batting. However if you aren't even connecting it sounds like you aren't selecting front or back foot with left stick.

Amateur mode doesn't require that do maybe you got used to not doing i.

You must use left stick in pro and above or you will air swing every time.

Hi jadel
I am new to this
The problem with the batting is timing. The timing is perfect when we only hit when the either the bowler jumping(fast) and rotating arm (spin).Any thing other than this resulting in bold or missing.
How can we hit the ball with out knowing where he is bowling.
Any tips please...
Thanks

front foot/back foot shot selection

The difficulty is totally messed up for batting. However if you aren't even connecting it sounds like you aren't selecting front or back foot with left stick.

Amateur mode doesn't require that do maybe you got used to not doing i.

You must use left stick in pro and above or you will air swing every time.

How do you judge whether to play the delivery as a front foot shot or a back foot shot? I am pretty confused when it comes to batting in Pro mode.

Many people just cannot judge it, there is not enough time and the hash of a control scheme doesnt help. We await patch 2 so we can at least play career mode on a lesser difficulty

How do you judge whether to play the delivery as a front foot shot or a back foot shot? I am pretty confused when it comes to batting in Pro mode.

Green is front foot, red back foot......there is time and it can be done. If people make sweeping statements based on their own experieces then that is up to them. Patch 2 will definitely help in this regard for those struggling with batting. Amateur is nice and freindly and will give you the opportunity to get used to timing etcetera but you will find it too easy after a while most probably and then pro has become a little easier. It remains a good game though because if you do rash uncricket like things you will not stick around long whatever the mode....you have to think "cricket" not "game!"

Green is front foot, red back foot......there is time and it can be done. If people make sweeping statements based on their own experieces then that is up to them. Patch 2 will definitely help in this regard for those struggling with batting. Amateur is nice and freindly and will give you the opportunity to get used to timing etcetera but you will find it too easy after a while most probably and then pro has become a little easier. It remains a good game though because if you do rash uncricket like things you will not stick around long whatever the mode....you have to think "cricket" not "game!"
Thanks for the post, I actually looked at a few guides in the forum and realize it's probably my rash stroke making which is making batting even more difficult. Will spend some time in the nets. I haven't enjoyed a cricket game so much in such a long time, spending hours on bowling in career mode..that's a first for me in decades. Big Ant deserve all the support on this one :thumbs

'Green is front foot, red back foot' is a bit of a generalisation/oversimplification of what to play on the front or back foot as some green balls can be short enough to be played on the back foot. Occasionally to the fasties and even more so to the spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread