chronicle of improvements

langerrox

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  • personal text -members with a post count over a certain amount may use personal text instead of the "international cricketer" "chairman of selectors" tags
  • interview a mod -interview a mod monthly/weekly - great for the journos posting in the journo forum
  • a 'forum' - a messageboard that is UNmoderated and people may suggest IMPROVEMENTS without threads being closed,locked or deleted prematurely. (of course racist,vulgar and hurtful posts must be deleted)
  • MORE PM SPACE -is a must, 30 is not enough..
  • appreicate members more -dont give the "you don't have to be here" or "alt + f4"statement when a member shows opinion on a forum that may be negative in the eyes of a mod/admin
  • less moderation -threads dont need to be moved for no reason (see general forum), spam should be deleted if its at the extreme..
  • a system where a post that is say reported 5 times it will be deleted, ( if mods are not online and noone is able to delete )
  • subscribers service - pay a monthly fee to get NO ads, larger avatars/signatures and a special colour in your name. (if this happens the money from subscribers should go back into the SITE and the ad money to the owners pocket:P)

more to follow

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't like the subscriber's service one to be honest. The other ones bear some good points but i'm overall happy with things as they are.

langerrox

International Coach
your opinion is appreciated, unlike mosts on this forum ;)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Just because people sometimes don't give you what you want roxy, it doesn't mean they dont listen.

evertonfan said:
I don't like the subscriber's service one to be honest. The other ones bear some good points but i'm overall happy with things as they are.
The ads are provided by the server host, so its impossible anyway.

langerrox

International Coach
Kev said:
Just because people sometimes don't give you what you want roxy, it doesn't mean they dont listen.

The ads are provided by the server host, so its impossible anyway.
kev its not about not getting what i want its about feeling appreciated... you shouldn't be moving/locking deleting threads for the sake of it, the mods are there to moderate the situation, not to completey change it.. this is just like the AFL, umpires wanting to be more than they are. there was no reason to delete the union, it was created because this forum has turned into a joke and if you're arguement is that it was spam, you started it. look at half the threads on the forum before you go calling it spam :rolleyes:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
some pretty good suggestions there langerrox...
though i feel the ads suggestion is not too great... people using firefox are already not getting any ads due to ad-blocker,
also, as kev mentioned, it is not possible...

the rest of the suggestions are pretty good....

and i hope the thread doesnt get closed lol... :p

langerrox

International Coach
Abhas said:
some pretty good suggestions there langerrox...
though i feel the ads suggestion is not too great... people using firefox are already not getting any ads due to ad-blocker,
also, as kev mentioned, it is not possible...

the rest of the suggestions are pretty good....

and i hope the thread doesnt get closed lol... :p
thanks, wouldn't hold your breath

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
langerrox said:
  • subscribers service

more to follow

All your other points sound preddy decent to me, but this one i'm not too sure of.

Even if its just done as an act of gratitude or to get the privilage of larger sigs and avatars. Which would eventually lead to the use of large sigs and avatars anyway.

Sig and avatar sizes were decreased to make the forums faster for dial-up users and everyone else as a whole. (I still have a small amount of trouble with the sigs, but its not unbearable). Unless they arent considerably larger it will once again be rather irritating with the page jumping about like crazy with large sigs and avatars being loaded the whole time.

As I said, otherwise all your other ideas are decent.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I agree with the sig one... Poor Warnie down here strugglin to fit in 300x100

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Why have ridiculously over sized sigs? I agree it's easier for us GFX makers to work with bigger sigs but I make my sigs purely for display and not for forum use. 300 x 100 looks very neat and just count yourself lucky that we are allowed sigs at all because some sites don't even allow them all together.

langerrox

International Coach
evo the subscriber service aint looking like its gun happen but if it was it would only be a slight increase

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would just prefer a little bit more....just so u can create a cool clear larger sig

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I think the sig limit is fine as it is. Surely you're here to be judged by the quality of your posts not your sig?

Why is it so important to have a bigger signature?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The subscriber service is the only idea I'm attracted to in the least bit. Apart from that, it seems most changes would only modify the aesthetic appeal of the forum (negatively in some regards) and not really do anything to the quality of the posts--the thing that has actually been going down in recent times.

The interview a mod idea is also interesting, but I think that the saturation point of reading about other people, not famous people at that, will be reached fairly quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread