Career Mode Talk

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I started a women career mode instead of men (waiting for all teams and players availability in the academy)... Weird thing in that mode is every non-official players look same... only difference is there hair style, height and skin tone.... There eyes and face all similar...

Reactions: DAP

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Out of interest anyone tried Wicket keeper career mode yet ?

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So far it's stopped me starting a career because I just can't justify spending that time getting him just right all over again when I've already spent hours on it.

Yes sadly I felt the same.... Didn't realise that was how it was going to work. So I'll be eventually sitting down and just doing it again and setting myself to low level stats to allow for some progression.

kulch

Club Captain
So I've used perks for driving and leg glance and 1.25 xp, lowered selection criteria to easy and just hit my best knock 118*, now getting interest from NSW, unlocked next ability tier, got made captain of club and will promote my position to first drop. Everything is coming along nicely now in 3rd season of club. Tip, Use your perks as you unlock them, use perks that suit your style (most common shot/delivery etc) or beware the grind

Last edited:

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I started a women career mode instead of men (waiting for all teams and players availability in the academy)... Weird thing in that mode is every non-official players look same... only difference is there hair style, height and skin tone.... There eyes and face all similar...

More new face templates needed?

timma

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Can anyone confirm if edits made to international or domestic created teams during a career take effect right away (for example: downloading new uniforms from the academy then going back into career and using these newly edited teams), or would I need to start a new career to see the changes take effect?

I am a few games into a career in NZ and have replaced all domestic (searched academy for NZ state teams) and local club teams with created teams. It’s quite the grind, especially as I am batting down the order. I hardly get going before the rest of the team is bowled out. 4 games in and 4 not outs. Top score of 20*.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Damnit....my AI batting collapses in career mode are killing me. Do your team mates stick around a bit more in first class?!
As far as I have seen their scoring becomes better as you progress to next levels..

Also AI collapses , I take it as an opportunity to be there in the middle as long as possible.. Since your performance would really stand out..

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Damnit....my AI batting collapses in career mode are killing me. Do your team mates stick around a bit more in first class?!

As far as I have seen their scoring becomes better as you progress to next levels..

Also AI collapses , I take it as an opportunity to be there in the middle as long as possible.. Since your performance would really stand out..

I've stopped simming to career player and that seems to improve my team mates batting a little

avinashp

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Anyone having issues with career mode on xbox or any console where the game freezes when try to start a new season? I played 2 full seasons and when I am trying to start the 3rd one, the game freezes on the start of the new match.

Lalala

School Cricketer
Anyone having issues with career mode on xbox or any console where the game freezes when try to start a new season? I played 2 full seasons and when I am trying to start the 3rd one, the game freezes on the start of the new match.

I have the same issue trying to start the 3rd season; I have tried simming past the first game, but the same issue happened when starting the second game too.

Jackal888

School Cricketer
Can anyone confirm if edits made to international or domestic created teams during a career take effect right away (for example: downloading new uniforms from the academy then going back into career and using these newly edited teams), or would I need to start a new career to see the changes take effect?

I am a few games into a career in NZ and have replaced all domestic (searched academy for NZ state teams) and local club teams with created teams. It’s quite the grind, especially as I am batting down the order. I hardly get going before the rest of the team is bowled out. 4 games in and 4 not outs. Top score of 20*.

No regarding uniforms. I played against Sussex in the county championship and i had forgot to dl their uniforms so i exited career dl'd them and they were there when i went back in.

Mighty Windies

School Cricketer
Hi everyone, hope this question makes sense! I've noticed that there is no Big Bash 'tab' when looking at all the teams. Does this mean that even if we download the big bash teams from the academy, we won't be able to have a big bash career, or be offered a spot in a big bash team at some stage in our career?

Set Up Shop

Banned
Hi everyone, hope this question makes sense! I've noticed that there is no Big Bash 'tab' when looking at all the teams. Does this mean that even if we download the big bash teams from the academy, we won't be able to have a big bash career, or be offered a spot in a big bash team at some stage in our career?

There is an Australian T20 competition in career mode called “T20 state challenge”. But for some bizarre reason the teams that make up this comp don’t appear under the team lists in the academy which means that downloading then from the community won’t translate at all to career mode. Might be a licensing issue or maybe Big Ant have an update planned for introducing all these teams. Ludicrous if they’re not included in the game at some stage.

Users who are viewing this thread