Career Mode Talk

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

There we go, no mention of sponsorship or your player catching news headlines (when coming up the ranks) in Career mode

TommoN

Club Captain
Anyone else found that your team mates are absolutely useless at rotating strike?

I’ve been playing my first ODI’s for England and I’m often batting 25/30 overs and only facing about 40 balls.

I find I’m on strike at the start of the over, take a single and then don’t face a ball until the start of the next over.

It’s making ODI’s incredibly unrealistic

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors

There we go, no mention of sponsorship or your player catching news headlines (when coming up the ranks) in Career mode
Yeah, very odd. I'm now questioning whether or not I was just daydreaming about there being sponsorships and cut scenes.

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Half way through season 5 and I average 47 with the bat now in first class cricket for WA, with a bowling average of 34. Including a season best of 250 against NSW and 6 scores above 50. Still Im "a long way off" from selection for the Australia test team for all tours, except the tour to Bangladesh where Im still "being considered". Pretty rough!
Whats your selection difficulty[DOUBLEPOST=1561383268][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, but I did just make my FC debut so harder opposition

I'd agree but I've been taking wickets regularly back end of seaon for lancs, come the new season and it's very hard. I can be economical but everything I did before isn't working this season.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Yeah, very odd. I'm now questioning whether or not I was just daydreaming about there being sponsorships and cut scenes.

Career mode is largely identical to Ashes and if anything it's slightly reduced in scope. As far as I can tell you can only view stats for competitions your players teams are participating in. In Ashes you could view other competitions as I recall.

The three improvements that do exist are;

1. Stats seem to calculate accurately for your career player. First time since DBC14 this has been the case.
2. Playface.
3. The odd cut-scene at the beginning of a match.

These are in addition to general improvements (better all round batting and bowling and perk system).

That's it. I would be surprised if things like sponsorships and headlines are added.

Also, AI simulating does need looking at. It's a big feature of career mode and very unbalanced right now as many people including myself have mentioned.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Whats your selection difficulty[DOUBLEPOST=1561383268][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'd agree but I've been taking wickets regularly back end of seaon for lancs, come the new season and it's very hard. I can be economical but everything I did before isn't working this season.

Normal selection difficulty. Another match, another ton. Been offered contracts by all the English county teams now. Very close to selection to the Australian test side.

Bowler isnt harder at all with the new patch. If anything more edges are finding their way to fielders and I’m getting more wickets.

TomEmilioDavies

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Half way through season 5 and I average 47 with the bat now in first class cricket for WA, with a bowling average of 34. Including a season best of 250 against NSW and 6 scores above 50. Still Im "a long way off" from selection for the Australia test team for all tours, except the tour to Bangladesh where Im still "being considered". Pretty rough!

Mate at that point just put down the selection difficulty. You deserve a call up.

anandponnath

County Cricketer
Just a heads-up - I started a new career and the issue of "pitch being fixed as Very Soft/Green" has been resolved. Probably got resolved in one of the recent patches. Now each match has a different pitch setting by default.
Played a couple of career games yesterday, I have to say both defaulted to green/very soft. Will keep an out for it today.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Exactly, I guess it will probably be patched in but pretty cooked that nothings there. Just a re-skinned version of Ashes Cricket at this stage.
This is spot on. I definitely, for now, fail to see the leap from last game on this one. Hopefully patches in the future can bring in those improvements. I remain hopeful.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Played a couple of career games yesterday, I have to say both defaulted to green/very soft. Will keep an out for it today.
Playing my first season in Career mode, I have been getting the default pitch as grassy and very soft.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Just a heads-up - I started a new career and the issue of "pitch being fixed as Very Soft/Green" has been resolved. Probably got resolved in one of the recent patches. Now each match has a different pitch setting by default.

Incorrect, nothing has changed. The default pitch type changes from stadium to stadium for those included in the game and made by the community. The default village stadium pitch types used by clubs is always very soft/green.

For example - WACA pitch always defaults to hard and dry.

Local club village grounds always defaults to very soft and green.

Worth noting that all stadiums used in the game default to normal pitch wear, no cracks and diamond outfield.

Last edited:

anandponnath

County Cricketer
Incorrect, nothing has changed. The default pitch type changes from stadium to stadium for those included in the game and made by the community. The default village stadium pitch types used by clubs is always very soft/green.

Worth noting that all stadiums used in the game default to normal pitch wear, no cracks and diamond outfield.
Well, thanks for clearing that up. Cheers!

Pat

International Coach

You might be right. I did use community teams for my career mode and each team has its own stadium in the game. Probably why the issue seemed to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread