Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
saisrini80 said:
sorry boss, i figured it out.. in ur IRCU update, i replaced (renamed!) Akash Chopra with Ajay Jadeja and changed all the player characteristics. And for Rohan Gavaskar, I replaced Reetinder Singh Sodhi. Sorry for asking you and then doing it myself!

how did u do this? which files folders u changed to change players and their characteritics ?

I was just looking around and I think it might be raoster.pak file . Am i Right? secondly how to u view or change a .pak file. thanks

Last edited:
Go to Line Up Editor first and select the team from which you want the player changed. Open Player Editor and minimize it. Then in the line up editor and the bottom right hand corner, you will find the option to edit the players with Player Editor. Select the player you want to edit and click Edit. It will automatically open up in PLayer Editor. Now change the name, characteristics, skills, batting, bowling, fielding, etc in the PLayer editor and save it.. Save it after changing for each and every option

saisrini80 said:
Go to Line Up Editor first and select the team from which you want the player changed. Open Player Editor and minimize it. Then in the line up editor and the bottom right hand corner, you will find the option to edit the players with Player Editor. Select the player you want to edit and click Edit. It will automatically open up in PLayer Editor. Now change the name, characteristics, skills, batting, bowling, fielding, etc in the PLayer editor and save it.. Save it after changing for each and every option
good to see u help buddy nice work

The Champ said:
but mate i got lots of swing and seam playing with sam exe and was a bit different while playing with sam exe and tutsi patch, i think if boss can make cpu pacing well then this will be a great ai patch
So I need sam's 1.2 Exe? I was using his Lineup one.
boss said:

6. Now all the FAST bowlers(both CPU and Us!) can get the extra pace along with the Swing. Fast Spin technology for spinners is well. Some balls really hurry you. Get ready to face it.(You don't need Sam's EXE for this!, it works indep!).
Cheers

Boss
It says I don't need it....

My match has been rather interesting... unlike my first one day on a normal pitch the straight drive hasnt been as useful on a dusty pitch .. however the sweep has been a more productive shot this time around. Even though I am playing the same teams ind vs pak.. batting hasnt been as easy/ I was going along at around 5.2 an over with dhoni and dravid till dravid was out lbw. yuvraj tried a leg glance and missed and was bowled. Kaif and dhoni then had a great partnership with lots of 2's (Kaif ran a lot of singles and 2s.. just like in real life.. dhoni was finding the odd boundary, however the run rate dipped less than 5. at this point afridi and naved had been bowled out and the cpu introduced akthar in the 35th over(very interesting bowling changes) Akthar went for 20 in his first two but his third over was fantastic.... every single ball was yorker length and i lost 3 wickets in that over alone..either bowled or lbw.. all of a sudden the match changed and i am now 228/9 in 42 overs. if i score less than 250 it will be interesting to defend

saisrini80 said:

Thanks, was able to edit the lineup/player characrteritics

Help Mee Pls..

Bossy...it is your patch that keep me interest in C4k right now
as u know with Sams EXE the cursor is not displayed till the end.

So with the swing the CPU gets times it is imposible to get bat on ball i stand on leg stump with all my stumps exposed.

but with the new ball, when it pitches just out side off stump and well pitch up i can;t play a stright drive so offen it get's me out ball.is there a way to move the batsmen like the cpu does?????? :crying :upray they seems to just slids away and play the shot.

i gave up test cricket for the moment and start playing C&G cup matches just to get some pracities..
so help me pls..........

by the bossy i want your CGP v 4 quick as possible..

ah..i always gets out balled or LBW i get no edges..
ones i got 9 bowlds...i think it's due to the way a bat..
pls help
:mad

I think if i am right u have to change the bats window centre value to around 4 or 5 mate, then u adjust ball and batman trajectory to 0.1 then u can play shots like cpu, am i right boss buddy

Yorkers

Firstly :cheers - thanks to Boss for reigniting my interest in this game - the patches are great! I am using the newest Boss patch & Sam's latest exe.

However i find it very easy, even in hard mode to get the CPU batsman out with a yorker. Basically if the ball is on target & pitched up fully onto the stumps it will bowl the batsman out - no matter if its 100mph or 50mph. He seems to play over the top of it.

This means i can bowl the opposition out for practically nothing!

Am I the only one getting this bug?

I love batting with the new patch but can kill the oppo with yorkers. :cheers

graemejw said:
Firstly :cheers - thanks to Boss for reigniting my interest in this game - the patches are great! I am using the newest Boss patch & Sam's latest exe.

