Bowling at county level

hiatus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I tried playing a test match yesterday at county level difficulty. The comp played first and while its easy to restrict their scoring, its tough as hell to get them out. Is there any strategy to getting them out? I finished day 1 at 62 for 1. Does the comp declare sometime or will it play till they are all out?

hiatus

School Cricketer
what are the 7 and 9 keys. I redefined my controls. Have all the actions on WSAD and Q and E and movement using the arrow keys.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Swing is one of the easier ways to get batsmen out. Aim way outside on either the leg or off side and swing the ball towards the batsman. Make sure that it is a fullish length, as it makes it more likely to be out LBW or bowled. Try doing it both ways (inswing and outswing) to keep the batsman guessing - you should start to take wickets at regular intervals. Also, some batsmen are particularly succeptable to spin bowling, so always try and keep a spinner handy. Outswing on a shorter length sometimes leads to edges. Variation is the best way to get wickets. :p

afridi25

International Cricketer
Try doing a yorker on leg side and swing it to middle stump

hiatus

School Cricketer
I figured out that using offspinners for right hand and legspinners for left hand batsmen is a very effective tactic to bowl out the team. All the wickets I got were clean bowled. I just had to figure the exact spot to pitch everytime and th ebatsman would lose his wicket. Now th egame doesnt feel very interesting sadly. Will the test difficulty improve things?

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
hiatus said:
I figured out that using offspinners for right hand and legspinners for left hand batsmen is a very effective tactic to bowl out the team. All the wickets I got were clean bowled. I just had to figure the exact spot to pitch everytime and th ebatsman would lose his wicket. Now th egame doesnt feel very interesting sadly. Will the test difficulty improve things?
Bowling at test level is easier than county level. It's so damn easy to get CPU batsmen out at test level.:(

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Bowling at test level is easier than county level. It's so damn easy to get CPU batsmen out at test level.
Well, yeah. But I find (and this may just be me) that the batsmen also play more attacking cricket on Test difficulty than on County. On County difficulty it's harder to get the opposition batsmen out but they also hardly score any runs either! In my experience on Test difficulty the oppostion batsmen take more singles and if the ball is there to be hit, then they definately will slog it over the ropes.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
I'd suggest you to edit the abilities of the players using 'Teamandinfo editor' and play at test level. This will make things even and you'll enjoy the game even more.

Users who are viewing this thread