Brian Lara Cricket 2007 Bugs

Cowburn199

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
King Pietersen said:
Currently experiencing the Best.Bug.Ever, i just finished a game on live and went back to my test match, so i could finish it, and low and behold, all the names of the players are correct :D. The names of both the batsmen and bowlers are all correct, it may be a sneaky way around licensing by Codies, or a bug but it pwns :D

Just getting a screenie now, will be from my phone though, so not the best quality :P

1st Screen of bug
2md Screen of bug
:laugh
That's a great bug!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I'm worried about how quickly this thread is filling up. Maybe 'we' should start a poll:

Is BLIC 2007 worth buying - yes or no

pacers

School Cricketer
Very annoying bug with the custom teams. You can only play with them in 'balanced mode'. Which means that all the players ratings are changed to some default team set of ratings, and you can only play against teams with this same stupid set. Its difficult to explain, but if you try it out, you will see what I mean. I'm on the PS2 version.

biglads

School Cricketer
OK here's what I've found so far on the PC version that hopefully hasn't already been posted ....

Controls : The manual has no mention of methods of Control other than the Keyboard/Mouse combo. Once in game and selecting your team, I can see icons to use my other control devices. Of course this means you are going to have to guess what all the buttons do. Linked to this is the practice mode, There is no selection of controls that you wish to use for this. I found that I could only use my X52 HOTAS Joystick to perform the training.

So, in 'Team Select' I have Keyboard/Mouse combo for P1, a PS2-style Game Controller for P2 and a HOTAS Joystick for P3. Once in Practice Mode, it defaults to the P3 controls ........

'Click Through' : So, it's the end of an over and you are clicking through the replays & Hawk-eye graphics. Ooops, you've clicked to go through the last of these and what .... the 'Select New Bowler' screen has come up and unbeknownst to you your last click also decided you were going to continue with the same bowler. Want to change your bowler? Well be very careful about clicking any button once the last ball in an over has been deivered. The same goes for the batsmen. A man is out and you click because you don't want to watch the cut-scenes of one man going back to the Pavilion. Ah, well that's automatically sent the next man in the order in. Want to change your batting order? Again, be careful with clicking.

Difficulty : The game is new and I haven't played a great deal so this may not be wholly true, but it is certainly my feeling. Increasing the difficulty level seems to make 1 difference only. You have less time to get your mouse click in. It doesn't seem to make the CPU bowl better lines. Play the game on Slog level and you get around 600 in 50 overs and you can bowl out your opposition for 20.

Save Games : In a 50-Over match? Want to save mid-match? Well I haven't found a way to do this. You choose the game and then you have to play it all the way through.

There's other things too, but after one solid evening of play the ones I've posted really annoy me. Don't get me started about spinners opening the bowling and Fielding AI....

Disappointed. Hopefully a patch and mods can help the PC version, but if you have a console version and it suffers from the same issues you have my sympathy.

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i know the click through problem was prevalent in the demo as well. i stopped this by pressing 2 (equivalent of left-click on the mouse) to skip through the cut-scenes, and this stopped any problems i had with bowlers or batters being automatically chosen.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
biglads said:
Save Games :In a 50-Over match? Want to save mid-match? Well I haven't found a way to do this. You choose the game and then you have to play it all the way through.
Pause the game when the bowler is at the top of his run up at the beginning of a new over. You can save.

biglads

School Cricketer
skateboarder said:
Pause the game when the bowler is at the top of his run up at the beginning of a new over. You can save.

Thanks
:hpraise

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Bit of an odd one. Yesterday I loaded the PC version onto my mates computer and at one end there was a delay from you pressing a button, to that action being carried out in the game, yet at the other end it was fine. I've now loaded it onto my computer (now that I have a dvd-rom :D) and it's exactly the same, although not quite as noticeable as my computer runs it better than my mates.

PhilD123

International Coach
Anyone have the problem where if you press the LMB for the bowler, it changes the field settings instead. I think LF might have given me a fix for it, but it is frustrating.

Benj

School Cricketer
It's not actually possible to win the exhibition trophies. I've been awarded the Test and the Twenty Twenty one but they don't appear in the trophy cabinet.

AFlintoff

School Cricketer
Not really a bug, but quite funny. I was playing an online match when I threw at the stumps and ran out the opposition batsmen. However, all 3 stumps came out of the ground as if they were stuck together, and went flying about 10 yards!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd call this a bug.
Umpires are useless at calling wides in Online Play. I had Gassy bowling about 9 foot outside off stump and 7 foot outside legstump, the commentators going 'great bowling' and the umpires letting it pass! (Note: Distances may be slightly exaggerated). ;)

Users who are viewing this thread