Co-op Moments

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a question. When playing co-op online, do you still have the bowler slow-down that you have in 1v1 games? I figured that since you are not competing against each other this was no-longer necessary.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I have a question. When playing co-op online, do you still have the bowler slow-down that you have in 1v1 games? I figured that since you are not competing against each other this was no-longer necessary.
Yeah its there, depends on the connection though between the players...

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I guess it is still needed to synchronise the timing since the person who is not bowling is in charge of the field?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Interesting. I'll have to try then with some Englishmen (sticking with Europe to avoid lag)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
AI thrashed us for their 1st innings posting a mammoth 241....Best bowling by Faf lol going at 20rpo...Wow!!!

2015-07-17_00003.jpg

Chasing the mammoth score we lost wickets really quickly as the partner wanted to slog everything out...After many wickets finally at 50-7 looking really bad for a dominating AI performance we managed a partnership by Duminy and Steyn and lost the parntership to the "Run button" response issue...
Later he tried to continue his slog and I just rotated to give him the majority of strikes...So instead of disappointing win we managed a reasonably good chase scoring 194....

2015-07-17_00001.jpg

2015-07-17_00004.jpg

Was really entertaining and challenging match for sure...

2015-07-17_00002.jpg

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Best match so far played in Co-op with @grkrama in a customised 15 over 2 innings per side match with 5 wickets...Has definitely been the best game...

Playing on legend, Our first innings went off quickly with a very low score of 75...Was hard to score and we lost wickets too fast....

2015-07-26_00002.jpg

Having such a low score, we were trying to bowl tight overs for the AI's first innings, we also got two edges which went against us dont know why even BARS review was overturned both the times...And they managed to reach 108 with some good bowling...Though the wickets column should have been 3 or 4...

2015-07-26_00003.jpg

With a lead of 33 runs AI was in a good place at the time of the match...We later started the second innings amazingly well started off by some great hitting from @grkrama ..Reaching his 50 in a very quick time....I batted with Kirsten and score 28 runs off my favourite type of bowler spinner with advance down ground shots, great looking shots...That helped me to reach the 50 soon....

2015-07-25_00008.jpg

Later continued to play the innings with grkrama scoring more runs off his favourite type of bowler Medium pacer with this advance down slog shots for many many sixes which helped in increasing the run rate for us....After some great hitting he got out trying to slog one off pace bowler for a very good score of 74...I then started scoring more freely and last over came the bag of cookie a spinner with 15 runs remaining to get the first century in co-op....First 2 balls for down the wicket sixes taking me to 97 in quick time and took a single next ball and @grkrama was so polite in giving me the strike and helping me get that century felt really good on that century and posting a mammoth total in this format...

2015-07-25_00009.jpg

2015-07-25_00010.jpg
2015-07-26_00004.jpg

Managing the mammoth total with a lead of 182, this was definitely in the bag for us...AI tried to do the best but we did very well to restrict them to 144 in 15 overs

2015-07-26_00005.jpg

2015-07-26_00001.jpg

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hmmm... Weird that your AI seems to play decently but @kamyFC doesnt, Kamy for the chasing try bump the bowling up to legend...

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Thanks Markkkkk for calling me out

funnyadit - Can you show a screenshot of the Custom Match Type setting?
These are my Match Type settings screenshots
2015-07-26_00002.jpg 2015-07-26_00004.jpg
2015-07-26_00005.jpg

I'm playing a 2 innings - 20 overs limited overs game in VETERAN. Which mode are you guys on?
It works fine but the AI fielding seems messed up.
The AI sets 5 slips 90% of the time leaving huge gaps and while batting just does not care bout the run rate while chasing or setting...

Also the AI leaves huge gaps on the offside or sometimes the AI does not have a Midon/LongOn.
So its easy pickings for me either get easy runs in the MidOn Area or the Cover area.

Also do you have powerplay on? Even after powerplay the AI just has 2 fielders outside the circle.

Also the AI uses the opening bowlers until they finish their quota. Then the next 2 bowlers until they finish and so on.
Does not mix and match.

So these are the observations then playing a 2 innings 20 over game.
Its a great format and i love it but these AI issues make it unplayable, to be honest.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
we made use of no field restrictions. So that could be a factor for AI to place good fields, still there would be a couple of overs were AI may go aggressive fields when you are hitting, but if you keep a steady high runrate it will put defensive fields.

2015-07-26_00016.jpg 2015-07-26_00017.jpg 2015-07-26_00018.jpg 2015-07-26_00019.jpg

Last edited:

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
we made use of no field restrictions. So that could be a factor for AI to place good fields, still there would be a couple of overs were AI may go aggressive fields when you are hitting, but if you keep a steady high runrate it will put defensive fields.

Ah! I see. So there was nothing set.

So this was your Field Restriction setting?

FIELD RESTRICTION COUNT = 0

2015-07-26_00010.jpg

grkrama

National Board President
yup, i would keep max fielders on leg side n outside circle higher too. not that it changes much.

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
man when is this coming to ps4?

would love me some co op
Could be damn fun

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Is anyone else trying to get two PS4 controllers working on the PC with input mapper? I can get both recognised by input mapper but not by DBC. I can get one PS4 controller and one 360 controller though...

Users who are viewing this thread