Career Mode Talk

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone noticed the Free Hit bug in Career mode? Basically, let's say you take a single of a no-ball. When you come in to bat next (it could be same or next over), you get a free hit instead of your partner. This happens every single time.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Has anyone noticed the Free Hit bug in Career mode? Basically, let's say you take a single of a no-ball. When you come in to bat next (it could be same or next over), you get a free hit instead of your partner. This happens every single time.

After taking a single and realised it was a no ball,,,,I relished the chance to face it, the Boom, I was given the strike, I guess it's a bug

kulch

Club Captain
The biggest improvement from ashes is the variation in xp earned per match based on performance. Whilst some of the calculations are a bit vague and mistifying, atleast now if u get a 50 or a 100 with the bat u are rewarded with loads more xp compared to if you got out for a duck. In ashes (well maybe it got patched in 6months later but) at release u could have simulated every game and u got the same xp if u got a duck or 300runs.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is the T20 World Cup playable to career players for anyone? This doesn't seem to be working for me. Just like it was for the ODI world cup in Ashes. Quite frustrating.

TomEmilioDavies

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
877E0253-A494-4133-A9D5-FC0ACD64E725.jpeg 2nd Test of my first Ashes series, at Lords. I’ve come in at 3/87

Shaping up to a grandstand finish.

Set Up Shop

Banned
View attachment 223612 2nd Test of my first Ashes series, at Lords. I’ve come in at 3/87

Shaping up to a grandstand finish.
Great to see the low scoring AI doesn’t change when playing up from first class....

Won the Sheffield shield with WA. As expected - no trophy presentation. Playing for Lancashire now for the winter. Got offered captaincy after one game. Averaging over 50 with the bat. Getting so bored waiting for my call up to the test team. At least I can make myself 12th man and simulate.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Is the T20 World Cup playable to career players for anyone? This doesn't seem to be working for me. Just like it was for the ODI world cup in Ashes. Quite frustrating.

I’m starting to get the feeling being promoted to international cricket doesn’t happen if you start out as a rookie player....

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone ever intentionally run your partner out if he is competing with you for the Man of the Match? :p

daniyal_asim

School Cricketer
Greetings fellow members. New here. I was hoping if someone could help with my query. I was playing career mode on Cricket 19 and had leveled up my guy to about 50 in both batting and bowling. Was playing in the Pakistan domestic circuit with a couple of years and playing first class with a bowling average of 23 and a batting average of 48. Then I read online that Academy has an updated version of the Pakistan domestic teams. So I downloaded those versions. But when I went to resume my career. Next to my player's current form, it said N/A which I found odd because I'd never seen it before. Then I clicked on the next match and the game crashed. I reloaded several times but it crashed every time. I just don't know what to do. I feel because of updating the teams, the data is corrupted. I tried to find how to restore old team versions but there was no option. Plus everything is auto saved so I don't have a backup save. The only thing which works is that the save game loads. But once I simulate or try to play a match it crashes. My question, is this save game and career corrupted for good? Should I delete the save file or can it be restored? Or will it be restored in a future update. I'm pretty upset about losing all that hard work. My second question is that I've started another career now and I'm wondering if I update any of the teams or players from the Academy, will I lose the new career as well? Will I be unable to download anything whilst a career mode is active in fear of changing rosters and corrupting the save data. Can we make backups of save game on PS4. Has anyone had a similar experience?
P.S: I'm sorry for my first post and that too being this long. I didn't know how else to explain it better. Kind regards.

Users who are viewing this thread