Bowling Way To Simple

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys im having some major problems with bowling in cricket 2004. If any of you have been following my Dominators story thread (link below) you would know that i am using bosses version 2 patch (i am waiting for version 3s full release). This is fine for the batting side of it with runs becoming hard to make which is great. The problem is the bowling. I have been using the autoplay to ensure the computer gets respectable totals to make the game interesting to the readers out there. I decided i might take the ball in the test vs new zealand and this is what occurred:
New Zealand 10/5 (Vincent 5) (G. Mcgrath 9/0 (5.4 overs))

What i am asking is, is there a patch out there which makes the oppositions batting better to the point at which they can set realistic type totals. My aim is to make this as realistic as possible so that the readers can enjoy however scores of 5 in a test match just annoy me.

People like the_champ, m_vaughn, sai, jazz. You are all doing really good stories now. What do you suggest i should do to get rid of this problem As i said batting is fine, no dramas with that but its just the bowling. Any advice is welcome. Thanks
below is the proof and the scorecards.

boss

Club Cricketer
mate!, just 4 days to go for CGPv3!, it will clear your prob hopefully!, just need u'r support till then...

Boss

gold639

International Coach
Well what do you expect from such crap AI and crap game?

Bowl wide balls if you want to make the scores realistic :D

Or autoplay the bowling part.

Last edited:

The Champ

International Coach
Just play as in real life mate dont bowl too many yorkers try to get wickets by making batsman play some poor shots this will give lots of satisfaction, till cgvp3 is releases use tutsi patch here the tail ender to plays well see my story thread, i couldnt get vettori out for 100 balls.

MWaugh

International Coach
yeh thast what i have been doing. id say ill just keep going with the auto playing bit. this bloody ai is starting to crack me though. boss you have my support on version 3. hopefully it will fix it all. until then... autoplay unfortunatly

The Champ said:
Just play as in real life mate dont bowl too many yorkers try to get wickets by making batsman play some poor shots this will give lots of satisfaction, till cgvp3 is releases use tutsi patch here the tail ender to plays well see my story thread, i couldnt get vettori out for 100 balls.

thats the thing mate not one of those wickets was through a yorkers. they were just decent balls on a good length. the yorker system never worked for me but just bowling on a good line and length brings the above result

EDD_UK

School Cricketer
good line and length never brought me results like that

MWaugh

International Coach
EDD_UK said:
good line and length never brought me results like that

all i did is just bowled on or around off stump constantly and it came. i can guarentee everyone that not one of those wickets was to do with a yorker. i dont bowl yorkers because
1 im not that good at them and
2 bowling the way im bowling seems to be doing ok haha

i made it in the record books for that aswell :clap :happy :D

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
try tutsis patch ... it isnt easy to get the batsmen out and they tend to post decent scores... though not 250+ scores.. With the last patch the batsmen tended to score slowly in the middle overs .. but it was very tough to get them out..

Users who are viewing this thread