chronicle of improvements

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
tell me one thing y u need big Sig and big avatar :p ? it does not play any vital role . :)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
The interview a mod idea is also interesting, but I think that the saturation point of reading about other people, not famous people at that, will be reached fairly quickly.
After about 2 lines would be my guess.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I've seen interviews work surprisingly well on other sites before. For example, Pak Passion has a thread for nominating a user to be interviewed and another thread where about 15-20 questions are asked. It's all light-hearted and could be surprisingly popular here. I wouldn't be particulary gutted if it doesn't take place though.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm willing to be interviewed by someone, but I really dont see why people would be interested to read it.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
We can obnly speculate but I imagine that people would love to know Kev's favourite song and his favourite dessert. :)

Those are the kind of light-hearted questions that get asked along with the mor challenging ones such as; "What is the meaning of life?"

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
If the subscriber service you talk of Roxy had more benifits i would be interested in the idea, but at the moment no.

The only one i would see as benificial to PC is the interview thing, i dont just think Mod's etc... but also members to get to know them more (There would have to be stipulations, such as a member has to have over a certain amount of post or whatever else interviewing a 2 week old member wont be interesting and wont work.

I dont see why everyone bangs on about Signature sizes. It doesnt interest me in the slightest, i think they are nice to look at and some people have some great ones which makes PC better but having them bigger wouldn't be a main point. I'd welcome maybe a change to 400x150 but i dont care in the slightest if it gets decreased or increased or stays the same

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I like the personal text idea, but the limit would have to be at least 10,000 or more. Even then it might not be a good idea in the way that it might encourage spamming in order to increase the post count.

Re: interview a mod, why should it be just mods? Any interesting poster could be interviewed as long as they're comfortable with it. Just that it doesn't need to be "official". If you think such a thing would improve the PC experience why not start it yourself in General Chat and see who people would like to read about?

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
The subscription idea has legs but it would need to be thought out carefully.

In the first instance I would have no trouble in 'donating' a small amount of money in order to help the running of the site and pay for future improvements. Perhaps this show of support could be indicated by the choosing of a small icon to be displayed in the members profile (much like the system used on the b3ta boards).

Further to this any regular subscription fee would have to be justified by the inclusion of premium content. The option to have larger avatars or signatures doesn't appeal to me plus there would be the already mentioned problem with regards to the wide variety of connection speeds for users. I can think of a few uses for subscription monies but there are going to be a number of limitations as to what could be attempted. The most important thing would be to not alienate those who choose to remain as free members.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread