Career Mode Talk

ChippyLowe

Club Cricketer
Has anyone else been having trouble taking wickets? My medium fast swing bowler is getting smacked around by club cricketers, I'm mainly bowling good or full length aiming for the corridor of uncertainty but all edges are dropping short of keeper and slips even though I have them up

Any tips would be appreciated

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone else been having trouble taking wickets? My medium fast swing bowler is getting smacked around by club cricketers, I'm mainly bowling good or full length aiming for the corridor of uncertainty but all edges are dropping short of keeper and slips even though I have them up

See the weaknesses of the batsmen/batswomen by pressing L3. Bowl to his/her weakness.or you can use one thing I use, start up with a different length than change the length before the bowl is delivered!

Rhone

International Cricketer

When I played career all my games were on grassy very slow pitches by default, unless I changed them in the match setup.

If you have the same, then might be why edges are not carrying.

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When I played career all my games were on grassy very slow pitches by default, unless I changed them in the match setup.

If you have the same, then might be why edges are not carrying.

Same here. I have been changing it manually for club cricket though so each team has a different pitch type

kulch

Club Captain
From what I have seen streamed everyone's getting 600 xp and 375 bonus performance xp each match. Does this vary at all?

kulch

Club Captain
OK just another another stream this time a guy got 1000xp for match winning and 750 xp for performance. And it's club level proper cricket not a T20 fest. I'm off to purchase

The_Pharoah

International Coach
OAnd it's club level proper cricket not a T20 fest. I'm off to purchase

lol this is THE best quote I've read for a long time!! ha ha. I watched a youtuber start a career in Cricket 19. I'm sold. Unfortunately I have to bloody wait 2 months for the steam version to come out :(

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors

What difficulty? I've had a few wickets off edges to the keeper, a foot/bat wicket surprisingly. A couple inside edges on to the stumps. Just hunting for that first clean bowled though. I'm on Veteran, Hard/Hard

Reactions: DAP

Rhone

International Cricketer
What difficulty? I've had a few wickets off edges to the keeper, a foot/bat wicket surprisingly. A couple inside edges on to the stumps. Just hunting for that first clean bowled though. I'm on Veteran, Hard/Hard

I had the foot bat one. Caught at short leg after playing a forward defensive onto my toe.

Have you seen any wickets caught in the outfield? I've not had any of these.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Does anyone know what SP is used for in this game? As far as I can tell it has no correlation to skill/stat increases. I've got 400-odd thousand of it, with no clue what it's for.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Does anyone know what SP is used for in this game? As far as I can tell it has no correlation to skill/stat increases. I've got 400-odd thousand of it, with no clue what it's for.

It would be nice if there was a tutorial or guide to what everything is used for , at the moment I'm just winging it an upgrading my player randomly - batting all rounder . I'm changing around the perks as well depending on the game format , 3 day / 50 overs etc but not seeing much difference , but other on the forum have noticed a difference so early days for me on this , big learning curve ....

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I had the foot bat one. Caught at short leg after playing a forward defensive onto my toe.

Have you seen any wickets caught in the outfield? I've not had any of these.
Yet to have any in the outfield unfortunately. Also found it pretty hard to get one in Ashes Cricket too

Arko

Club Cricketer
And one that has played abit of career mode is there a 20/20 Australian comp, cause seeing no even default ones like that were in ashes cricket

Users who are viewing this thread