However i find it very easy, even in hard mode to get the CPU batsman out with a yorker. Basically if the ball is on target & pitched up fully onto the stumps it will bowl the batsman out - no matter if its 100mph or 50mph. He seems to play over the top of it.

I love batting with the new patch but can kill the oppo with yorkers. :cheers
No mate just wait for boss next patch where everything is fixed

Replies on 20.4.2005 8.45 p.m. IST

Hi all!, Great response for CGPv3 from all of u!, Thank u to all of u!, Sorry for not available yesterday!

Looks very realistic buddy, waiting for its release
by The Champ

Ya!, thank u buddy!, Just 1 week to go!, the match am playing, looking good at the end of day 4!, look at the bottom of this post for the update!

hey soz boss i ve been busy but i will definetly use your patch for my next match

check out my story there cracker in the last over between india and south africa
by jazz

Hi Jazz!, u are doing great work with u'r story thread mate!, will chck it out soon! and also thank u for considering my patch for u'r next match!

I haven't found any swing so far.Some good seam movement into the first 2-3 overs and a lot of edges in the first 6-7 overs, but no swing

I have noticed the extra pace though...that is good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ
but mate i got lots of swing and seam playing with sam exe and was a bit different while playing with sam exe and tutsi patch, i think if boss can make cpu pacing well then this will be a great ai patch

So I need sam's 1.2 Exe? I was using his Lineup one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss

6. Now all the FAST bowlers(both CPU and Us!) can get the extra pace along with the Swing. Fast Spin technology for spinners is well. Some balls really hurry you. Get ready to face it.(You don't need Sam's EXE for this!, it works indep!).
Cheers

Boss

It says I don't need it....
by ZoraxDoom

Hi zorax!, Thanks for u'r comm!, it's been a while to see in the thread!, any how nice to see u back!, Ya!, at present extra pace/seam for all the bowlers working!, the swing looking random at times!, mainly green tops will induce more swing than other pitches!, With sam's new exe, there will be swing on all the surface!, u may try that at present!, will check out and try to sort it out soon!

by The Champ

Hi buddy!, Thats true!, with sams new exe u can get more swing than with reg patches but very difficult to play with it at times i feel!, Yes!, AI pacing in test matches will be improved dramatically u will see in CGPv4 with new technique!, now almost scoring 4 R.P.O!.

Hey boss, I need your help now. I have included Ajay Jadeja and Rohan Gavaskar in my Indian 15 squad for the New Zealand-England-India triangular series. But I dont have these two players in your IRCU team list. Do you know how to create these players into the team? If yes, can you create them for me and then update me with the roster and the team list file for India?
sorry boss, i figured it out.. in ur IRCU update, i replaced (renamed!) Akash Chopra with Ajay Jadeja and changed all the player characteristics. And for Rohan Gavaskar, I replaced Reetinder Singh Sodhi. Sorry for asking you and then doing it myself!
by Saisrini80

Thank u very much mate to sort it out!, and i wonder why u've to incl these players!, looks odd though!, still amusing...

Boss,your patch is working fine for me.I have little query that can you increase the speed of fast bowler a little more to enhance the excitement of game.On the other hand if you donot want to include more speed then let me know the values which can enhance the speed of fast bowler etc.Keep it up your good work .
by Hero

The pace so far is fine i think hero to have more pace use sam exe mate
by The Champ

Hi Hero!, Thank u for the query!, You can change the speed of the bowling by modifying the values found under- AI config(Test/ODI/Level)->Title: ; FastBowler Speeds & Spins ->Fast, Normal and Slow.

But there are few drawbacks if u increase it a bit more,

1. lot of byes!
2. CPU tends to play false shot every now and then!
3. Defense get worse!, more LBW/Bowled!

Instead u may try it with sam's exe as buddy(champ) pointed out!, there is more speed!, but unplayable at times!, Hope this will help!

one thing i notcied in test matches is that the CPU plays alot of leg glance shots even when they are well outside off stump. ALso the pacing at the beginning of test matches is very slow. But other than that a fantastic patch
by kodos

Hi kodos!, thank u for u'r comm and app!, Yes!, i'll sort out both the wrong shot selection as well as Test match AI pacing in CGPv4!, i need u'r support till then!

how did u do this? which files folders u changed to change players and their characteritics ?

I was just looking around and I think it might be raoster.pak file . Am i Right? secondly how to u view or change a .pak file. thanks
by cricketfan

by saisrini80

good to see u help buddy nice work
by The Champ

Thanks, was able to edit the lineup/player characrteritics
by cricketfan

Thank u Sai to help out cricketfan's query!, PC team have some really helpful members!, i'm very happy to be a part of it!

My match has been rather interesting... unlike my first one day on a normal pitch the straight drive hasnt been as useful on a dusty pitch .. however the sweep has been a more productive shot this time around. Even though I am playing the same teams ind vs pak.. batting hasnt been as easy/ I was going along at around 5.2 an over with dhoni and dravid till dravid was out lbw. yuvraj tried a leg glance and missed and was bowled. Kaif and dhoni then had a great partnership with lots of 2's (Kaif ran a lot of singles and 2s.. just like in real life.. dhoni was finding the odd boundary, however the run rate dipped less than 5. at this point afridi and naved had been bowled out and the cpu introduced akthar in the 35th over(very interesting bowling changes) Akthar went for 20 in his first two but his third over was fantastic.... every single ball was yorker length and i lost 3 wickets in that over alone..either bowled or lbw.. all of a sudden the match changed and i am now 228/9 in 42 overs. if i score less than 250 it will be interesting to defend
by ashwinkm

Hi ashwin!, u are doing grt job!, thanks for the nice rev!. When u turn to bowl, set the reasonably defensive field as well as bowl at the COU line!, early on as CPU will like to blast-start!, looking forward to see more rev!

Bossy...it is your patch that keep me interest in C4k right now
as u know with Sams EXE the cursor is not displayed till the end.

So with the swing the CPU gets times it is imposible to get bat on ball i stand on leg stump with all my stumps exposed.

but with the new ball, when it pitches just out side off stump and well pitch up i can;t play a stright drive so offen it get's me out ball.is there a way to move the batsmen like the cpu does?????? they seems to just slids away and play the shot.

i gave up test cricket for the moment and start playing C&G cup matches just to get some pracities..
so help me pls..........

by the bossy i want your CGP v 4 quick as possible..

ah..i always gets out balled or LBW i get no edges..
ones i got 9 bowlds...i think it's due to the way a bat..
pls help
by charithnirmal

I think if i am right u have to change the bats window centre value to around 4 or 5 mate, then u adjust ball and batman trajectory to 0.1 then u can play shots like cpu, am i right boss buddy
by The Champ

I Kept my explorer open all day to day waiting for a messsage
thanx pal i'll try that
by charithnirmal

Hi nirmal!, just follow the tweaks Champ mentioned(Thank u once again Champ(ion))! u can see the batsman moving quicky as well as adjusting the line/length!, as u mention, for mmore details on AI configs details, check out my tutorial thread!,

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9381

there are more lbw/bowled in only with the challenging mode!, with Hard mode u can survive it easily if u spends more time on the field i feel!, soon i'll rel CGPv4 mate!

Firstly - thanks to Boss for reigniting my interest in this game - the patches are great! I am using the newest Boss patch & Sam's latest exe.

I love batting with the new patch but can kill the oppo with yorkers
by graemejw

No mate just wait for boss next patch where everything is fixed
by The Champ

Hi mate!, thanks for u'r comm and app!, a i mention earlier there is more LBW/bowled on Nightmare/Challenging mode only!, but if u play Regular Hard Mode, u can't get that much more with CPU as their defense getting stronger!. As Champ pointed out, the CGPv4 will be fix few more bugs!

CGPv4-Update:

Ind (V) Pak - Test Match @ Mumbai- Hard Pitch!,

India - 1st inn - 284/10 (91 ove!)

Pakistan - 1st inn - 397/10 (117 ove!)

India - 2nd inn- 360/10 (76 ove!)-Great come back by INDIA!, Thanks to dada's unusual century!

Ganguly - 121(163), Sachin - 58(73)

Akhtar-2/55, afridi-2/57, razzaq-2/68

Now Pak at 116/3 (after 24 ove-Great R.R!, isn' t it?)

Inzi-52*(59), Yasir-35(60)

Harbhajan - 2/17

This is the result so far at the EO day4!, Pak req 132 more runs with 7 wickets rem!, looks like spinners may have a chance!, all dep on the big man-Inzi with younis khan!, will update the res tomorrow!

Cheers

Boss

Looks unbelievable buddy that sounds like a real test match score, one thing if u can make cpu pacing well then this will certainly rock buddy
by The Champ

Ya!, really works well now buddy!, soon release it for beta testing..., will tell the dt tomorrow!

Boss

boss is there away with ur v3 patch to get cpu totals higher? becuase im getting aus out for 214 and 225 which i feel is not realistic at all. can u tell what config file i need to tweak?

Users who are viewing this thread