C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

Yeah ofcourse, I sometimes bowl with Jayawardene if my spinner is going for a lot. But the important thing is that I use a legit lien and length with normal field placings.

James Hopes and Jayawardene have same bowling style in the game. Their rating hardly matters.

I'd like to know what kind of bowling style Warner has. :laugh

And Dabi, I didn't quit on you. I stayed and finished the game, but yes I was pissed that you decided to get a cheap wicket like that.

It was funny how most of your balls were outside of off stump up to that point and this ball was right in line with the stumps (actually you had it as a ball outside off stump at first). And yes, there is a way to tell. Look at your bowling cursor, if the cursor arrow is angled towards the slips when you're bowling, your player will hit the stumps (unless you're bowling cutters which you clearly wern't)

Also while he's running up, you can tell he's going to run into the stumps, hes pretty close.

Anyway, if you didn't know, you do now. :)

And Dabi, I didn't quit on you. I stayed and finished the game, but yes I was pissed that you decided to get a cheap wicket like that.

It was funny how most of your balls were outside of off stump up to that point and this ball was right in line with the stumps (actually you had it as a ball outside off stump at first). And yes, there is a way to tell. Look at your bowling cursor, if the cursor arrow is angled towards the slips when you're bowling, your player will hit the stumps (unless you're bowling cutters which you clearly wern't)

Also while he's running up, you can tell he's going to run into the stumps, hes pretty close.

That's the way I bowl mate, as do most players, bowl outside offstump for a few, then move one in. If one opts for an outswinger and then moves the cursor in, changing it to a straight ball, one can't exactly be looking at angled cursors then because it is supposed to be angled! As for the bowler moving too close, mate I'm too busy looking at my cursor to look at how or where the bowler is running in. Like I said earlier, it's just one of those things that happens. You could've taken it like a sport, I had a match where that happened to me thrice (Yes, thrice!). I didn't decide to get all upset and not be in the mood to play anymore. The other 9 wickets weren't like that now were they?

Yes you did finish the match but like I said earlier, bowling crap after 2 overs so that the match ends quickly is highly unsporsmanlike and as for that incident, one wicket is not something to create so much fuss about especially because you had 6 wickets remaining after that.

I'm not going to argue over whether I knew beforehand or not because clearly you don't want to believe me but I'd just like to point out that the other 9 wickets were completely fair and I'm pretty sure you were pissed mainly because you'd scored only 78 (which I believe is quite defendable).

I find it a little funny that you think that wild cursor movements, even when there's a little lag is fair but a glitch in the game that occured only once is cause for anger. :laugh

Last edited:

The poor guy can only bowl one kind of delivery. And that was enough to irritate you. ;)

boney_g added 4 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

That's the way I bowl mate, as do most players, bowl outside offstump for a few, then move one in. If one opts for an outswinger and then moves the cursor in, changing it to a straight ball, one can't exactly be looking at angled cursors then because it is supposed to be angled! As for the bowler moving too close, mate I'm too busy looking at my cursor to look at how or where the bowler is running in. Like I said earlier, it's just one of those things that happens. You could've taken it like a sport, I had a match where that happened to me thrice (Yes, thrice!). I didn't decide to get all upset and not be in the mood to play anymore. The other 9 wickets weren't like that now were they?

Yes you did finish the match but like I said earlier, bowling crap after 2 overs so that the match ends quickly is highly unsporsmanlike and as for that incident, one wicket is not something to create so much fuss about especially because you had 6 wickets remaining after that.

I'm not going to argue over whether I knew beforehand or not because clearly you don't want to believe me but I'd just like to point out that the other 9 wickets were completely fair and I'm pretty sure you were pissed mainly because you'd scored only 78 (which I believe is quite defendable).

I find it a little funny that you think that wild cursor movements, even when there's a little lag is fair but a glitch in the game that occured only once is cause for anger. :laugh
Well i think you are wasting your time now. He wont understand that its a bug. Leave it. ;)

how to import

how can i imports bats and kits in the game plzzzzzzzzzzzz help plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Game showing in task manager but not actually starting

I had this problem, what i figured out from a trial and error method was,
this has something to do with the desktop resolution, after i changed desktop resolution several times(from nvidia control panel, custom resolution) the game did finally start, and the problem persists on some resolutions.
Additionally there seems to be a bug,
I was playing against India with Australia in test mode and I was hit with the suicidal run out bug, so i bowled out India for 112 in 15 overs, it was still morning and then Australia comes to bat, and VOILA!!!! magically time advances and it's evening(4 or 5 i don't clearly remember).
This game is extremely buggy but I personally think the money I spent was not wasted.

I had this problem, what i figured out from a trial and error method was,
this has something to do with the desktop resolution, after i changed desktop resolution several times(from nvidia control panel, custom resolution) the game did finally start, and the problem persists on some resolutions.
Additionally there seems to be a bug,
I was playing against India with Australia in test mode and I was hit with the suicidal run out bug, so i bowled out India for 112 in 15 overs, it was still morning and then Australia comes to bat, and VOILA!!!! magically time advances and it's evening(4 or 5 i don't clearly remember).
This game is extremely buggy but I personally think the money I spent was not wasted.

From where did you get this game and why didnt you use the patch???...

When ever i play AC09 it crashes when fielders are running or Bowler :crying

can any1 help me...online pay i forwarded port 9103 and it still says unable to join host or something so plz help:)

I recently just installed Ashes 09 again and applied both beta patches. This caused the game to hang at the loading screen immediately after when it asks you to "Press Enter".

I uninstalled and re-installed, this time I haven't applied either patch and yet the problem still occurs. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66 Ghz
4GB RAM Memory
nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 1GB

Last edited:
Need stats to create players

I need stats to create players, any help will be much appreciated

I recently just installed Ashes 09 again and applied both beta patches. This caused the game to hang at the loading screen immediately after when it asks you to "Press Enter".

I've got a similar problem to you Offspinner but my game freezes on pressing enter to create an online match. I have to restart my system every time. Basically cant play online anymore.....

have installed the Open Beta2 Patch, and the single player mode is much more enjoyable now.

But When I play against a Human Opponent ( Same PC , without any network ) or Even When Online i face the following problems.

1. Playing online and When fielding , the Catching is almost Impossible. I dropped at least 25 catches in a 20/20 , the problem is that the Green Circle when the ball is in the air , never appears . I was Playing as australia so i guess they are a decent fieliding side, and we should get green circle at least when the catches go high up in the air. I never got a signle Green Circle on he ball during the entire match when fielding. ( This was during an online match ), and the same thing happens at times during an entire innings when i play with a human opponent on the same pc without Network.

Also i want to mention is that playing against the AI , my catching is not bad at all

2. When the ball goes in the air and gets to the fielder one bounce on the boundary , the fielders just stop it and do not hold the ball , then they roam around sort of for a second and stop doing anything when they get the ball in the hand, it results in an extra run being taken by the opponent. Is there any patch out yet to solve these fielding issues , or is it only me who is getting such problems.

3. A number of times my Wicket Keeper or Bowler when collecting ball to run a batsman out do not break the stumps , instead they just do the motion of moving the stumps/ bails and their hands never touch the stumps( the ball is already in their hands / gloves and they have time to run the batsman out easily but they cant) . This way the batsman does not get run out , It happend on at least 8-10 occassions in a 20 /20 online match.
4. Hitting the ball in the online games is way too easy , what mode is it , I dont think the online play supports hard mode ..am i right ? If yes , then what is the solution .

I have a fully loaded pc, the game runs fine , no problems with graphics or animations etc. Am also using the XBOX 360 Controller for PC

How to escape and go to options menu while playing a game or in the middle of the over??

How to correct all the player's names???

Please help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread